• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool D] Round 4 -Wales vs. Fiji (09/10/2019)

James Davies is there as he can match the pace that the Fijians play at as well as slowing down the the ball to lessen the threat of their backs.

Really looking forward to this. I suspect that Wales will deploy their suffocation tactics here at least for 60 in an attempt to get the Fijians heads down. The Fijians will come hard early and have the offloads to mess up any defensive structure. They may not win but if I were a Welsh winger I wouldn't be looking forward to what Fiji are going to chuck my way.

What as opposed to playing to lose Olyy? If England were playing Fiji I'd expect 60 minutes of scrums, lineouts and mauls before doing anything expansive. No points for entertainment in this game. Bonus points are largely an irrelevance here are they not?

YAWN

Scrap all set pieces, kicks at goal (penalties and conversions) are worth 0pts, 8 tries needed for a BP.
Let's have some fun.
But only when Wales play right ;) (rhetorical, no need to answer).

What as opposed to playing to lose Olyy? If England were playing Fiji I'd expect 60 minutes of scrums, lineouts and mauls before doing anything expansive. No points for entertainment in this game. Bonus points are largely an irrelevance here are they not?
Well yeah, but I'm neither Welsh nor Fijian - I'm watching the game to be entertained.

Just here for all the grumbles about Fiji getting to do their Cibi o_O

YAWN

Scrap all set pieces, kicks at goal (penalties and conversions) are worth 0pts, 8 tries needed for a BP.
Let's have some fun.
Hmmmm. We could have a game with seven players, and have seven minute halves, and the scores will often be multiples of seven.

We can call it "Rugby that never slows down".

Well yeah, but I'm neither Welsh nor Fijian - I'm watching the game to be entertained.
Oh, I'd imagine your Fijian today... and what ever other nationality that comes up against Wales on that particular day in the future.

Are SH teams allowed to pass it forwards now? I mean I know the All Blacks are allowed to but have Fiji got the nod too?

Latest posts