• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Should Robshaw Captain England?

I reckon Robshaw would go great at 6 for England as he's been playing 6 for England the last two rounds (just with a 7 on his back) and performed well.

Or we just abolish the 7 jersey altogether. Has been a while since we bothered, so should just accept that the concept of a true openside is effectively "dead" to the English setup and retire it.

Or we just abolish the 7 jersey altogether. Has been a while since we bothered, so should just accept that the concept of a true openside is effectively "dead" to the English setup and retire it.

Play with letters on there backs like the old Tigers teams problem solved :D

Its bad enough some tigers are automatically IN the jerseys, last thing needed is to have them on the jerseys too!

Should Robshaw be england captain?

England had over 80 min to win that game, its a shame they left it till the last 5 min. my Q. is *should robshaw be england captain? im not knocking his ability as a player, england had opportunities to turn the screws on wales & i just doubt his decision making at what i think were key points in the game????

England had over 80 min to win that game, its a shame they left it till the last 5 min. my Q. is *should robshaw be england captain? im not knocking his ability as a player, england had opportunities to turn the screws on wales & i just doubt his decision making at what i think were key points in the game????

Besides a few questionable decisions in the backs (Farrell and Tuilagi spring to mind), I don't think England's decision making was bad at all. Of all things that can be faulted, I don't think Robshaw's captaincy is one - the team play with heart and guts, and Robshaw is all over the park and leads by example. His captaincy will improve with every game and we should already be developing some good leaders throughout the team - Hartley, Robshaw, Dickson, Farrell, Foden.

Now, he's certainly playing out of position and hasn't bothered to adapt his game to suit his position, but that's another matter.

I think Robshaw is a good captain, seems to be embracing the role and will only improve. One thing I would of done is go for the try when Priestland got a yellow. After we kicked the 3 points Wales just gave it to the forwards and kept it for 5/6 minutes which was the platform for the win.

Latest posts