• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Quarter-Final 3] Wales vs. France (20/10/2019)

The entire team deserved to lose today - poor kicking, awful scrumming, gifting us another win.

Not just one player, but another 14 of them did for France.

Sorry but if one of your players does an elbow like that, you deserve **** all. Wales won because they didnt do that ****.

I actually feel a bit sick aftert that game. For the development of the game, it is important that Wales as they currently are do not prevail.
Don't be silly. Professional sport is about winning and nothing else.

If World Rugby don't like the way that Wales or any other side plays then they have it in their power to change laws or enforce currently ignored laws.

The fact no one gave a **** about who won today is lost on many. The manner the game was decided makes for some unusual rhetoric. Like anyone really really cares.....

Today it was pure luck
You make your own luck
Well this is just ****...**** game neither team deserved to win. Wales stil
Well this is just ****...**** game neither team deserved to win. Wales still winning completely unconvincingly.
Who cares ? This is knockout rugby with a semi final place at stake and we've been the wrong side of games like that in the past so it's due.
l winning completely unconvincingly.[/QUOT

Poetic justice I suppose. But Wales were terrible. They can't score tries. They are not even close to capable of beating NZ in a WC final on this tournaments form.
sure Wales were woeful today played the occasion too much
We won't have to play NZ, England are already in the final and we've beaten them twice this year (one for a grandslam) but I guess it's just luck..

JD was a big loss and Navidi going off had an impact. Wrong choice bringing Watkin as by now Scott Williams would be at 12 with their form.

I thought the turning point was Ntamack going off. Yes he missed some kicks but they looked so dangerous in open play with him back there. Lopez has none of the go forward threat.

There were a few dodgy decisions today. Didnt think the ref had a great game. Calling back the knock of from Williams that wasnt when they broke from the kick early in the 2nd half and the penalty to France saying Tips came in from the side on a maul. The maul split and turned and he drove through he didnt release and come in again.

The rip was good imo. Spun a yard forward after the rip went backwards.

No excuse for that French assault though. Better team but cant support that level of violence.

Disagree. France dont just have themselves to blame, they have Peyper to blame here.
He saw the play, he knew what to look for and missed what is obvious to the overwhelming majority in a game-deciding call, in a world cup QF.
Diddums are you crying about a ref which you had majority of calls and 50/50s , France always self implode.. ;)

Don't be silly. Professional sport is about winning and nothing else.

If World Rugby don't like the way that Wales or any other side plays then they have it in their power to change laws or enforce currently ignored laws.

yeah... Pretty much what happened after the Wales v Eng WC warmup after North's try.
Us wily Welsh scoring tries in that manner against England. How dare us.
Right... change the rules so it can't happen again

You're literally the only person I've seen say England will beat NZ.

Living absolutely rent free in your head rn

Think he's hoping we win there's a chance England beat NZ, based on today no Chance Wales do, Wales know they can beat England.

Happy Wales have gone through but man, that call has really taken the shine off. Could have scored any way but don't like the game being decided like that. Without that red France are probably winning though as they were the better team so can look there, I guess.

Unlucky France, well played.
Without the red in 2011 we would of won that game and played NZ in the final , it's all what it's , rugby is full of what it's get over it

Who cares it's knockout rugby and a semi final place

Oh I get that, but simple fact is Wales got lucky and the way they played you definitely cannot say the better team won. Sometimes you need luck to win. Dunno why that is so hard to accept.

Privac will save Wales rugby after Gatland's gone. But The BIL have still got to endure Gatland ball in 2021.:rolleyes:

You think so?

Gatland's tenure has seen an unprecedented period of success for Wales.

I suspect Wales are going to miss him a lot more than they realise and I'm far from convinced that Pivac is the answer.

Oh I get that, but simple fact is Wales got lucky and the way they played you definitely cannot say the better team won. Sometimes you need luck to win. Dunno why that is so hard to accept.

Come on now, this could be stated for any nation...

You think so?

Gatland's tenure has seen an unprecedented period of success for Wales.

I suspect Wales are going to miss him a lot more than they realise and I'm far from convinced that Pivac is the answer.

It was a tongue in cheek comment:p. Gatland has done the best he can with what is available to him in Wales. But the quality of his rugby is a lot to be desired. That is what I was getting at. Of course test match rugby is about winning at the end of the day and the countless slams, and getting Wales to 2 semis (maybe further in this one) of a RWC; a lions test winning series, plus drawn one v ABs are nothing to be sniffed at.

Latest posts