• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 SF2] England vs South Africa (21/10/2023)

I'll have a read through this when sober tomorrow, but in summary:

First time in years I have been proud of this team. Pub packed and was screaming swing low.

Faz showed he still has the #IceMan within.

O'Keefe was ****.

Sinkler can't scrummage v the Boks.
Loosehead was the problem I thought.

There will be a lot of cheap finals tickets available in Paris. The final will be like a home game for the All Blacks with the French crowd supporting them:p

Well what a game. Frankly a beautiful piece of engineering from SB which was executed wonderfully by England. To take the No 1 team in the world, who nearly everyone thought were going to steam roller you, and run them to the last 5 minutes, and then losing by a solitary point, that's something special. Every Englishman on that pitch today gave their all, they emptied the tank and fought, and they may have lost, but they did so with honour and did us all proud. Well done lads, every single one of you. I'm sure people will look to pick apart various elements, but balls to them, because today, you earned respect.

I've tried not to until now, but it's getting draining.
They rock up every 4 years, I try to get shot of them during the group stages but there's always one or two that seem to keep their bullshit dry until the knockouts before going maximum salt/nonsense.

I don't think they're allowed to intervene on free kicks.
Thanks. Laws and Itoje needed better support from the loosies - they played out of their skins. A bit more game control from Farrell in the last 6-7 minutes should have seen England home, but they panicked a bit with forwards trying to string together passes that caused them to go backwards.
I don't think I saw the ball get to 12 or 13 once in 70 minutes..

I thought the Boks were shockingly bad, but it is a sign of a great team to grind out wins when you are playing badly.

Billy was disgraceful. Picked on past form and for things he can no longer do. Lacked the intensity and heart we saw from the other 21 players that made it on to the pitch (admittedly that's kind to Ford but he had all of about 2mins and at least didn't make any mistakes).

Billy was disgraceful. Picked on past form and for things he can no longer do. Lacked the intensity and heart we saw from the other 21 players that made it on to the pitch.
Absolutely - SB should have bookmarked the BV outburst and banished him- but thats all hindsight.

I'm so ******* ****** off.

Billy the major disappointment. First involvement was a knock on and he looked his usual lacklustre self.

Latest posts