• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2022 Six Nations] Ireland vs Wales (05/02/22)

He's joking about the fact that despite Wales being **** for over a year, Wales fans (often) couldn't see that and used the fluking of the championship as justification for calling themselves not ****
I think I've seen several comments about it pre-tournament as well from Welsh fans and pundits. But it was just a bit of light hearted **** taking. We're about to struggle against Scotland so expect the same stuff back.

He's joking about the fact that despite Wales being **** for over a year, Wales fans (often) couldn't see that and used the fluking of the championship as justification for calling themselves not ****
And I'm not gonna rise ..... No fish sorry

I think I've seen several comments about it pre-tournament as well from Welsh fans and pundits. But it was just a bit of light hearted **** taking. We're about to struggle against Scotland so expect the same stuff back.
Aha Scotland England yeh let's go ... But always remember you have that world cup that you didn't fluke!

If Wales play like that again everyone (except Italy) is going to take a bp and it could get rather painful. Ireland looked a proper team today though.
Well Ireland are a proper team but so are France , England and Scotland. On that form tho Italy v Wales should be a close run game . Italy get enough confidence could definitely best Wales this year and that's nothing to do with the Irish game xx

This is why I favour Ireland for the ***le, they can pick up winning BPs in poor conditions or away from home. Neither of which I expect from any other team in the tournament.

I think the ***le deciding match will be between france and ireland, england and wales scrapping for 4 and 5th place with scotland in a solid 3rd.

*why is t i t l e starred out?

Why Wales lost: (1) Too many injuries. (2) Regions performing even worse than usual. (There is only so much of a step-up one can make). (3) Re (2), contrary to what Gatland himself and some others claim, before the financial crisis they were actually very competitive compared to now - Ospreys regularly winning the league, Scarlets and Cardiff both in European semi-finals (the latter would have made the 2009 Final but for a missed penalty shoot out), Ospreys and Cardiff both winning the Anglo-Welsh Cup. The WRU's defunding of them that took place in the early 10's has led to this.

That was very tough to watch from a Welsh fan.

I'll quickly say that I thought the ref was a joke, literally different rules for the 2 sides! Not that it made any difference, and tbh Wales were lucky that Ireland weren't more clinical because it should have been 50+.

We don't seem to have any direction or intensity in any facet of the game. Ireland only needed 2 attacking moves, Aki crash or Sexton loop, and we looked at 6's and 7's every time. Tompkins defended well to be fair though.

Our set piece wobbled again, and our attack is both basic and ponderous. Basic errors riddle our game.

Basham was a plus, Tompkins in defense, otherwise the rest can do one, all of them. As can the coaching team. I had high hopes of Pivac and Jones, but everything has crumbled, every facet of our game!

Not sure where we go from here? We need some beef up front, some players who can carry and cause damage and we need an attacking 10, although I'm loathe to critisise Biggar too much playing behind that pack...

Worried about Italy, never mind the others!

Biggar was as anonymous as I've ever seen him, and that really is saying something. A couple of kicks, one whinge at his forwards and that's all I can recall him doing. If he's Capt material then so am I.

Biggar had a couple of good games at the end of last years 6 nations - after starting the tournament playing like ****... and that's about it for a few years. He was terrible on the lions tour, and has otherwise been poor for Wales.

Might as well give Jarrod Evans a run at 10, at least he challenges the defensive line, fires out passes and has a good short kicking game.

Except Pivac prefers Priestland!

Sorry, just realised that I've just moaned about Wales without giving Ireland the credit they deserve.

Not at their very best, but continued on from the AI's. Forwards are powerful, dynamic and and organised. They were dangerous all game behind with ball in hand, with some intricate moves off Sexton.

As others have said, the big worry is how much revolves around Sexton behind, it all runs through him, so they need contingency plans in place now for if he gets injured or when he retires.

Well played, well deserved, you should challenge for the breastle.

Its between ireland and france to win, scotland for a solid 3rd and wales and england trying not to finish 5...

It was that easy I don't want to read too much into it.

Mack Hansen looked really useful.

Could even be a more rounded winger than James Lowe - but as said, don't want to read too much into it. Next week will tell a story.

Not that I will give a ****. The big match next week is at Jones Road.

Hansen was everywhere. Has a bright future if he keeps playing like that

IRFU selectors

1644103992514.png

Congrats to Ireland. I would say as expected, and it pretty much was, but I thought we'd have a bit more fight and intensity than that but oh well. Will have to go back to the 90s where beating England is the only thing that matters.

@Groundhog offer to eat his entire ass doesn't sound so bad now compared to watching that **** yesterday.

Latest posts