• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 SF2] England vs South Africa (21/10/2023)

Sorry for being 1 off top of league i with 9 points taken from a possible 10.

Bristol had a strong scrum again today after manshaming the Leicester pack last week.

šŸ¤·
And how much of a role have Genge and Sinckler played in that? Last year (ie. when they were actually playing) you got battered.

Sorry for being 1 off top of league i with 9 points taken from a possible 10.

Bristol had a strong scrum again today after manshaming the Leicester pack last week.

šŸ¤·

I must have imagined Cole getting ragdolled in the scrum minutes before he came off (not to mention 2019 WC final), also keeping an underperforming George on for so long is not beneficial to scrum dominance. Then again I guess that's what happens when you select so many players from the two clubs who currently sit at the bottom of the table (Leicester and Saracens) with 1 and 0 points, respectively.

Fair play South Africa, sure know how to close out games. Best of luck in final.

you know two games at start of season win you nothing right?

Let's see where Bristol are end of season.

This time last year Bristol was 10 points from 10 how did that finish m

It would have been a travesty had the team that scored the only try lost. Well done SA, you won it rather than the poms losing it which is what their wailing fans will be claiming from now to 2027!!
Yes because that 1 try is the only thing that matters about either performance...bore off.

SA earned the win, fair play to them but its because they worked hard and got scrum dominance.

Dont really care your opinion, it doesnt matter, the fact is a strong kicking game is part of rugby, a physical defence is part of rugby. And is a part many do enjoy its not just about you.

If England went out there and decided to run from everywhere...

How do you think that would have gone?

It was a game plan thad could have won us the game. SA played no more rugby they just got that 1 very good try.
Again, stop being defensive I'm not blaming England!

I love attritional rugby, I'm a former prop, lock and forwards coach, but rugby is losing its place in the entertainment world because it is overly technical, and lacks flair.

I'm blaming world rugby, for killing the game as a sport. This is the problem with rugby fans, the snobbery of understanding the technicalities puts off potential fans.

Last few decisions stick in the mind but england got a but of rub from him as well. Playing this game by kicking everything is always playing with fire even if it was probably right considering conditions.
The England gameplan was perfect for 75 minutes, but the SA tactical substitution so early in 50 minutes was very effective. Sinkler has always been a liability - don't know why he's even on the bench.

Billy Vunipola let England down big time unfortunately. He fumbled for a SA penalty and he was asleep at the edge of the maul allowing Fourie acres of space to attack.
And made the final knock on to end the game

As I said before the game....tight game. People in here underestimated England.
Best side lost today due to a prejudicial ref who decided every scrum was a one sided affair.

At least the best ref will be in the final...our beloved EnglishMan deserves that
I stand corrected.

As a neutral I was not entertained. At all. Rain didn't help, but still...

All blacks will be pretty fresh after that easy warm up and having 8 days to recover. Tonight it was another tough battle for South Africa.
So the final should be pretty even all things considered.

SA. You lucky **************************************************************************.

The fact Daly and May had Adsense and Kolbe for most of the game boggles my mind
In the wet the footwork is useless. I played wing in the Cape during my school years and those types of wingers need firm footing otherwise you monster them.
Wow. I really thought we lost that. England came in with the better game plan for this. Subs were the big turning points, Pollard, Fourie and RG plus the pressure on the scrum. Really proud of the character of the team to just not give up and keep pushing.

Really is looking decent for England if they can build with Borthwick in the next 4 years. He got shafted by a short time period ahead of this World Cup and has come one point short of getting them to the final. Think England supporters can be incredibly proud of how their team performed todayā€¦ but it's also gutting that you started off with no Hope (based on the posts in this thread) then they had you believe and then it was just taken at the end there. That feeling is worse.

Man Pollardā€¦ wow.

So sorry for the English fans on the board here. That one I'm sure is a tough one to take.
TBH I think if England didn't make any forward substitutions they'd have hung on.

Latest posts