• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] England vs Italy (13/02/21)

Faz's first kick when there's a clear overlap...

UnimportantVelvetyAmberpenshell-small.gif
Faz's first kick you mean.

Interesting little stat about how important points differential against Italy is for your ***le ambitions:

In 21 completed 6N championships to date, two teams have been tied at the end of the year with a record of 4-1 on six occasions, and the ***le thus decided by overall points difference. On five of those six occasions, the team that put up the best points difference in their game against Italy won the ***le. The one exception was 2014, but even then it was mighty close, Ireland winning the ***le having put +39 on Italy with England finishing second having put +41 on them. Battering Italy has thus been the key to almost a third of all 6N ***les. :oops:

Slight caveat: in 2015 three teams finished tied at 4-1, the only time this has happened. On this occasion, the team that put the most points differential on Italy came third (Wales at +41), the second-most came second (England at +30) and the third-most took the ***le (Ireland +23). Hey, it's not an exact science, but if you want to give yourself a decent chance of winning that ***le, you damn well better hammer the Italians!

Last edited:
Not when Watson and May both go down injured and we end up with Ewels at fullback

Eddie would probably just leave him on the bench and have Farrell cover both wings and 12.

My final word before kick off.

This is a no win for Jones. Play poorly and the knives will be out. Win well and so what it was only Italy.

This is apparently our most experienced side ever and the most experienced team Ita have ever faced in the 6N.

Ita are crap.

We will win and it should be a big margin. But it's more how than how many.

Even at reduced throttle we can bludgeon them. But I want to see a more varied game plan attempted and executed. That's exactly what it says - varied, I don't mean just chucking it around for the sake of it. But our back 3 have got some serious attacking firepower, and if they can't be brought into the game today they never will.

There are no excuses.
Hell, I'd settle for us putting a winger into some space of our own making.

I honestly can't remember the last time that happened.

If it wasn't for the fact that England are the only 6 nations side to never have lost to Italy I wouldn't actually hugely object to a defeat just to force some real change.

in reality we should probably prepare for a boring as **** kick fest unconvincing victory with plenty of wasted opportunity and a post match interview containing something along the lines of returning to winning ways or some similar nonsense.

Listening to Eddie, I hate him soooo much. He's passed his best and can please **** off now.

Is it just me, or has Eddie dropped Lawrence in order to get everybody talking about Lawrence and therefore not talking so much about any of the other players? He's a clever devil.

Had to EJ put on mute talking about Lawrence....
I'm refusing to watch any pre-amble, just going to turn on at kickoff - was he saying anything interesting or just generic "he'll learn from this and come back stronger blah blah blah"?

I'm refusing to watch any pre-amble, just going to turn on at kickoff - was he saying anything interesting or just generic "he'll learn from this and come back stronger blah blah blah"?
Yup just complete utter tosh, TBF Bayfield was asking the right question like is he suppose to do if nobody gives him the ball.

You mean "it's a rugby match"?
I don't remember the last time I actually paid any attention to the prelim.s, for any sport*, at any level.

* excepting olympics, when often watching sports I'm unfamiliar with

Is it just me, or has Eddie dropped Lawrence in order to get everybody talking about Lawrence and therefore not talking so much about any of the other players? He's a clever devil.
Not strictly true is it, as they are mostly asking why it was Lawrence that was dropped as opposed to those that were visibly ****?

You mean "it's a rugby match"?
I don't remember the last time I actually paid any attention to the prelim.s, for any sport*, at any level.

* excepting olympics, when often watching sports I'm unfamiliar with
TBF I usually watch it in F1 and any other sport but that's mainly due to things like overnight mechanical problems and penalties also strategy for the race itself.

Latest posts