• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC 2023 Final] New Zealand v South Africa 28/10/23 20:00 BST

That's a red but think they'll keep it a yellow

My comms just said SA haven't been tested this World Cup even against Ireland....sho they lost against. Last week they only won by 1 point in the dying minuites against one the poorest England sides in living memory.
Who nonetheless - against anyone's expectations - got further than any other NH side in this World Cup.

Not much mitigation there.
Some arguement for attempting the tackle and wrap but hard to see where mitigation is...
he did wrap, but he wasn't bent at the hips, so not a legal tackle.

If I was coaching a team playing SA tomorrow id be telling my players not to try and fight to place the ball back so much, then when the ball gets trapped repeatedly the ref would have to ping it, the long delays and affecting the turn off really is illegal but yeah seems to be ignored constantly.

I think yellow is the correct outcome but does worry me that they might consider an upgrade based on the current paper rules.

Personally I think we have to factor more in for ball carrier ducking down and also you can see Sam Cane is attempting a wrap but because he's upright his shoulder hits first.

It's very different to say a SBW shoulder charge lined up from miles away against the Lions in 2017 for example.

I don't think it's deliberate or rash and therefore yellow card for me.

Latest posts