• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 SF2] England vs South Africa (21/10/2023)

Gutted.
For once the better side lost.
Congrats to SA.

I hate complaining about the ref, but O'Keefe bottled that at the end. Some truly shocking calls there.

Well played England. Far better than I ever hoped.

Not having that. He took Martin off who was amazing. And had Billy on the bench
Martin was gassed. Sinckler was the sub that really changed the game but if we've only got one tighthead who can hold his own then we've only got one tighthead who can hold his own; what else is there to do?

An ugly win - but still a win.
Feel for England played with so much heart and determination.

Last scrum was not a penalty for South Africa, last England attack was a clear penalty for England

This ref should not be allowed to decide all the games he is in charge

Frankly Genge and Sinckler are ******* useless scrummagers, let that crap SA team win… wow
Useless? Or not as good as the opposition, there is a difference. Aga9nst aby other team in the world i doubt they would be destroyed.

Its a SA strength and they played to it.

Im gutted dont get me wrong

Well gutted.

Last scrum was NEVER a bok scrum. Koch was going in.

England subs not good enough.

Borthwick is turning this team around...I've said it from long back.

New squad a few new faces...new attack Coach...and the 6n is going to be fascinating.

I'm wearing my Kiwi shirt next week.

once again a combination of big decisions and non decisions once again favouring SA is the difference.
Nah
It's heartbreaking, but we had it in our own hands to win that, but the Bristol Props and a knackered George we're never going match up to the Saffer bench props, and Billy simply isn't international quality any more.

Good to see we at least proved our 14 man comfortable win over Argentina wasn't a fluke and that on balance, a close SF wasn't ridiculous.

Still, that's better than we've played in 4 years,

Hopefully they can somehow channel that energy/passion more regularly moving forwards
Hard agree. Still lots to work on but the breakdown has been class. Showed fight. Defense looked good for most of the game. If we can get a functional attack outside the kicking game I feel more optimistic than I have in a while.

Latest posts