• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Quarter-Final 3] Wales vs. France (20/10/2019)

You think so?

Gatland's tenure has seen an unprecedented period of success for Wales.

I suspect Wales are going to miss him a lot more than they realise and I'm far from convinced that Pivac is the answer.
Oh, we realise it... i for one would be very surprised if Pivac equalled Warrens success! Pretty sure most Welshmen on here would agree with that.

Diddums are you crying about a ref which you had majority of calls and 50/50s , France always self implode.. ;)
Says the kid who claimed revenge for 2011 15 min ago.
I guess congruence ain't a top priority for you.

Man, Wales play **** and win, people point this out 'who cares we won'. And if I were a Welsh fan I'd be totally on that level. But I'm not a Welsh fan and we can rightly tell you you played ****. No need to get funny about it, if England played that way I'd just happy we won and got away with it. And pray we played vastly better in latter stages.

Come on now, this could be stated for any nation...

I agree, but you can't begrudge people not liking the way it went. People are free to have an opinion and in my opinion Wales didn't deserve to win. However, they have won and are in the semis, so in the end I guess that's all that matters. Said before they've made a habit of winning when they shouldn't, especially on the way the the GS this year. I can't see that tactic winning them the WC though.

Man, Wales play **** and win, people point this out 'who cares we won'. And if I were a Welsh fan I'd be totally on that level. But I'm not a Welsh fan and we can rightly tell you you played ****. No need to get funny about it, if England played that way I'd just happy we won and got away with it. And pray we played vastly better in latter stages.
Lol, we know! You're just repeating what our consciousness is saying on repeat right now... you lot are just causing a horrible 'feedback' on the reception. ;)

Man, Wales play **** and win, people point this out 'who cares we won'. And if I were a Welsh fan I'd be totally on that level. But I'm not a Welsh fan and we can rightly tell you you played ****. No need to get funny about it, when England played that way I was happy we won and got away with it. And pray we played vastly better in latter stages.

Corrected for you ;) :D

Have a word with yourself most calls went the French way today pal , the ball spinned backwards off Williams hands of was a fair rip
I've had a word with myself pal and it turns out I think you're full of it. If by some miracle you end up facing the ABs in the final...I suggest that you watch it from behind the sofa. ;)

It was a tongue in cheek comment:p. Gatland has done the best he can with what is available to him in Wales. But the quality of his rugby is a lot to be desired. That is what I was getting at. Of course test match rugby is about winning at the end of the day and the countless slams, and getting Wales to 2 semis (maybe further in this one) of a RWC; a lions test winning series, plus drawn one v ABs are nothing to be sniffed at.

Gotcha, never entirely sure about such things.

I'm not bothered by luck. Ntamack being injured was a big deal (although ultimately his poor kicking from tee was decisive), but then Wales lost JD2 before kick-off which is just as big a deal and impacted on the full 80mins. Again France turned up at the start of a match and newsflash, they are actually bloody good under Brunel when they put their mind to it. The match had entertainment in the first half and tension in the second. Really enjoyed it.

Watkin is handy 12, but at 13 didn't gel with Parkes, maybe with a weeks preparation it'll be better. But tries are required to win matches at the pointy end of this tournament and Wales will have less chance of that with Biggar. Their two tries here had nothing to do with attacking play from Wales. They created close to zero from their own ball, and that hasn't been unusual over the years with Biggar.

The mathematical chances of Wales winning three consecutive bum-squeakers with Biggar running the show are pretty miniscule in my opinion. But Gatland has clearly picked his horse.

I've had a word with myself pal and it turns out I think you're full of it. If by some miracle you end up facing the ABs in the final...I suggest that you watch it from behind the sofa. ;)
Like I said we won't have to because England are already in the final and we've done you twice this year so no sofa needed good boy.

yeah... Pretty much what happened after the Wales v Eng WC warmup after North's try.
Us wily Welsh scoring tries in that manner against England. How dare us.
Right... change the rules so it can't happen again

And the neutering of the rolling maul that disadvantaged England, removing big hits from scrum engagements, etc.

Like I said we won't have to because England are already in the final and we've done you twice this year so no sofa needed good boy.
giphy.gif

Latest posts