• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Semi Final 1: South Africa vs. New Zealand (24/10/2015)

Calm down there Sally, you're starting to become a bit too much

Fair call, I'd hate to be the guy that loses the 'Freedom Cup', the whatever you guys call the cup, or the 'Mandela Freedom Cup' etc etc.

We just wish we were as good as you guys?

too drunk but passionate about rugby. Damn good in my books

I suggest people follow suit and add the clown to their ignore lists- a wonderful underutilised function of the forum. I'm going to have to take it up with the tech guys here that one can still see ignored person's posts when quoted. Its too hard not to have a quick read.

World Cup records you both have 2 and SA won away from home so in World Cup terms their record is stronger.. admittedly by a squeak!

You can add we are 2/5 whereas NZ is 2/7 and the matchups against these sides in the context of RWCs read SA 2 (F and 3rd place play off) , NZ 1 (QF).

This is not going to be easy at all. But if there is one team that can beat the All Blacks, it's us.

I just wonder if the All Blacks might be a bit under-prepared for this game as they haven't had a tough tight game all tournament. Or are they that good?? Either way, I'm thinking it will be a lot closer than the France game, and Since the rain has started to fall at Twickenham on Sunday, my guess is that we are in for a wetter game than we have seen this whole tournament so far.

I see there are murmurs that Willie Le Roux might not play, as he has an ankle injury, but nothing official yet.

The game against Argentina was tight !

This is a 50:50 game. Psychologically The AB's know what it takes to beat the Springboks. And they can do it in any climatic conditions. On the day it is about execution and composure. If both sides can win their scrums ,lineouts and the breakdowns are evenly contested then the AB's are likely to win . However I think the boks have the better performing loose trio & their scrum is marginally better . Hopefully the addition of joe moody will shore up the scrum. He did well against France but it is hard to measure that performance as they were very few scrums .Jerome Kaino & Kieran need to be at their best! If Kaino , Reado, Carter and Conrad smith are fitting on all cylinders & the set pieces are functioning well the AB's will be a difficult proposition . The AB names that I have left out are already playing well. Having said that the Boks will come in expecting to win!

Sad that obvious trolls with no valuable contributions to the thread don't get blocked, but this is my view of tomorrow's game (as a SAFFA):
It's obvious that that we can't continue to kick ball to NZ's back 3, it's suicide. We need to dominate the rucks, NZ on front foot ball can be devastating. Le Roux needs to up his game, he's had a below average WC. Pollard needs to slot his penalties, he's been lucky so far that his poor execution hasn't cost us so far.
Am not worried about our defense as long as we dominate the breakdown and we have backrowers that are more than capable of this.
We are underdogs for this game but don't bet your house on an All Black win, the Bokke won't be an easy shadow practice as it was with France.

As long as the Springboks play their best, we will be happy (though a lot happier should we win).

Go Rugby! Go Bokke!

http://www.sarugbymag.co.za/blog/details/schalk-burger-interview

Schalk's interview about life, nearly dying, etc. I hope he has a big game tomorrow - I am really not holding out much hope for us winning.

- - - Updated - - -

Incidentally, this forum is starting to resemble that other (terrible) rugby forum. Let's not descend to bottom of the barrel level!

Incidentally, this forum is starting to resemble that other (terrible) rugby forum. Let's not descend to bottom of the barrel level!

Best is ignore the trolls before the game and hope SA comes up trumps.
Then ignore their whinging after the game. Hopefully they will move on to other forums where they may get a rise.

Civil engagement is far better than bait and BS.

Best is ignore the trolls before the game and hope SA comes up trumps.
Then ignore their whinging after the game. Hopefully they will move on to other forums where they may get a rise.

Civil engagement is far better than bait and BS.

Agreed

South Africa have a better front row and pack. NZ have a better backline.
A better pack? I don't think so. Give me the NZ back row all day long. Give me the Retallick/Whitelock combo all day long. Give me Dane Coles. Props? Well yeah, maybe you guys have us there.

Let each side of supporters promise each other, no gloating, no nasty comments after tomorrows match. Rugby is supposed to be a gentlemans game. Supporters should act accordingly

2c.

Let each side of supporters promise each other, no gloating, no nasty comments after tomorrows match. Rugby is supposed to be a gentlemans game. Supporters should act accordingly

2c.

I'm in.
oh and while we're at it good luck to the South African supporters.
I hope the better team on the day wins.

2c.

Agreed. That said... I hope NZ win and don't care how they do it.

Pumped for the game, got my tickets and over the jet lag, it's funny, you couldn't really tell there's a RWC going on here. Barely any supporters are seen, I've seen like 3 - 4 All Blacks supporters in the entire 3 days I've been going from Trafalgar Square up to the Tower of London etc, all the tourists traps, I did see Fekitoa at the Eye of London, that was cool, seen a smattering of SA supporters and some Argentinians supporters on the big bus, they're setting up some big screen in Trafalgar for the final I guess. Other than that you wouldn't know the tournaments on.

I walked through Mayfair wearing my AB top etc and heaps of richs guys said "Go black", everyones really polite here and it's good value, can have decent conversations, everyone at the local pubs are all interested and friendly, good vibe from the locals, I must admit if England didn't go out early it would be a pretty awesome atmosphere.

Last edited:

Latest posts