• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 QF2] Ireland vs New Zealand (14/10/2023)

What a game.
Worthy of the final.
Commiserations Ireland. Well Done NZ.

Well played both sides. Fantastic game of rugby. Showed a completely different level compared to pools C and D. NZ well deserved winners. Their improvement in defence was huge and Ireland made errors they haven't before when under pressure.
Crazy the difference between both matches today.
80 minutes of pure excitement, didnt realise how far into the match I was.

Sorry Ireland that was a cracking game, your boys in general deserve more, ABs were relentless today and marginally probably deserved winners.

I'm very disappointed for Ireland. They deserved more than this exit

It's so incredibly hard to win a world cup.

Maybe too soon, but hold our beer until tomorrow lads, we'll be joining you in a nh conga line back to the isles.

Should be tough. It's a rare case when I like both teams.
I want Ireland to win, but my intuition slightly hints that the winner will be NZ.
And now I understand why my intuition slightly hinted on the NZ win...that was really tough until the last second

Even as an Englishman here, hard not to be sickened that an Ireland team that good has to leave us at the QF stage.

Huge well done to NZ of course who also showed some real bottle and class too.

Great game.

We go from a potential all NH SF lineup to a potential all SH one in the space of 4 hours!

What did I tell you, the logic was respected because historically Ireland has never qualified for the semi-final of a World Cup. There's going to be a beer shortage in Dublin and tomorrow morning it's going to be a hangover.
Wayne MC O'Riley Barnes did everything in this second half to make Ireland win but the opponent was not South Africa. Come back home, there's too much green in Paris.

@big ginger 8
@Whore of Shame

Long live the Irish forum company, drink a drink guys you need it tonight.. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
IMG-20231014-210307.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty classy by Mehrtens:

"I don't know what to say. I've tried to convince myself all week that there is no shame in losing and I'd love to see Ireland, the world's number one team, go through if New Zealand couldn't. I'll tell you what, I don't think my heart has been going that quickly and that strongly since goodness knows when and probably when I was playing.

I am gutted for Ireland and clearly proud of New Zealand."