• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] Wales vs England (23/02/2019)

I am saying England cant carry a loose cannon into big games.
This is a big factor in why Genge didn't get a start IMO, I'd love to see Genge and Sinckler together but sadly it's an accident waiting to happen...

Choking a player like that in a ruck - 3 points and lucky it wasnt looked at as restricting breathing intentionally could be viewed as up to a red.
Ah, I thought you were being serious - didn't realise you were just taking the ****

My point is he didnt need to do it and it only takes a ref to try and become the focus to card him. There is no way you can mistake a neck for a back so he knew. Its silly things that can and will cause him problems. His behaviour is already making him a marked man and is sours some really good performances. No one wants to win games because someone did something stupid. I would rather take games out of the refs hands. As much as I enjoy beating England it would be crappy if wins came because of silly cynical fouls.

My point is he didnt need to do it and it only takes a ref to try and become the focus to card him. There is no way you can mistake a neck for a back so he knew.
Sinckler did literally nothing wrong in the tackle, he tackled AWJ legally and then AWJ tried to drop to the floor to avoid a maul, meaning Sincklers arms went from around his chest to one over his shoulder
By the the letter of the law it's a high tackle but to claim it's anything other than an unfortunate "rugby incident" is just ridiculous.

So why not let go when you reach the neck? Why hold tighter. Yes it slipped down but it shouldnt have continued.

Im not focussing on just that. My point is he can be amazing but he gets too wound up too easily. Play on the edge but dont give free points and put yourself in a position where an interpretation of the law can force you to walk.

He wasnt the reason England lost the game or why Wales won it. His cynical professional fouls could haunt him in future and I would rather not see talent wasted.

Why on earth are people blaming Sinckler when Farrell's errors led to 8 losses of possession (aside from him kicking it away) ?

His was the worst international performance from a fly half since Cipriani about 15 years ago.

Careful mate, the Faz c#*k riders ate out in force

First England points he should have been pinged in that scrum.

No arms cynical tackle close to the line - 3points
Choking a player like that in a ruck - 3 points and lucky it wasnt looked at as restricting breathing intentionally could be viewed as up to a red
The late hit that wasnt reviewed where he clearly dipped a shoulder

3 really cynical unnecessary fouls costing points and could have cost cards. It was enough for a hasty replacement as his head had gone.

You seem to think I am digging at his performance. I am not. I am saying England cant carry a loose cannon into big games. It only takes a ref that loves to award things for him to go for a walk. I think he was lucky today that the ref tried to let to game go. He doesnt need to do those things and he needs to clean it up.

1) going against the refs decision.
2) fair
3) choke tackle, behave
4) late hit, behave

Altogether, behave

Only cynical one was the block, maybe could have picked up a yellow for it, but was a 50/50 call.
As for the 'HE'S TRYING TO KILL HIM!!!! STRANGLEMONSTER!!!' incident, he was holding on to AWJ's jersey around the chest area, and when AWJ slipped down his jersey actually rode up. Penalty at the most, but could see him losing his head a bit after being penalised for it, and the timing was perfect for the substitution anyway. Leaving him on was a risk that didn't need to be taken.

Sinckler's treatment in the press is very similar to Raheem Stirling's.

Does no worse than any number of other players, yet gets hung out to dry and berated by the media, and fans, constantly.
Wonder why.
Amazing what a nice defined jaw does for a man! Poor lads and their round faces.

Sinckler's treatment in the press is very similar to Raheem Stirling's.

Does no worse than any number of other players, yet gets hung out to dry and berated by the media, and fans, constantly.
Wonder why.

Has Sinckler got a 'machine gun' tattoo as well? Nah Sincks's play is very questionable - very aggressive so he's bound to get pulled up on it.

The no arms tackle near the line was cynical too. People seem to be missing the point and turning it into a witch hunt. Im trying to say he didnt need to do those things and like you say is now targetted in the press and it detracts from what he actually brings.

The no arms tackle near the line was cynical too. People seem to be missing the point and turning it into a witch hunt. Im trying to say he didnt need to do those things and like you say is now targetted in the press and it detracts from what he actually brings.
Will have to watch the game again for that one. I don't remember it, so can't imagine it being much, but I also may have been hiding behind the sofa waiting for us to 'do a Wales' and lose in the last couple of minutes.

And no one has disagreed on the no arms tackle......

But one tackle doesn't make him an enemy of the state.

Will have to watch the game again for that one. I don't remember it, so can't imagine it being much, but I also may have been hiding behind the sofa waiting for us to 'do a Wales' and lose in the last couple of minutes.

He was pinged and wales kicked 3. He just dived at feet with no attempt to tackle. It was an attempt to stop momentum near the line.

Just silly things. My point is being lost here whereas I think he can go on and be a top top player but silly penalties will give the media a scapegoat like the English media always do and that really shouldnt and doesnt need to happen. Maro was a bit of a penalty idiot when he started and he has iron out a lot of those issues. Look how influential he now is.

Why on earth are people blaming Sinckler when Farrell's errors led to 8 losses of possession (aside from him kicking it away) ?

His was the worst international performance from a fly half since Cipriani about 15 years ago.
Look he was poor but I've seen plenty worse, but that's why you have subs isn't it, so that if a player is playing below par etc you can replace them. Eddie seemed to forget this and instead just sat on his hands and watched Rome burn. Negligent.

Err it's you who seems to want to turn it into a witch hunt.

I'm frustrated. Not because we lost, but because we got our tactics wrong and neither the players or coaches had the wit to do anything about it.

1. Moon. Did well in autumn, but never going to be true international class. Genge should get there.
2. George. Never been a massive fan. Has the shirt by default.
3. Sinckler. Went well until brain started to fade.
4. Lawes & 5. Kruis. Fine. Never upset to see either playing.
6. Wilson. Today was day to cement shirt. Didn't.
7, Curry. Looking the real deal.
8. Binny. Carried hard until started to tire.
9. Youngs. 10. Farrell. Both got it wrong. Both should know better.
11. May. Frustrated spectator. Little ball in hand.
12. Tuilagi. One great break and a couple of big hits. Generally quiet; if playing him, give him the ball.
13. Slade. Couple of classy touches, but little ball, so quiet.
14. Nowell. Busy, went well, if not particularly threatening.
15. Daly. Decent, although caught out in air for final try.

Err it's you who seems to want to turn it into a witch hunt.

No not really. Ive been hammered for saying he lost his head a bit and if he can sort this out he can be a top player. Not sure where the idea I have a gripe comes from. People have gone hyper defensive over him as he had an otherwise great game.

Its seems you are only allowed to say how amazing someone is and arent allowed to mention areas of improvement.

I will refraint from mentioning it from now on. The entire England team we amazing and will win everything as there are no issues for correction. Happy?

Jokes aside Sinckler can be Englands Gethin Jenkins if he polishes his aggression.

Last edited:

Latest posts