• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Semi-Final 2] Wales vs. South Africa (27/10/2019)

Ah, but is it winning rugby?;)

I don't know yet. But Faf and Willie are still the 2 main culprits in how dire we have been. Not one kick regathered. Not one backline move involved. Honestly it's negative rugby and it's not good for the game.

Sure it's conservative and might win games but really this isn't what Rugby is. It's trash.

The game plan for both sides is to bore the opposition so much they fall asleep.

Why is Davies taking an age to get to those two last rucks?

Damn, Wales couldn't really afford any injuries and that's two starters gone in a few minutes

I don't know yet. But Faf and Willie are still the 2 main culprits in how dire we have been. Not one kick regathered. Not one backline move involved. Honestly it's negative rugby and it's not good for the game.

Sure it's conservative and might win games but really this isn't what Rugby is. It's trash.

If either of these sides win the WC, all teams will want to imitate that winning style of rugby. :eek:

Mountains like the RWC are climbed with performances like this.
Except in 2003, where we know that every try was the end of passing nirvana & the try itself was like watching a low on fuel World War Two Bomber coming in to land. Pure poetry.

Neither team is playing for tries, their only ambition is to go for penalties. SA look much more physical than Wales so you would expect them to win more penalties and thus the game. But who knows, eh?

Mountains like the RWC are climbed with performances like this.
Except in 2003, where we know that every try was the end of passing nirvana & the try itself was like watching a low on fuel World War Two Bomber coming in to land. Pure poetry.
Love this.

injuries are a huge issue for Wales seem to be happening to key player who can't easily be replaced, if JD struggles which he hasn't so far think Wales are in real trouble.

This isn't great really. If either team at least try to play and maybe employ an offload game... it just might work.

Other than that, it's shite

I think the key difference between today and yesterday is that both sides are looking to win by making the opposition make mistakes rather than doing something with the ball themselves. This has always been Wales' modus operandi under Gatland, so we shouldn't be surprised, but I'm surprised that SA haven't used their backs a bit more to vary things up, there's some real quality there.

Latest posts