• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2016 EOYT] England vs. Argentina (26/11/2016)

I can never understand why teams when they get a penalty, they choose a scrum. It's ridiculous. I know there's chance for a try, but you are cancelling out a penalty for a scrum. Ridiculous. Take the points.

Like any decision, it's a roll of the dice. Looks like it was a good gamble.

Going to be so stupid if we lose this game due to **** disicipline after specifying that was what we were going to target. Stop ****ing infringing!

Youngs had a tough ask there but he should have done better. Let his man go just as the tackle was almost complete.

Hoy many penalties do you have to get before a penalty try is awarded ffs

I can never understand why teams when they get a penalty, they choose a scrum. It's ridiculous. I know there's chance for a try, but you are cancelling out a penalty for a scrum. Ridiculous. Take the points.

We pick scrum because we suck at everything else (and it's not like we are amazing at it lately). If we go for the touch or just play it, ends in knock on 95% sure. Also England was down 2, you have to go for the try.

Last edited:
16-7 with one less. Full squad Eng would destroy us.

ps. Estelles very good. hernadez very bad.

Youngs had a tough ask there but he should have done better. Let his man go just as the tackle was almost complete.

Agreed.

Saying that, after Youngs slowed the man down Harrison should have done a lot better. I don't think I've ever had as little confidence in an England back row player as I do in TH.

Oh my God I hate scrums

Scrums are great but not like that. That was a classic example of just using the scrum as a penalty / yellow machine rather than any intent to use possession. See the dedicated thread.

We were struggling in the scrums even with 8. I said after last week that our front row looked like they'd lost weight again and were underpowered. We've also got a lightish 2nd row. You do need some real power in your front 5.

Latest posts