• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Wales vs England (27/02/21)

He did not say time off so you can go and talk with your players, The first thing you do is defend a penalty until told otherwise. The majority of England's players were under the post expecting Wales to go for three points, basic schoolboy error.
If referee is having words shouldn't that void the ability for the quick one?

I think we've been over this before with Wales and the answer is simple the ref should only allow a quick if its actually quick.

I can understand your frustration but at the end of the day England still weren't prepared for the quick penalty, should England be given special dispensation on how much time they are allowed to get into position to defend from a quick penalty. Wales today were the better side and that comes from many who have played at the top level. In the last quarter Wales looked far more likely to score points.
Of course they weren't prepared for the quick penalty, the ref had explicitly told Farrell he had time to talk to the players and then renegaded on that and suddenly blew time on with NO prior warning. As I said, I've only seen this once before and the resulting try appears in many videos for the most unjust tries ever scored. Usual protocol is when a team huddles during time off the ref will verbally tell them to end the huddle as he is going to blow time on again. He did NOT do that, yet all the time was talking to Biggar letting him know exactly when time would be on again. When the ref is telling one side something and not the other side, that is biased reffing. He never alerted Farrell that time was coming back on or any of the England side, he only alerted Wales and made sure he didn't shout it so England might hear it too, he spoke it quietly. That is not marginal, that is not salty, that is a ******* disgrace.

And yes, he DID call time off but never alerted England to when time was coming back on. The first England knew was when he blew the whistle and Biggar was already taking the kick (who the ref had informed time was coming back on).

He did not say time off so you can go and talk with your players, The first thing you do is defend a penalty until told otherwise. The majority of England's players were under the post expecting Wales to go for three points, basic schoolboy error.
This is... just wrong? The ref explicitly told Farrell to talk to his players. That's why they were all under the posts.

Wasn't even aware of that so yup complete nonsense.

1m31 if the timestamp didn't work

Like I said when they showed the replay at halftime: It's so much worse than it looked live

The referee tells Farrell to go talk to his side - walks towards England and specifically tells them that time is off - walks back to Biggar and blows his whistle for the crossfield

This is... just wrong? The ref explicitly told Farrell to talk to his players. That's why they were all under the posts.
Dude, and I'm only replying to you as this was the 'latest' in a long line of the same... rugby is (imho) probably the hardest game to referee in all of sports. And as a result, we have all been exposed to the pain of 'dodgy' results by the ref. I learned long ago (on here as it goes... by Engerish fans) that it is ALWAYS about the performance of the 23 and not about what the ref should or should not have done.

It sucks, I've been there many times... but right now for whatever reason the English do not even try and 'play' the ref! From my point of view that is suicidal as far as the current game stands.

Dude, and I'm only replying to you as this was the 'latest' in a long line of the same... rugby is (imho) probably the hardest game to referee in all of sports. And as a result, we have all been exposed to the pain of 'dodgy' results by the ref. I learned long ago (on here as it goes... by Engerish fans) that it is ALWAYS about the performance of the 23 and not about what the ref should or should not have done.

It sucks, I've been there many times... but right now for whatever reason the English do not even try and 'play' the ref! From my point of view that is suicidal as far as the game stands.
Wales absolutely deserved to win that game. They played better, their discipline was better, they 100% deserved the win at the end of the day. But that first try was an absolute farce and I really hope that World Rugby come out to condemn it as such. Wales would've comfortably won even without that try though.

Reminds me of when Care tapped and go'ed when Faletau and co turned his back a few years back a twickers.

Deal with it.

Crying shame.

Wales absolutely deserved to win that game. They played better, their discipline was better, they 100% deserved the win at the end of the day. But that first try was an absolute farce and I really hope that World Rugby come out to condemn it as such. Wales would've comfortably won even without that try though.
100000000% this,

It shouldn't be lost in the mire: Wales were the better side and deserved the win, that's without question
But that doesn't mean an absolutely shocking refereeing performance shouldn't be put on blast

Congrats to Wales today. Shocking performance from the ref, but until the last 10 minutes we were still in it. Life goes on.

Is it OK to hope that France absolutely tank both Scotland and Wales?

As for JPtheDee, it's well past your bedtime.
DONT FEED THE TROLL.

BrokenBlushingBellsnake-max-1mb.gif

No mate but I think you remember this from public school but I bet it wasn't a whisk you were getting rammed down you're throat.Am I right Horice.

Congrats to Wales today. Shocking performance from the ref, but until the last 10 minutes we were still in it. Life goes on.

Is it OK to hope that France absolutely tank both Scotland and Wales?

As for JPtheDee, it's well past your bedtime.
DONT FEED THE TROLL.
more than just one troll haha

I'm not even bothering, I'll await until tomorrow to comment on the game.

It sucks, I've been there many times... but right now for whatever reason the English do not even try and 'play' the ref! From my point of view that is suicidal as far as the current game stands.
Tell me, how do you "play" a ref who penalises even legal play?

Reminds me of when Care tapped and go'ed when Faletau and co turned his back a few years back a twickers.

Deal with it.

Crying shame.
Was time off called in that situation or was it merely a tap and go when someone had their back turned? Those 2 scenarios are not the same and you know it.

Latest posts