• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] Wales vs England (23/02/2019)

As well as Wilson has done and not wanting to discredit him at all, I can't wait to have a look at an Underhill, T Curry, Billy back row, again nothing against Wilson he's been great..

Well, if ever there was an object lesson in how to throw a game away, that was it. England back to teh clumsy horror show we saw last year - virtually every time they got into a promising position in the Welsh 22 they would knock on or manage to concede a penalty. What on earth happened? By the last quarter the Welsh were - quite rightly - all over England.
Mike

Do you have a relative in New Zealand called Greg ?

I think our back three are right up there, as I've said before Josh Adams is class, the problem we have now is that the Scots and the Irish have seen the beast so can they stop us. I need to see the game again tomorrow because the guy in front of me was about 6'8"and every time he stood up I couldn't see FA, so calm tomorrow be fore I crucify some one.:D

really surprised to read that.

I thought the 2nd half was ****, and England were shocking.

captain and coach completely froze.

Thats because they expected to win. Same as 'faz' freezing in post mach interview.

I think our back three are right up there, as I've said before Josh Adams is class, the problem we have now is that the Scots and the Irish have seen the beast so can they stop us. I need to see the game again tomorrow because the guy in front of me was about 6'8"and every time he stood up I couldn't see FA, so calm tomorrow be fore I crucify some one.:D

Sinckler did nothing wrong, but if you want to follow the media like a puppet, so be it.

Agree that the media is over-hyping it, the headlock was more unlucky than cynical, but the shoulder check on Anscombe was moronic, especially knowing he had a spotlight on him!

Successful in Europe, yeah I'll give you that but only when the the conditions suit his game. He's half decent in the tackle and Dude can kick I'll give him that toot, but so can most 10's(not BB) but he wouldn't even be top 10 in attack and playmaking.
Hasn't consistently stepped in big games for England.
Also when everytime it turns to poo, every pom in this forum is asking why Ford wasn't brought on to provide a spark?? When you need Ford to.spark the attack, sorry mate you ain't a world class 10

BB isn't even a 10 just the quality of the team around him cover up his short comings.....

Game of two halves.
Wales won their half better than we did no complaints better team won at end of day.
Wales now have 6 nations to lose but could see 3 teams on 19 points each and all coming down to points.
I predicted no Grand Slam for anyone and still stand by it .
Ireland with a big win tomorrow will be right back in mix.

Before the game I said England wouldn't kick it as much, turns out I was wrong, but it was the wrong tactic for England. Wales had it well marshalled but they kept persisting with it, Tulangi was barely used.

Run, pass, run....
Not kick, chase, hope.
England looked dangerous doing the former.
England gave the game away doing the latter.
Are they too robotic and over coached?
Or just a bad day at the office against smarter opposition?

It seems England's 7 prayers have finally been answered in Curry and what a player he seems to be.

4 out of 5, not bad.

Sinckler did nothing wrong, but if you want to follow the media like a puppet, so be it.

First England points he should have been pinged in that scrum.

No arms cynical tackle close to the line - 3points
Choking a player like that in a ruck - 3 points and lucky it wasnt looked at as restricting breathing intentionally could be viewed as up to a red
The late hit that wasnt reviewed where he clearly dipped a shoulder

3 really cynical unnecessary fouls costing points and could have cost cards. It was enough for a hasty replacement as his head had gone.

You seem to think I am digging at his performance. I am not. I am saying England cant carry a loose cannon into big games. It only takes a ref that loves to award things for him to go for a walk. I think he was lucky today that the ref tried to let to game go. He doesnt need to do those things and he needs to clean it up.

Why on earth are people blaming Sinckler when Farrell's errors led to 8 losses of possession (aside from him kicking it away) ?

His was the worst international performance from a fly half since Cipriani about 15 years ago.

Latest posts