• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup P4: Ulster vs Castres Olympique - 12/10/12

What in the name of Christ were castres doing there? Gifting a bonus point.

Ulster should be concerned about the falldown. They were cruising up until 50 minutes then reverted to schoolboy rugby.

Also, @BG8, that is why Best is not good enough.

Yeah Best had a **** game - but I've never seen him make this many mistakes so you couldn't have based your argument on any recent previous performances with Ulster

Last edited:
yea generally best is sheer class, normally is handling is solid (well for at least the last year) i have no doubt he would be a solid lion

What in the name of Christ were castres doing there? Gifting a bonus point.

Ulster should be concerned about the falldown. They were cruising up until 50 minutes then reverted to schoolboy rugby.

Also, @BG8, that is why Best is not good enough.

Definitely a bad game from him but one game doesn't make him not good enough. Still haven't told me your pick.

Have to say Stevenson was really impressive when he came on loads of aggression.

Says the boy who's been carping on about players form last season for tour spots.

Surely this was Best's first game this season as he was injured in the SH tour? Or am I talking through my a...?

Marshall and Bowe impressed! Not knowing much about Ulster, is that there first choice all players fit team?

Ferris, Nick Williams and Rodger Wilson were missing from the pack. Other than that it was their first choice team. They have very good backs and Jared Payne is another *new player this season who looks a class player.

* Payne has been in Ulster for over a year but he was injured all last season

Marshall and Bowe impressed! Not knowing much about Ulster, is that there first choice all players fit team?

About 80pc there. Pienaar would start ahead of Marshall normally, while Ferris and one of Williams/Wilson/diack would have started if fit. Another would probably have been on the bench, as would fitzpatrick and paddy mac if fit. So too spence, but I'm not sure whether to count him.

Tony, believe that was his second game.

Why do you harp on that Strauss has to get Ireland caps?

When it suits.

Was reading something today when i saw Paddy Jackson scored 21 points for ulster didn't seem much at the time but thats a hell lot of points there he alone scored more than double what Leicester did. High praises for Luke McCalister at the weekend and I haven't heard much about Jackson who scored more than him

Was reading something today when i saw Paddy Jackson scored 21 points for ulster didn't seem much at the time but thats a hell lot of points there he alone scored more than double what Leicester did. High praises for Luke McCalister at the weekend and I haven't heard much about Jackson who scored more than him

He's slipped under the radar that's for sure - and it wasn't just the points total imo, very complete performance. Dunno about you, but he's maturing even faster than I was hoping for - which is excellent!

He's slipped under the radar that's for sure - and it wasn't just the points total imo, very complete performance. Dunno about you, but he's maturing even faster than I was hoping for - which is excellent!
Aye, I say if kidney opens his eyes wide enough to see the top of Ireland he will be a great prospect for Ireland and Ulster next David Humps if you ask me :D

Latest posts