• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2021/22

I'd be curious to see the data for how many shirts have been sold since Umbro won the contract. I'd imagine there's been a sharp decline. Other factors such as limited disposal income following COVID could play in to it, but fundamentally, I don't think rugby fans like to see Umbro producing football shirts and pretending they're the same as rugby shirts. They're not.

I'd be curious to see the data for how many shirts have been sold since Umbro won the contract. I'd imagine there's been a sharp decline. Other factors such as limited disposal income following COVID could play in to it, but fundamentally, I don't think rugby fans like to see Umbro producing football shirts and pretending they're the same as rugby shirts. They're not.
I remember in the first couple of games of Umbro's tenure there were 3 shirts ripped in games. That could be coincidence but I know that that put loads of people off. Including myself.

That wouldn't have been my main worry TBH - I'd have no intention of wearing it to play in and I don't think I'd be putting it under the level of strain to tear it in an every day scenario. My guns aren't quite threatening to break through material, but my gut could …

Was it Canterbury where the numbers kept falling off?
Think it was at the 2015 rwc

Puts me off when even the rose appears to be a sticker rather than embroidered, not just on the training gear either.

Pluses and minuses … the embroidered ones can chafe in a sensitive area :D

9. Randall
10. Smith
11. Radwan
12. Manu
13. Slade(Manu Slade combo looked good pre injury, so be curious to see it again. Lawrence/Marchant need gametime too though)
14. Watson
15. Steward

21. Robson
22. Faz
23. Lawrence

Be happy with that personally.
I'd be happy with that as well, but tbh i want to get past Manu. An absolute monster, but I just don't trust him to get through any length of time (e.g. a whole 6 nations, RWC, autumn series) without getting injured. I honestly don't know who to pick in the centres right now, but given the inexperience in terms of caps of the vast majority of caps I'd like to get other combinations blooded. At least until Manu has a decent season without serious injury.

I'd be happy with that as well, but tbh i want to get past Manu. An absolute monster, but I just don't trust him to get through any length of time (e.g. a whole 6 nations, RWC, autumn series) without getting injured. I honestly don't know who to pick in the centres right now, but given the inexperience in terms of caps of the vast majority of caps I'd like to get other combinations blooded. At least until Manu has a decent season without serious injury.
Wouldn't have thought he's got that many seasons left now. 30 years old and he's been injured a lot.

Our 8 9 and 10 will show how we want to play.

Dombrandt
Randall
Smith

Fast instinctive attacking game.

Billy
Youngs
Faz

Slow kicking territory game

I think all 6 of them will make the squad. I just want to see more Smith in an England shirt.

Our 8 9 and 10 will show how we want to play.

Dombrandt
Randall
Smith

Fast instinctive attacking game.

Billy
Youngs
Faz

Slow kicking territory game

I think all 6 of them will make the squad. I just want to see more Smith in an England shirt.
I really don't think Randall will start 9. Feels like his stock has dropped since the start of the season.

Dombrandt, Robson, Smith ... it just feels right. Robson can play like Care and has that level of control which personally I don't think Randall quite has yet.

Just my opinion but of senior 9's in the prem at the moment considered for England jersey for me Robson has to be up there as he showed again this weekend. I'd even say i think Quirke/Jack Van P are ahead of Randall.

Yeah, I'm not into Randall either,
Would rather Robson as a stop gap (29yrs old so not particularly a long-long term option) while we bring JvP and Quirke through

I'd still have Randall in/around the squad as we need to get multiple guys experience (for too long we've had Youngs/Care/no one else) but I don't think he's one to build a backline around

Yeah, I'm not into Randall either,
Would rather Robson as a stop gap (29yrs old so not particularly a long-long term option) while we bring JvP and Quirke through

I'd still have Randall in/around the squad as we need to get multiple guys experience (for too long we've had Youngs/Care/no one else) but I don't think he's one to build a backline around
haha with Eddie that could be 5-6 years. Bit late in the day but oh well.

JvP and Quirke for me set the standard of physical/exciting and controlled 9's. We have Ollie Monye as next cab off the rank after Porter/Hougaard.

I really don't think Randall will start 9. Feels like his stock has dropped since the start of the season.

Dombrandt, Robson, Smith ... it just feels right. Robson can play like Care and has that level of control which personally I don't think Randall quite has yet.

Just my opinion but of senior 9's in the prem at the moment considered for England jersey for me Robson has to be up there as he showed again this weekend. I'd even say i think Quirke/Jack Van P are ahead of Randall.
I think it's so important to give Smith/Dombrandt someone whose similar to Care. Let them thrive with players they feel comfortable too. Plus Robson has been around the squad for 2 years and hopefully knows the lads inside and out.

I'm not sure about that … Bristol started the season with Uren at 9. Randall came in vs. Bath and they looked a lot better with him playing a higher tempo game. Individually, he was also good against Quins. I wouldn't start Randall for England, but I don't think 'his stock has dropped'.

Agreed on Robson though. Quirke and JvP looking very promising but also very raw (as you'd expect).

I'm not sure about that … Bristol started with Uren who has been pretty poor. Randall came in vs. Bath and they looked a lot better. Individually, he was good against Quins. I wouldn't start Randall for England, but I don't think 'his stock has dropped'.

Agreed on Robson though. Quirke and JvP looking very promising but also very raw (as you'd expect).
Yeah maybe i'm being harsh on him. Uren really didn't look good. Think i'm painting him with the brizzle bad play brush.

I agree on robson over Randall but honestly youngs needs to go and this is the time to do it when you haven Randall, Quirke, JVP as young exciting prospects.

I havnt seen enough of Quirke if im honest tbh. I like Randall just because its all tempo, but not against others.

My main point from previous post was about combinations. This is about the time last WC cycle he brought in curry right? And got rid of robshaw, haskell ect?

Latest posts