• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 Mid-Year Tests] New Zealand vs England (3rd Test)

Can't go back over 18 pages at this time of night, but I think Tuilagi is the most overrated player in world rugby at the moment.
He's pretty much a one trick pony going forwards (similar to Jamie Roberts), but his defense is absolutely shocking. His positioning is terrible, and he actually falls off tackles that a center 4stone lighter would make. (unlike Roberts who is a rock in defense).

Not sure what's happened to Mike Brown, but he's looked like a rabbit in the headlights this entire tour. Has gone from Englands best player in the 6n, to one of the worst.

Lawes was prominent by his lack of prominence, was he fit? Also, I think the season finally caught up on Robshaw. He's been outstanding on this tour until this game.

I even (slightly) felt sorry for Ashton at one point. He was being drawn in to try to make tackles because of the centres being out of position, and (being Ashton) was made to look like a headless chicken at some points.

Major improvement by England in the second half, after what must have been one hell of a team talk. One problem I saw was there were no leaders on the pitch, encouraging the team. They looked very similar to the team that fell apart vs Wales two years ago.

Still think England will be a major force in the world cup next year, but I'm really hoping they bring their 1st half form into the Wales game ;)

If you think Tuilagi is the most over rated player in world rugby then not only did you not read the first 18 pages of this thread but you didn't watch the first match of this series too . He was even fairly good out of position . He can defend (in fact I think he's a good defender)

England would have won a test against the All blacks this tour if we had selected Dave Seymour instead of the entire starting XV. I blame the RFU and Andrew.

Weird, but I actually agree with your here.

Flood should have been played more imo, but then I may be biased a bit.
I think Flood was incredibly underrated towards the end of his England career. He definitely should have had more of a role in Lancaster's England, even if I did enjoy seeing Charlie with a red rose on his chest.

England would have won a test against the All blacks this tour if we had selected Mallett instead of Lancaster. I blame the RFU and Andrew.

Just sayinn.

Are we really going down this route ?!?!?

Hanging players and management out to dry because we got beaten comfortably by the best team in the world ?

Imo no one in this tour should think their chances of making the RWC squad is over except Ashton . Everyone else has shown promise of some form on this tour or in the 6N we have knackered players and injuries galore .

I firmly believe if we had Corbisiero we would have had SOOOOO much more front foot ball but who knows

Anyway I think people should take a chill pill the management and squad of current players aren't doing a bad job we are a hugely better team than we were when Stuart took over and hopefully we will continue to improve . Lancaster must settle a backs division and try to gain some cohesiveness between those players

Weird, but I actually agree with your here.

Who is David Seymour.

Is he related to Seymour Short-Willie.

:huh:

Are we really going down this route ?!?!?

Hanging players and management out to dry because we got beaten comfortably by the best team in the world ?

Imo no one in this tour should think their chances of making the RWC squad is over except Ashton . Everyone else has shown promise of some form on this tour or in the 6N we have knackered players and injuries galore .

I firmly believe if we had Corbisiero we would have had SOOOOO much more front foot ball but who knows

Anyway I think people should take a chill pill the management and squad of current players aren't doing a bad job we are a hugely better team than we were when Stuart took over and hopefully we will continue to improve . Lancaster must settle a backs division and try to gain some cohesiveness between those players

How dare you call yourself a tigers fan
Need to read some of this holy work.
http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read/s103.htm?106,14807296

Last edited:
just watched the match. A few things:

what a winger, Savea. Made the two first tries, no other winger would've made those. And WHAT A SHAME that Ben Smith forward pass. Savea would've had a hattrick in the opening 15 !! How insanely ridiculous is that ?..
Then, again the Coles and Cruden break, Coles should've just smashed into Ashton…blew a try there trying to pass back inside. I think because he's a hooker he was trying to be fancy with the pass or smt :p

Fekitoa was very nervous, visibly. Body language for one, and he didn't know when to pass and when to keep the ball. At a point he systematically passed. And after his first huge break in the opening minutes, he kept it and blew a big opportunity. But he's a great talent and should be kept in the AB radar. He can become an excellent Toulon centre if he keeps this up :D

The Aaron Amith try WOWW but WEAK tackle attempt from Tuilagi. He was awesome all game long.

The Garces yellow on Vunipola was wrong. Can't even imagine the English posts on here when that happened ! :p

Cruden was on FIRE. Some of the passes he gave, whewwww. First time I see him this good. I might be a bit late as I say this, but he is truly deserving of the AB 10 jersey, and with Beauden Barret (who played very well) they've got a nice bright future at flyhalf.

Burns looks very eh…"effeminate" as he prepares to kick a penalty...

Credit to England for the score. Yarde is the best England winger I've seen right now. Haven't seen Wade at high test level yet. He's a keeper FOR SURE, miles better than all the others for ENG.

Nonu's kicking game has really improved BIG TIME.
Woodcock was really good.
AB were brilliant all game long at taking the ball "magically" from England as they were just about to score on them.

Conklujun:
Overall, this was a lot more like a typical AB vs ENG in NZ score. The AB really looked themselves. It's hard to say what really transpired out of the first two tests when you see this afterwards. It's like the AB are a shy bunch, and they need a bit of time to get used to anything. Their pack was dominating England, esp. in the first half. Where was that in the first 2 tests ? They looked uber confident, for no apparent reason...like they knew from the start they "got this". They really looked themselves, and this is awful news for England as they go home on a very bad note, that score was flattering to them tbh - just 36-13 ?...and this is very very good news for the AB who salvage a lot of that aura back, as they not only continue the streak but win big, and I think this is interesting for the Boks: it proves to them England aren't all that, while the AB were always going to be a huge challenge.
All of a sudden, ppl start talking about "England isn't ready for the RWC after all" - "they needed maybe an extra year"...but this same fixture in Twickers in Nov. will be very interesting though. And I'm keeping the upset scenario in mind, just in case..

I know for a fact I've posted this at least three times in the past, but..... #givea*****?
Turn the lights down low, light a few candles, open a nice bottle of wine and enjoy.
Skip to 1.55 for the breakdown part.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know for a fact I've posted this at least three times in the past, but..... #givea*****?
Turn the lights down low, light a few candles, open a nice bottle of wine and enjoy.
Skip to 1.55 for the breakdown part. I like how, even though Saleare 57-0 down, away at Toulon, Seymour is still dicking Armitage at the breakdown.

Do you have any more recent game footage.

Cant find anything about him.

Does he play 7 could be a handy player to have once he gets more experience in the Premiership and Europe, one to look for in the future then, could well be one of the finds of the season for sale next season if he plays some games.

I think Yarde is why the phrase 'raw talent' was created. If he can develop his reading of the game, and well just playing the game, he's going to be absolutely phenomenal in twelve months time.

Do you have any more recent game footage.

Cant find anything about him.

Does he play 7 could be a handy player to have once he gets more experience in the Premiership and Europe, one to look for in the future then, could well be one of the finds of the season for sale next season if he plays some games.
Don't make me fight you.

Dan Braid said Seymour is the best 7 he's seen....and he's played against/trained with Richie Mccaw.

Don't make me fight you.

Dan Braid said Seymour is the best 7 he's seen....and he's played against/trained with Richie Mccaw.

You mean Dan Braid lesser known older brother of the more talented Luke Braid, right? Like I can trust his word does he even played rugby still since moving from Auckland?

;)

I think Yarde is why the phrase 'raw talent' was created. If he can develop his reading of the game, and well just playing the game, he's going to be absolutely phenomenal in twelve months time.

...so you're saying coz he's black, he's a "raw talent", huh ? Oh, the euphemism. Like we wouldn't see RIGHT through it. As in, the guy can run really well for sure but that's about all he does, oh right, no brains, just legs, the big cliché...you're such a disgusting puddle of tomato sauce. Racist, putrid tomato sauce.

...so you're saying coz he's black, he's a "raw talent", huh ? Oh, the euphemism. Like we wouldn't see RIGHT through it. As in, the guy can run really well for sure but that's about all he does, oh right, no brains, just legs, the big cliché...you're such a disgusting puddle of tomato sauce. Racist, putrid tomato sauce.

Numbnuts :p

You mean Dan Braid lesser known older brother of the more talented Luke Braid, right? Like I can trust his word does he even played rugby still since moving from Auckland?

;)
That's it.
I live in Tigers Country, so I probably live within an hour of wherever you live.
I'm coming for you Tigs Man!
Dan Braid has 6 All Blacks caps, Luke has 0! So shuuusshhhh :p

That's it.
I live in Tigers Country, so I probably live within an hour of wherever you live.
I'm coming for you Tigs Man!

That's funny because I moved to Cheshire 2 years ago.

camb.gif

That's funny because I moved to Cheshire 2 years ago.

camb.gif

Awkward......do you want to swap shirts or something? I feel I'd get a lot less stick down at my club if I supported Tigers (or Wuss) than Sale :lol:

I would just like to make this comment.

For the first time in a while, the English Rugby Team have come to New Zealand and not acted like complete dicks. Right back as far as 2008, they have had players involved in questionable off-field stupidity; the "assault & rape" accusations at the "Pony Club" bar in 2008, and the idiocy with Manu Tulagi and Mike Tindall during the 2011 RWC.

IMO, this is testament to Stuart Lancaster's management skills. The man obviously has the players focussed on the game and has not allowed them to be affected by all the peripheral stuff, and from all the reports I have read, the players have been nothing less than excellent in their dealings with the public, and have been true ambassadors for both their sport and their country.

If Lancaster is able to transfer that focus onto the field as effectively as he has managed it off the field, then England will be a real force to be reckoned with come the 2015 RWC. Personally, I am looking forward to Twickenham, November 8 this year. It will be a classic encounter I am sure.

I've found myself frustrated by the tour. It feels like an opportunity missed. I hate plaudits like 'they showed character in the second half'. To me they showed their true character in the first 40. Out-skilled I can cope with, but out-muscled, out-worked, out-mauled and out-rucked?

Positives: Yarde showed his eye for a gap. Youngs ran with the ball a couple of times. The emergence of the hooker. Cipriani and Haskell showed they've too much ability to permanently ignore.

Negatives: Mike Brown was awful. Absurd scheduling. Vunipola shown up. Too many players are really good on their day, but that day doesn't come consistently enough. Manu on the wing was a weird selection and the thinking in the centres was so confused.

England have a record against South Africa and New Zealand of about 20 matches with 1 win. "Serious contenders"?

Awkward......do you want to swap shirts or something? I feel I'd get a lot less stick down at my club if I supported Tigers (or Wuss) than Sale :lol:

:D I get the same stick, at least Tigers have a successful record and do well against Sale.

Certainly handy for Sale Tigers games in Salford.

England have a record against South Africa and New Zealand of about 20 matches with 1 win. "Serious contenders"?

Don't be silly

Latest posts