• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool B] Round 1 - New Zealand vs. South Africa (21/09/2019)

Typical Saffas... sitting an analyzing, looking any malicious or suspicious activity in all the game they lose to ***** and complain about...

If they win a game (regardless of any incidents) its dead quiet... not a single word or complaint...

I think I need to start doing the same, look for **** the bokke catch on in a game... don't think there are many of those around maybe cuz no-one gives a ****...

Just had a look on here at the last few pages. Plenty of bleating as usual. This over analysing of games and calls for cards drives me nuts. Why would you want to ruin a game of rugby with a red card for that? Are you people traffic cops in real life?
For mine it was a cracker of a game, worthy of the extended build up. It was high class. Could have gone either way, with that poor pass to the little SA winger the pivotal moment. He is absolutely dynamite, that little fellow. Reminds me of Grant Batty from back in the day. A good pass and he scores, without a doubt. Then Boks have tails up and go on to.......doesn't bear thinking about.

https://twitter.com/Arnie_DRE/status/1175478431175385090?s=20

Yeah, that's a red for me.

And even if you could find a way to twist the laws to make it a yellow or less why give him the benefit of the doubt? I have some sympathy for tacklers getting it wrong in a split second collision and getting carded for contact with the head but he's playing the man off the ball and grabbing him by the neck/ head. What an idiot.

As for the state of the forum I also find it bit uninviting as a kiwi sometimes. You can guarantee every All Blacks thread will contain complaining about the haka and about referee bias for NZ. Then lots of shitty comments about how New Zealanders always complain about refs, we are disrespectful towards kickers and very precious about other people disrespecting the haka. Oh yeah, and we are cheats. Also in this thread someone said we would be in to gloat later after we win so I guess that's a thing too.

It doesn't really bother me because whatever it's the internet but since someone brought it up I thought I'd share my 2 cents.
Off to the silver fern with ye

For what its worth i thought the All Blacks were better than us and they deserved the win, it was not really close it was with 10 points and there is not much else to say about that. It hurts and i think 70% of rugby watching South Africa had their days ruined. It was sombre, almost like an International icon had died. Atleast in my part of South Africa, cant speak for everyone.

But the next day the hope returned and im thinking of how we are going to keep growing learn frmo our mistakes and realize that this team is still class they just had their first bad game of the year. I am taking the optimist route that we now have an easier path to the final in missing England despite me swearing to people before the game that avoiding Ireland was the easier route.

Memes helps some of us deal with the loss, its not sour grapes its just a way to proccess things and laugh the game off. I for one say Kudos All Blacks you got us here (again) but we will get you in the final.

So in honour of that and maybe @smartcooky here are the funniest memes i have seen over the weekend
garces3.jpg

As an SA supporter I think we need to keep calm, and hope to win what games we now can, a QF exit after Ireland is now very likely. I also hope that there are no more shocking upsets in the remaining pool games.

The Boks make too many basic errors and give away far too many penalties to be considered SF contenders.

As an SA supporter I think we need to keep calm, and hope to win what games we now can, a QF exit after Ireland is now very likely. I also hope that there are no more shocking upsets in the remaining pool games.

The Boks make too many basic errors and give away far too many penalties to be considered SF contenders.
1. "We need to keep calm"

2. "a QF exit after Ireland is now very likely"

Please refer to clause 1

1. "We need to keep calm"

2. "a QF exit after Ireland is now very likely"

Please refer to clause 1

Yes, keep calm and win the remaining pool matches. Ireland are far more clinical and disciplined than the Boks, and will do us.

For what its worth i thought the All Blacks were better than us and they deserved the win, it was not really close it was with 10 points and there is not much else to say about that. It hurts and i think 70% of rugby watching South Africa had their days ruined. It was sombre, almost like an International icon had died. Atleast in my part of South Africa, cant speak for everyone.

But the next day the hope returned and im thinking of how we are going to keep growing learn frmo our mistakes and realize that this team is still class they just had their first bad game of the year. I am taking the optimist route that we now have an easier path to the final in missing England despite me swearing to people before the game that avoiding Ireland was the easier route.

Memes helps some of us deal with the loss, its not sour grapes its just a way to proccess things and laugh the game off. I for one say Kudos All Blacks you got us here (again) but we will get you in the final.

I think there is very little to be taken from the game as I am left with the impression that no one was showing everything.
It was a game that neither wanted to lose but they were only ever going to put in the bare minimum to win, there are no more challenges in the pool matches for either team so to show all their cards this early would only benefit their competition once they left the pool phase.

Either, and Gardner (why would he not be considered if Australia are not the opponent)?

I am thinking that a World Cup final between two southern hemisphere sides, they are more likely to choose a northern hemisphere ref to ref the final.

IMO the ref got a lot wrong... Mapimpi should of been yellow carded, Read should have been carded/cited for his off the ball clothesline on PSDT. The scrums i felt he just gave NZ the penalties even though they were the ones with hands on the floor or collapsing, he was also always on the wrong side of the scrum. The ruck was very inconsistent as well..

I do think SA would of lost regardless, we had too many players having shockers; Faf, Le Roux, Pollard, Am and Mapimpi..

The game seemed like neither team wanted to put in any extra effort.

Typical Saffas... sitting an analyzing, looking any malicious or suspicious activity in all the game they lose to ***** and complain about...
Is english your second language or something? The overwhelming mayority of the complaining here comes from non- south africans.

This over analysing of games and calls for cards drives me nuts. Why would you want to ruin a game of rugby with a red card for that? Are you people traffic cops in real life?
Is this guy serious?

I'm not sure about the Mapimpi incident, I thought he got to his feet and let go of the attacker legitimately, my feeling is that NZ knocked the ball and that he didn't touch it. Other than that Mapimpi was poor especially on defence as was Am and Franco Mostert, uncharacteristically. Backline for the Italy game 9 Jantjies, 10 Pollard, 11 Nkosi 12 Steyn, 13 Kriel, 14 Kolbe, 15 Gelant.

https://twitter.com/Arnie_DRE/status/1175478431175385090?s=20

Yeah, that's a red for me.

And even if you could find a way to twist the laws to make it a yellow or less why give him the benefit of the doubt? I have some sympathy for tacklers getting it wrong in a split second collision and getting carded for contact with the head but he's playing the man off the ball and grabbing him by the neck/ head. What an idiot.

As for the state of the forum I also find it bit uninviting as a kiwi sometimes. You can guarantee every All Blacks thread will contain complaining about the haka and about referee bias for NZ. Then lots of shitty comments about how New Zealanders always complain about refs, we are disrespectful towards kickers and very precious about other people disrespecting the haka. Oh yeah, and we are cheats. Also in this thread someone said we would be in to gloat later after we win so I guess that's a thing too.

It doesn't really bother me because whatever it's the internet but since someone brought it up I thought I'd share my 2 cents.

Dang... in fairness I think it's meant (at least initially) as banter but I can see what you mean about the forum not feeling very welcoming sometimes as things can quickly spiral.

All I'd say to any NZ posters (or potential ones who lurk here from time to time) is this is a richer place for your contributions (well, for the most part anyway ;)).

This, but the "haters of anyone wearing black jersey" on this site will always paint them as the demons - their opposition (whoever they might be) are always the angels. Someone commented earlier that there weren't any Kiwi postersin this thread - its not hard to understand why. This used to be a great forum, but it has slowly degenerated into an echo-chamber for NH haters, who seem hell-bent on picking their villain. How that Richie has retired, they have latched on to Read. Its become another Planet Rugby

Well I'm done with it. This will be my last post here until at least after the World Cup. I have joined another forum, one where you get reasoned debate, not a bunch of haters venting their spleen because the enemy won (again) as they look for any excuse to claim they should not have.

Good luck!

Wow, talk about throwing your toys out of your pram. What happened to following what you said in your signature? You can't talk for every Kiwi poster who has suddenly decided to not to post; I posted I was surprised there were few as it was only 10.30pm NZ time during the biggest World Cup game in the pool stages. And it was legitimate criticism of Read getting away with clothes lining PSTD in line with WR directives pre World Cup, but more importantly the application of the rules; especially from the captain of the ABs.

I love how everyone who criticises the all blacks is just a blind hater.

I don't hate the all blacks, never have.

Don't like seeing off the ball high shots, especially by players who go on to insult the referee after the game.

For me it's a yellow, but by the framework laid out by world rugby it's a red.
They can't claim to be interested in the safety of players while letting things like this slide.
I don't think you are right about that framework. There definitely was not a high degree of danger. By that framework it would be a yellow, and by the has always been a rule framework du toit would have been yellowed too for the Hollywood.

Calling that highly dangerous is a bit rediculous. I mean it's subjective but it's nothing more than you'd see in a mild scrap. It's like when Coles threw Phipps, oh it was beautiful, and people were like "he fully should have been banned for life there, he like totally judo threw him". Yeah, judo, that popular sport around the world that mothers don't hesitate to get their children involved in, that sport where serious injuries pretty much never happen.

It would really send the wrong message if World rugby decided to cite read for this; it just isn't the type of danger they are trying to avoid. Psdt was not going to get paralysed for life from that....I mean maybe from the force at which he flung himself to the ground.

. I'm pretty confident it won't be cited, for that reason. but For the sake of people's safety we all have to hope im right.