• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2022 Six Nations] Ireland vs Wales (05/02/22)

Don't know if it's been mentioned here but in the case of a winger getting injured the plan is probably Keenan to wing, JC fullback.

Keenan has become such an integral part of this team that the idea of him not at fullback isn't considered at all. Crazy rise that doesn't seem to get any less crazy the more I say it.

Wales Online just did their much vaunted head to head player ratings and Ireland come out ahead by 4. Wales must be in a poor place for WOL to rate Wales that low.

I don't want to give them clicks but at the same time I've gotsta know.

I imagine missing the auto 9s in the pack hurt their usual game.

Edit: looked at then there. Still plenty of the usual schtick.

Apparently Adams is as good a centre as Ringrose.

Last edited:
Lowry responding pretty well to not being picked…. 2 absolutely insane runs there in 60 seconds

Just think of the colour blind.
Considering WR are pushing the colour blind changes through in future anyway I don't see why every party involved with the 6N can't take the initiative and start early. Does it hurt anyone? Plus maybe we can start seeing some cool alternate international kit designs in the northern hemisphere to match the southern hemisphere. Money to be made as an added incentive.

Set piece will be key. Wales have been poor in the scrum, lineout and breakdown lately, whereas Ireland have been more than solid. If Wales can gain parity then we'll be in the game.

Problem is I don't see us doing so. We have an iffy scrummager in Lewis to come off the bench, and we have 2 poor throwing hookers in Elias and Lake. We're also missing one of the best attacking lineout jumpers in the game in Tipuric. When Pivac experimented by pulling Tips out of the lineout and into midfield our lineout fell to pieces, even with Owens at hooker, then it magically fixed itself in the 6 nations when Tips was our main target again. Not coincidence. Wales have relied on Tips for years to secure off the top lineout ball to attack with.

I think the Wales management need to change tact at the breakdown. They're trying to commit the least number of players, but sides are easily getting on top as a result, resulting in either slow ball or turnovers. It'll be interesting to see if they carry on as they were.

Set piece will be key. Wales have been poor in the scrum, lineout and breakdown lately, whereas Ireland have been more than solid. If Wales can gain parity then we'll be in the game.

Problem is I don't see us doing so. We have an iffy scrummager in Lewis to come off the bench, and we have 2 poor throwing hookers in Elias and Lake. We're also missing one of the best attacking lineout jumpers in the game in Tipuric. When Pivac experimented by pulling Tips out of the lineout and into midfield our lineout fell to pieces, even with Owens at hooker, then it magically fixed itself in the 6 nations when Tips was our main target again. Not coincidence. Wales have relied on Tips for years to secure off the top lineout ball to attack with.

I think the Wales management need to change tact at the breakdown. They're trying to commit the least number of players, but sides are easily getting on top as a result, resulting in either slow ball or turnovers. It'll be interesting to see if they carry on as they were

I think the starting front 5 will be ok in the scrum and I just hope they've done a lot of line out work. As you say the bench cover for the front 5 is lacking power or quality, particularly at set piece.

Back row I'm slightly less worried about as a fit Wainright, Basham and Jenkins should be able to compete at the breakdown, albeit against an inform Irish back row.

Centres worry me massively in terms of cohesion as Tompkins has never been a decent distributor and Adams is a class finisher, but again, not sure about the distribution skills. Cover in terms of Watkin is awful as well as he's just not up to this level.

Woke up this morning and ate a daffodil as a statement of intent.
download (9).jpeg

Me, after eating Tom Jones.

Latest posts