• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Semi Final 1: South Africa vs. New Zealand (24/10/2015)

Pumped for the game, got my tickets and over the jet lag, it's funny, you couldn't really tell there's a RWC going on here. Barely any supporters are seen, I've seen like 3 - 4 All Blacks supporters in the entire 3 days I've been going from Trafalgar Square up to the Tower of London etc, all the tourists traps, I did see Fekitoa at the Eye of London, that was cool, seen a smattering of SA supporters and some Argentinians supporters on the big bus, they're setting up some big screen in Trafalgar for the final I guess. Other than that you wouldn't know the tournaments on.

I walked through Mayfair wearing my AB top etc and heaps of richs guys said "Go black", everyones really polite here and it's good value, can have decent conversations, everyone at the local pubs are all interested and friendly, good vibe from the locals, I must admit if England didn't go out early it would be a pretty awesome atmosphere.

You should have been in Cardiff last weekend. Great atmosphere; great mix of English, Irish, Welsh, Kiwis, French and Argentinian fans drinking and being merry in Cardiff city centre.

I think Twickenham pre-game the atmosphere will be pumped for such a big game. Yes, it would be even better had the other semi been England and Ireland, as the fans would from those countries would be in high anticipation mode. But still plenty of Aussies and Argie fans and genuine Rigby fans from all countries will be in the pubs in and around central London for this game.

I've got my ticket and cannot wait. If it's anywhere near the last 3 games at Ellis park, then we really are for something special.

Last edited:
Pumped for the game, got my tickets and over the jet lag, it's funny, you couldn't really tell there's a RWC going on here. Barely any supporters are seen, I've seen like 3 - 4 All Blacks supporters in the entire 3 days I've been going from Trafalgar Square up to the Tower of London etc, all the tourists traps, I did see Fekitoa at the Eye of London, that was cool, seen a smattering of SA supporters and some Argentinians supporters on the big bus, they're setting up some big screen in Trafalgar for the final I guess. Other than that you wouldn't know the tournaments on.

I walked through Mayfair wearing my AB top etc and heaps of richs guys said "Go black", everyones really polite here and it's good value, can have decent conversations, everyone at the local pubs are all interested and friendly, good vibe from the locals, I must admit if England didn't go out early it would be a pretty awesome atmosphere.

During the week it does die down, also the lack of home nations to support will also feel the effects. This weekend though London will be good vibes with the rugby, the NFL on Sunday and their even in Regent St tomorrow

Throw your phone in the toilet , thats what I'll be doing.

I m getting the jitters too ! If we give them 3 unanswered tries they will drop their heads and end up punching Richie! I m dreaming . These boks won't go easily ! Not buying into their role which began with henycke Meyer that this is the best all black side ever . On the forum I read hints of the all blacks being the favorites . 50/50 game ! They have better in form players! If we can match them at the set piece & this includes breakdowns we can win !

You should have been in Cardiff last weekend. Great atmosphere; great mix of English Irish, Welsh, Kiwis, French and Argentinian fans drinking and being merry in Cardiff city centre.

I think Twickenham pre-game the atmosphere will be pumped for such a big game. Yes, it would be even better had the other semi been England and Ireland, as the fans would from those countries would be in high anticipation mode. But still plenty of Auspies and Argie fans and genuine Rigby fans from all countries will be in the pubs in and around central London for this game.

I've got my ticket and cannot wait. If it's anywhere near the last 3 games at Ellis park, then we really are for something special.

The WC atmosphere has been great all the way from the start. We live quite close to Twickenham and there are flags of all the nations taking part flying in our High Street, while all the pubs and clubs are ready to show the matches this weekend. Certainly fans from all nations are here, and everyone will be hoping for some great rugby, including the English, who, while disappointed with their own teams failure to get through, still love rugby enough to support whoever is playing.

Not so sure about fans of 'Rising Damp' though :)( Sorry, couldn't resist!)

I m getting the jitters too ! If we give them 3 unanswered tries they will drop their heads and end up punching Richie! I m dreaming . These boks won't go easily ! Not buying into their role which began with henycke Meyer that this is the best all black side ever . On the forum I read hints of the all blacks being the favorites . 50/50 game ! They have better in form players! If we can match them at the set piece & this includes breakdowns we can win !

No doubt, this will not be an easy game. Last week us NZ supporters got off lightly, it was not a stressful affair. This week will be different, it will most certainly come down to the wire and I will have no finger nails left.

The English are awesome mate, never sure why we give them so much **** down this way.
And they have the best pubs in the world.

Not sure about Crockett. He scrums reasonably well but that is about it. He often infringes. His replacement in the QF is a keeper, IMHO.

You should have been in Cardiff last weekend. Great atmosphere; great mix of English, Irish, Welsh, Kiwis, French and Argentinian fans drinking and being merry in Cardiff city centre.

I think Twickenham pre-game the atmosphere will be pumped for such a big game. Yes, it would be even better had the other semi been England and Ireland, as the fans would from those countries would be in high anticipation mode. But still plenty of Aussies and Argie fans and genuine Rigby fans from all countries will be in the pubs in and around central London for this game.

Yeah my brother was in Cardiff and he said it was awesome. I bet Twickers will be awesome tomorrow, I'm out in Wimbledon, so I don't have too far to go, heard they're firing tickets out cheap as well with 15 minutes to go, so if anyone wants cheap tickets, get too the game with 15 minutes to go, can get 2 for 1's cheap by the sounds of it

Expect a lot of kicking in this game with both teams trying to pin each other in their own halves. There will be lots of bombs and lots of diffusing to do from both sides. The rain can make things messy. There will be more counter attack from ABs. Boks will be aiming to slow down/turnover the ball in the breakdown. ABs will kick the ball long when in their own half, send up a bomb when near the half way, and attack from anywhere else.
In the last few seasons Boks have started well most times, hence the games have always been tight and only decided late in the match. So Boks must start well. ABs have been notoriously slow starters in the last 4 years but always go up gears as the game progresses with their superior bench and fitness. I would imagine ABs will be looking to replicate last weeks start. If ABs start well I don't think Boks will be able to keep up or come from behind.

Carter to be targeted? Note that this is his first game against the Boks since that controversial yellow card BDP received in Auckland a couple of years ago.

Would seriously like to know a saffar opinion on Handre Pollard. What you guys think of him?

Carter may be harder than that.

Expect a lot of kicking in this game with both teams trying to pin each other in their own halves. There will be lots of bombs and lots of diffusing to do from both sides. The rain can make things messy. There will be more counter attack from ABs. Boks will be aiming to slow down/turnover the ball in the breakdown. ABs will kick the ball long when in their own half, send up a bomb when near the half way, and attack from anywhere else.
In the last few seasons Boks have started well most times, hence the games have always been tight and only decided late in the match. So Boks must start well. ABs have been notoriously slow starters in the last 4 years but always go up gears as the game progresses with their superior bench and fitness. I would imagine ABs will be looking to replicate last weeks start. If ABs start well I don't think Boks will be able to keep up or come from behind.

Carter to be targeted? Note that this is his first game against the Boks since that controversial yellow card BDP received in Auckland a couple of years ago.

I'm pretty sure Carter can take a knock. He was hit while his attention was elsewhere and was caught off balance. The hit was certainly designed to inflict damage but I didn't see it as illegal. The Boks aren't going to win this one in close. Their wings are phenomenal but will need ball to make any difference. Expect an exciting game!

This should be a contest of two different approaches.

SA play more like a NH side while NZ are the epitome of the SH way.

Would seriously like to know a saffar opinion on Handre Pollard. What you guys think of him?

There's no real consensus on Pollard. Right now almost half my Saffer buddies prefer Pollard, another almost half prefer Lambie and one prefers Morne Steyn.

I mean he's a real talent and with ball in hand can do some real damage. However his kicks need major work, both at kicking for goal (which he has been improving upon) and his tactical kicking and decision making which have been awful. That being said he's still just 21 years old! His potential is sky high but some feel that we should go with a less flashy but more consistent kicker and distributor in the 10 jersey with the biggest games on the line.

Any game of this caliber in a knock out phase would be a 50-50 affair I guess. However, I am confident that the All Blacks will rise to the occasion and go through due to their superior passing and running game, bench strength and fitness. If the All Blacks will make an early statement like they did in the QF against France and impose a flowing fast paced game, I believe it will be difficult for the Boks to keep things on track. I hope Carter won't be viewed as a target as well, thus having a game beyond players/referees controversies.

Come on you, ALL BLACKS!

Latest posts