• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][The Final] England vs. South Africa (02/11/2019)

My prediction is Boks by 4 points.

I don't see England being able to live with the Bok set piece, especially in the second half.

My prediction is that England are better than SA in every aspect. The only way England can lose this is if the grunts screw it up. England comfortably for me by 10 points or more.

My prediction is Boks by 4 points.

I don't see England being able to live with the Bok set piece, especially in the second half.

My prediction is that England are better than SA in every aspect. The only way England can lose this is if the grunts screw it up. England comfortably for me by 10 points or more.
There's always a chance, it's a final, SA need to play to their strength and defend as hard as possible.

As will England.. That goes without saying in any rugby match does it not. Duh. SA only have muscle and I don't think the England pack will be bullied like Wales.

As will England.. That goes without saying in any rugby match does it not. Duh. SA only have muscle and I don't think the England pack will be bullied like Wales.

I'm speaking from experience after sitting on the edge of my couch vs France vs All Blacks 2011.

You can rarely predict a one of game!

I'm sure the ABs' were saying the same in 95 and the French in 99....

Personally, I'm far more nervous about SA than I was about NZ. SA do a great job at nullifying our go forward and quick ball and we've really struggled to click in our last few games against them. Gonna be a scrappy old game tomorrow.

I'm sure the ABs' were saying the same in 95 and the French in 99....

Personally, I'm far more nervous about SA than I was about NZ. SA do a great job at nullifying our go forward and quick ball and we've really struggled to click in our last few games against them. Gonna be a scrappy old game tomorrow.

Mate, most people were saying this last week!

Everything certainly points in England's favour, so might very well be right.
  • England haven't lost a match in the RWC yet
  • Look to be very much in-form
  • Eddie has been in the head coach position longer than Rassie. Hell, this is Rassie's first international head coach gig
  • Former All Blacks coach in an assistant role
I see our set piece, which I rate highly, as the key to victory. These teams haven't played against each other for a year so it's anybody's bet how the clash in styles will go.

The country desperately needs a World Cup for a bit of unity with all the chaos that the country is enduring on a daily basis. Besides, England already have 1 World Cup this year.

I would love to be wrong, but I do not see us taking this. I think the forwards will match the packs, and the game will be won between 9-10-12-13, with SA 14 and Eng 11 each scoring a try to cancel each other out. If our 9-10 were free to play their own game, we would win. They need to have the go-ahead from Rassie to change the game plan if the kicking backfires. Start running at the Eng backs, if you kick do it tactically, not up in the air.

I would be ok if we make Eng WORK for a win. Hope we don't look like idiots. Hope I look like an idiot for thinking Eng will win.

Man, those 2 vids gave me hoendervleis!! Loved the first one a bit more though, and I enjoyed the little bit of Xhosa commentary in there too. Those Xhosa commentators expressions when we score a try is just magical.

But man, why did you post these today, now everyone will see that we don't just kick.

Everything is in England's favour to win this game:
1. History. No team has ever lost a game in the WC and gone on to win. And the last time we went in favourites to a WC we won.
2. Our form throughout the tournament has been better and we have looked stronger.
3. We have more attacking options (not to say that SA aren't a potent threat) and one of the best defences going.
4. Over all I think we have the better coaching team and support staff (again not to take anything away from SA on that front, but for me we are marginally ahead)

and yet I don't think you could call it. Not really. Because both these teams can play. Both have moments of brilliance in them that can change a match. Both will play their hearts out and both a capable of doing that for 80 mins.

History, stats, banter, media trickery, none of it will mean a thing when that whistle blows. It's down to those 23 lads finding a way to be just that little be better than the other 23. Hope it's ours of course.

Going to be a cracker.

Everything is in England's favour to win this game:

Yes this is true.

1. History. No team has ever lost a game in the WC and gone on to win. And the last time we went in favourites to a WC we won.

Last time we were underdogs as much as now, we won (1995). Plus we've never lost a final before.
2. Our form throughout the tournament has been better and we have looked stronger.

True, although our players form are improving as we went on.
3. We have more attacking options (not to say that SA aren't a potent threat) and one of the best defences going.

Same can be said about South Africa. We are the 2 best defensive sides in the tournament.
4. Over all I think we have the better coaching team and support staff (again not to take anything away from SA on that front, but for me we are marginally ahead)

Horses for courses. There's just something different when your own countrymen are coaching you.
and yet I don't think you could call it. Not really. Because both these teams can play. Both have moments of brilliance in them that can change a match. Both will play their hearts out and both a capable of doing that for 80 mins.

History, stats, banter, media trickery, none of it will mean a thing when that whistle blows. It's down to those 23 lads finding a way to be just that little be better than the other 23. Hope it's ours of course.

Going to be a cracker.

Agreed. Gonna be massive!

I'm in my Springbok jersey at work already.

The country desperately needs a World Cup for a bit of unity with all the chaos that the country is enduring on a daily basis. Besides, England already have 1 World Cup this year.
When I first read this I assumed you were English talking about Brexit.

I'm starting to get a reeeeeal funny feeling we are going to sneak this...

Please it lock it securely away somewhere in case it's contagious.

It wearing my England jersey quite yet. It as I'm in SA thought that's probably wise. But come tomorrow I shall be a walking monument to all that is English. Just hope I can find at least one other Englishman, or at least a neutral who's willing to pretend

It wearing my England jersey quite yet. It as I'm in SA thought that's probably wise. But come tomorrow I shall be a walking monument to all that is English. Just hope I can find at least one other Englishman, or at least a neutral who's willing to pretend

if you hear this: "Mannetjie, jy gaan hard gebliksem word." RUN!!!

Good luck with that