• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] Ireland vs England (02/02/2019)

With mako george sinkler billy starting and then genge LCD hughes to come on we have some carrying power in that pack. Im happy with the pack, though surprised lawes out kruis in.

Im shocked brown isnt in the 23 though, i had assumed he would be on the bench incase daly had a shocker. Looks luke daly is our first choice FB for the world cup.

It was nice to dream.

Quite possibly the worst 23 that could've been selected from that 25-man squad. Daly at 15 is... mind-blowingly idiotic. In all fairness the pack looks strong, I'd go for Launch or Lawes over Kruis but it's a close call. On paper, Tuilagi-Slade could be very effective. It's unlikely to be, but I'm cautiously hopeful.

Manu at 12. How much has he played there in the past?
He got tried there before his most recent injury didnt he when EJ wanted him to be a 12? And did average and got moved back to 13 then got injured again

Anyway this conversation is moot Manu will injured before Saturday anyway! ;)

Amazing last year everyone was slagging off Brown!

Not a bad team, really like the pack and its nice to see Nowell starting. Will wait and see about how the backline functions.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUdge

That backline honestly made me audibly moan at my desk and sink my head into my hands. My boss thought I'd just lost a client or something.

Can you imagine Farrell and Tuilagi trying to defend that channel together? All over the place.

Jesus Christ, I think I'm going to watch the game at home, I daren't run the risk of running into any Irishmen, or other nationalities jumping on the anyone-but-England bandwagon, plus I don't want to be drunk-angry. Just me, tea+biscuits and a loaded pistol. That's how you do it

Amazing last year everyone was slagging off Brown!
We wanted Watson (who is injured).

Honestly this just shows the shortsightedness of playing Brown all those years. We've entered a RWC with no idea who to play FB and wasted too much time on someone who was never going to make it.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUdge

That backline honestly made me audibly moan at my desk and sink my head into my hands. My boss thought I'd just lost a client or something.

Can you imagine Farrell and Tuilagi trying to defend that channel together? All over the place.

Jesus Christ, I think I'm going to watch the game at home, I daren't run the risk of running into any Irishmen, or other nationalities jumping on the anyone-but-England bandwagon, plus I don't want to be drunk-angry. Just me, tea+biscuits and a loaded pistol. That's how you do it
I have to say i feel that way all the time

Wonder if Slade will line up at 12 and Manu 13, despite numbers on their backs?

Must be. Only way it makes sense.

Tuilagi has been tried at 12 before - and it has been shown ample times he doesn't have the passing game - or awareness - for it.

He's not gonna get much change out of trying to run over Bundee Aki and I don't see him being able to bring those around him into play.

If he does manage to stop us getting the ball beyond our 12 channel - then its gonna be a game won from kicking at 9 and 10. Who fancies England winning that with Daly at fullback and Sexton/Murray dropping the bombs?

[Although one bright point for the red rose - Murray ain't in great form, was pretty brutal against the Chiefs.]

Must be. Only way it makes sense.

Tuilagi has been tried at 12 before - and it has been shown ample times he doesn't have the passing game - or awareness - for it.

He's not gonna get much change out of trying to run over Bundee Aki and I don't see him being able to bring those around him into play.

If he does manage to stop us getting the ball beyond our 12 channel - then its gonna be a game won from kicking at 9 and 10. Who fancies England winning that with Daly at fullback and Sexton/Murray dropping the bombs?

[Although one bright point for the red rose - Murray ain't in great form, was pretty brutal against the Chiefs.]
I see manu running straight and Farrell hits him flat or passing behind to nowel or may running behind

Latest posts