• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[June Tests 2018: 1st Test] Australia vs. Ireland (09/06/2018)

Should be a good series with both sides fairly even. Looking forward to the next one.

As poor as Ireland have been today, the ref has probably had the worst game out of everyone on the pitch... Fingers crossed he doesn't get a big game anytime soon as he's ruined it a little bit for me as the neutral! Three awful decisions in a row that arguably decided the result.

You obviously missed the NZ game. This ref was at the very least consistent, and didn't favour either side.

Makes England winning 3 zip in 2016 look more impressive now.

What's interesting about the next game is that a number of the bench players didn't quite add the impact that I thought they would. Our starting front row performed better in the scrum, and Carbery had a better game than Sexton.

Ringrose and Leavy are the changes that I feel can make a real difference.

I would have given the Irish that consolation try. Felt that the Irish was unlucky at times but so was Australia. All in all a very open, free flowing game.

The ref made a howler at a pivotal part of the game and ended it, Murray understandably let him know it. One guy wasn't doing his job well, it wasnt Murr.

Not too disappointing really, first choice props and second choice TH come in next week, a better selection of second rows, Sexton and whoever else at 9 is better than Murray and Carbery and Ringrose will make a huge difference. That wasn't a first choice side but we'll gain more from that than winning with the GS side who can't add anything of worth to the season at this stage.

Makes England winning 3 zip in 2016 look more impressive now.
2016 England > 2018 Ireland, fact

T o be fair Australia was in crisis at that point in their cycle. Cheika has now had some time to work on this Australian team. This is without a doubt a better Aussie team than in the past few years.

T o be fair Australia was in crisis at that point in their cycle. Cheika has now had some time to work on this Australian team. This is without a doubt a better Aussie team then in the past few years.

Still winning a series in Australia 3 zip is never easy. Ireland won't manage it and they're the current 6Ns GS champs as were England back in 2016.

I'd wait and see if England's can stop their losing streak matching the number of their six nations finishing position before posting **** like that bro!
Haha I've got Irish family who got very cocky so I'm just in a good mood :D

I got not expectations for England at the moment though so fair point!

A loss might have been good for us here. The media were getting a bit carried away about how good this Irish team are. There are still plenty of areas to work on, and a loss will throw that into sharper focus. It'll be hard to win the series from behind, but it's doable. I just hope this doesn't bring out the ultra-conservative in Schmidt regarding selection. Starting Carbery and the second choice front row didn't cost us today.

Carbery had a good game, which in reality is more important than the result. Some of the Reffing was **** but I'm not really bothered to complain about it in all honesty. Better team won but it was a cracking game. Happy with John Ryan and Herring's performances as well. Loss is disappointing but good for us in the long term I think. We really badly missed Ringrose though, only player with an understanding of the 13 channel, at much more dangerous in attack than Aki or Henshaw, not picking him again between now and the end of his career would be a mistake.

We need to experiment but a bitter pill to swallow losing to those absolute *****.

No more experimenting, name our strongest side and put them away.

Latest posts