• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] Wales vs England (23/02/2019)

I'm frustrated. Not because we lost, but because we got our tactics wrong and neither the players or coaches had the wit to do anything about it.

1. Moon. Did well in autumn, but never going to be true international class. Genge should get there.
2. George. Never been a massive fan. Has the shirt by default.
3. Sinckler. Went well until brain started to fade.
4. Lawes & 5. Kruis. Fine. Never upset to see either playing.
6. Wilson. Today was day to cement shirt. Didn't.
7, Curry. Looking the real deal.
8. Binny. Carried hard until started to tire.
9. Youngs. 10. Farrell. Both got it wrong. Both should know better.
11. May. Frustrated spectator. Little ball in hand.
12. Tuilagi. One great break and a couple of big hits. Generally quiet; if playing him, give him the ball.
13. Slade. Couple of classy touches, but little ball, so quiet.
14. Nowell. Busy, went well, if not particularly threatening.
15. Daly. Decent, although caught out in air for final try.

Daly has been hammered in the press. Not really his fault. Out of position. He isnt a 15.

Englands back row is something to now be concerned with. When Underhill comes back I think he can take the 6 shirt with Wilson as solid 678 cover. Thats enough to front up to any tier 1 side.

Its seems you are only allowed to say how amazing someone is and arent allowed to mention areas of improvement.
No, not that at all.
The way you described an accidental seatbelt tackle made it sound like Sinckler set out to murder someone.
"Choking someone" "restricting breathing intentionally". It's fanatical.

This is evidenced by no one taking issue with describing/discussing his other penalties - which were bone headed and he's rightly been derided for.

No, not that at all.
The way you described an accidental seatbelt tackle made it sound like Sinckler set out to murder someone.
"Choking someone" "restricting breathing intentionally". It's fanatical.

This is evidenced by no one taking issue with describing/discussing his other penalties - which were bone headed and he's rightly been derided for.

Never said thats how I viewed it. I said dont give the ref the chance to interpret it that way. It only takes a george clancy to ruin a game on seeing that.

And others have rose tinted the late hit. People went into 'i have to be offended and defend him mode'. I do feel if england had won the game there wouldnt have been so much 'outrage'.

Lets get back on the analysis of the game instead of each other?
We already know I'm amazing, and pretty much everything I think/say/post is 110% correct, so I will always win if we do so, and that way madness lies.
I'm starting to think there may be alcohol involved here......
1FOhmQm.gif

Sinckler did literally nothing wrong in the tackle, he tackled AWJ legally and then AWJ tried to drop to the floor to avoid a maul, meaning Sincklers arms went from around his chest to one over his shoulder
By the the letter of the law it's a high tackle but to claim it's anything other than an unfortunate "rugby incident" is just ridiculous.
Enough with the arrogance

Surprised there's not more comments about AWJ playing the ref all game as well. Fair enough, he can only do it because he's such a monster of a player, but he had Peyper in his pocket the whole game. I think my favourite was when he was lieing on top of the ball at the back feet of a ruck and looking up chatting to the ref complaining that he was being impeded !!!! unbelievable !!

Surprised there's not more comments about AWJ playing the ref all game as well. Fair enough, he can only do it because he's such a monster of a player, but he had Peyper in his pocket the whole game. I think my favourite was when he was lieing on top of the ball at the back feet of a ruck and looking up chatting to the ref complaining that he was being impeded !!!! unbelievable !!
I was talking to a friend who's an England fan, and he mentioned the amount of 'chat' to the referee throughout the game by both sides.
I think a lot has to do with Peyper(sp?) being a very poor ref, so players feel they can control him instead of the other way around. I thought he ruled very much in England's favour for the first 20 mins, then was awful for both sides for the rest of the game.

So was meant to be a 12-14 point loss for Wales right?
Yeah have to say no idea what those people were on. In Cardiff I could never see England winning by that margin. Even i did think England would win comfortably pre match.

Have to say your second try where you took the lead was the only time I thought we'd lose all buildup/match. At that stage it just felt like we always we were going to fail.

No substitutions/No plan B was our failure today. Would we have won otherwise nothing is certain but our failure in that area meant we don't know. Wales did deserve to win today absolutely they were the better team. I just wish we tried to win it when things were not working.

I'm not worried about today if we learn from it and some things did go well, the last score is what In matches.like this and flatters the winning team. But damn Id to like to have won.

I was talking to a friend who's an England fan, and he mentioned the amount of 'chat' to the referee throughout the game by both sides.
I think a lot has to do with Peyper(sp?) being a very poor ref, so players feel they can control him instead of the other way around. I thought he ruled very much in England's favour for the first 20 mins, then was awful for both sides for the rest of the game.
Have to say Im not a fan of Wales' gesturing as a team to the ref. In sync with the same motion so clearly a game plan. Just rubs me the wrong way.

I think I know the incident you refer to. I think it was Wilson who had hold of him with one hand on his shoulder trying to win a penalty. Both of them were trying to play for a freebie.

Farrell isnt a Captain as he doesnt have those rapours with the ref. Look at people like Johnson, Warburton etc. They were always talking and they always got the rub.

Anyone have an idea whats gone wrong with the Welsh lineout? It was better today with Hill and jumping against Kruis is not easy but it was still very dodgy....Is Owens at fault or are the drills not working?

Anyone have an idea whats gone wrong with the Welsh lineout? It was better today with Hill and jumping against Kruis is not easy but it was still very dodgy....Is Owens at fault or are the drills not working?
I think the issue with the Wales lineout today was called Kruis.
Owens isn't a great thrower, but he did nothing wrong. Kruis was just always in the right place at the right time. He'd be the first name on the team sheet for England in my opinion. Fantastic player.

I think the issue with the Wales lineout today was called Kruis.
Owens isn't a great thrower, but he did nothing wrong. Kruis was just always in the right place at the right time. He'd be the first name on the team sheet for England in my opinion. Fantastic player.

Its been poor for 3 games now though. I suppose it was better today even though they were against Kruis so thats not as bad.

I don't think it was any better today, throwing straight was not a requirement I have seen straighter than most pinged.

Wish people would get off Daly's back that try was not really his fault, praise the pin point accuracy of Biggers kick and Adams timing, you will see plenty of great fall backs concede those when the timing is that good it's extremely difficult for a static player to win in the air Vs one running at full tilt with all the momentum.

Solid from Wales today, we probably got to the level that we performed against the spring boks last November. Good game plan to target the edges of rucks to keep the English tacklecount ticking. They are unquestionably a fit team but you can't make that amount of tackles and be totally on-point in the last ten minutes. Regardless of what some say, England weren't bad, Wales just had answers for anything the English raised.

I think Wales can still take it up a level or two before we see the end of 2019 but this was mana from heaven after the first two rounds.

Williams was majestic, Adam's finish was top-drawer and his all-around game very good. Parkes, though berated on here, I thought had his best game since breaking his finger last summer. Anscombe was fine, maybe a little above and then Biggar looked like a frikken Rolls-Royce for the last 20.

Welsh pack went very nicely. Back-row looked a unit with Navidi looking the stand-out, as good as AWJ's savvy leadership was important, I thought Hill was huge today. I had a sneaky suspicion that he might go well today as he never really 'deserved' to lose his shirt and I think he wanted to prove that on the biggest stage. Front row were all great but thought Francis had a big game in particular.

Curry was obvs outstanding for England... I'm now fully on board and he deserves the hype. Apart from that, it was just a day where the opposing game plan was perfect to prevent the English from playing their game.

On to Scotland at Murrayfield... regardless of both teams fortunes today it will be another tough match. Ireland will be tougher again.

Wish people would get off Daly's back that try was not really his fault, praise the pin point accuracy of Biggers kick and Adams timing, you will see plenty of great fall backs concede those when the timing is that good it's extremely difficult for a static player to win in the air Vs one running at full tilt with all the momentum.

Rewatched the try. Daly was left a lot to do there. I would question the positioning of Joe Coka. He was so so narrow when Biggar took the ball. He was a good 10m narrower than LW then there was Adams further out. He left Daly with a lot of space to cover which wouldnt have helped. Added to the fact Daly isnt a 15 so high balls and cross fields arent 'natural' to him.

Ultimately it was world class kicking and Adams sheer desire that made the try but if JC was out wide marking his own man surely he would have got there as he is huge?

Sorry
I'm just going to say it. Wales are on a winning streak because they've played a lot of soft games. It's how they've moved up to 4th. And then they have failed to perform against two week sides so far in the 6. They will be relying on home advantage and history to shake England enough that we get off our game. If that fails they simply don't have enough on the pitch to win this. Wales have never peaked to the level of England or Ireland, and we've just turned Ireland over at home when they were on a real winning streak against serious opposition.

This ones Englands.

Pin pulled. Grenade thrown.
Love this...

Latest posts