• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 Mid-Year Test] Argentina vs. Ireland 07/06/14

Be honest here guys... how much would you give for a time machine to bring back a 23 year old version of POC and anoint that as your second row partnership for the next ten years?

Be honest here guys... how much would you give for a time machine to bring back a 23 year old version of POC and anoint that as your second row partnership for the next ten years?

Something very valuable.

1. Lucas Noguera Paz

2. Matías Cortese
3. Ramiro Herrera
4. Manuel Carizza
5. Tomas Lavanini
6. Rodrigo Baez
7. Tomás De la Vega
8. Benjamin Macome
9. Martín Landajo (c)
10. Nicolás Sánchez
11. Manuel Montero
12. Gabriel Ascarate
13. Jerónimo De la Fuente
14. Santiago Cordero
15. Joaquin Tuculet
Suplentes:
16. Julian Montoya
17. Bruno Postiglioni
18. Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro
19. Matías Alemanno
20. Javier Ortega Desio
21. Tomás Cubelli
22. Santiago González Iglesias
23. Lucas González Amorosino

Some decent players, despite Conrad's attempt to make himself immune to slagging it's not too bad. We should win comfortably enough but a lot depends on the Argies attitude.

shhit, Paul O'Connell's century mark cap. Excellent to read that news. Becomes the 4th Irishman ever to achieve that meaningful stat. Congrats to him. I enjoy Munster Rugby quite a bit (except Zebo, he's just annoying...), and their forward work the most. It's clinical, powerful, fully engaged and consistent, technical - exactly in the image of O'Connell.
POC, a hard worker, cares about his teammates always patting them on the back, picking them up, encouraging them, punching others in the face who try to harm them. A hard man, always gets the job done, you'll never see him below 100% effort wise. If any club besides a French one this year, I'd have liked to see Munster lift the H Cup.

He joins O'Gara and O'Driscoll in the prestigious 100capclub. That golden generation of Irish Rugby.

My mom always emphasizes how he scares her though every time I'm watchin Ireland on the TV. lol.

POC Freddy.jpg

Last edited:
shhit, Paul O'Connell's century mark cap. Excellent to read that news. Becomes the 4th Irishman ever to achieve that meaningful stat. Congrats to him. I enjoy Munster Rugby quite a bit (except Zebo, he's just annoying...), and their forward work the most. It's clinical, powerful, fully engaged and consistent, technical - exactly in the image of O'Connell.
POC, a hard worker, cares about his teammates always patting them on the back, picking them up, encouraging them, punching others in the face who try to harm them. A hard man, always gets the job done, you'll never see him below 100% effort wise. If any club besides a French one this year, I'd have liked to see Munster lift the H Cup.

He joins O'Gara and O'Driscoll in the prestigious 100capclub. That golden generation of Irish Rugby.

My mom always emphasizes how he scares her though every time I'm watchin Ireland on the TV. lol.

View attachment 2974

Would've had near as many as BOD had he avoided injury.

Yeah, but BOD's sound, so BOD's bod doesn't revolt every timme BOD tries ro play rugby.

Yeah, but BOD's sound, so BOD's bod doesn't revolt every timme BOD tries ro play rugby.

True but my point was more at the serious groin viral infection which threatened not just Paulies career but health too. It was great to see him come out the other side of it.

As for game I'm still unsure what to think. It's 1 where I don't think Ireland can come out with much regardless because if we don't be excellent it'll be "that's poor against an awful Arg squad" yet we win well and it's "that's only a poor Arg team".
Will be interesting to see some units. 9/10 should be perfect. 12/13 shouldn't be bad as they're club colleagues. Second row could kill someone if both on song. Backrow is hit and miss in terms of its hard to know what to expect. Front row will be fine and back 3 should be ok although Felix at 15 has tendency to have me cautious

Last edited:
Ireland by 40-50 points

I very much doubt that, while not a top class Argentina team this Ireland hasn't been together since march I reckon there'll be some rusty-ness. I am however excited to see Zebo, Cave and Marshal make a really go of it in the backline and Henderson and Murphy in the pack.

I very much doubt that, while not a top class Argentina team this Ireland hasn't been together since march I reckon there'll be some rusty-ness. I am however excited to see Zebo, Cave and Marshal make a really go of it in the backline and Henderson and Murphy in the pack.

Yeah I do think we'll beat the spread which last time I checked was 16 points but we certainly won't win by 50. Given how Conrad loves bringing up past results to insult people with I'd say this is a preemptive thing to "mantain dignity". If we win by that much, it's a weak team he knew that'd happen. If it's a lot closer, it will be brought up later in an unrelated debate.

Yeah I do think we'll beat the spread which last time I checked was 16 points but we certainly won't win by 50. Given how Conrad loves bringing up past results to insult people with I'd say this is a preemptive thing to "mantain dignity". If we win by that much, it's a weak team he knew that'd happen. If it's a lot closer, it will be brought up later in an unrelated debate.
As I said I think Ireland are in a slightly no-win situation. And I know I slam Schmidt at times but will say we won't be as good as we were in Nov/6Nations because a) a lot of guys are new to his systems and b) it's end of season in a slightly less motivational sense it's hard for some to get up for this.
This tour more about integrating a few more in to national set up

I have to say, I really like Simon Zebo, is a good wing IMO.

C'mon Pumas! A very difficult test match.

5 minutes - Tackles:

Argentina 28 - Ireland 0

:eek::eek::eek:

Robbie Diack butchered a try in the Pro 12 final of 2013 when it was easier to score. He's shown that he didn't learn from that by butchering another try in his first test match.

0-3 Ireland lead.

I think I've found my new Ireland-related commentary bugbear;

"....Brian O Driscoll's no.13 jersey"

It's not his anymore.

Felix Jones is a right ****. Great steal on the ground there from Best.

Latest posts