• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC: New Zealand - Japan (16-09-2011)

Wonder how much NZ will score in the 30 mins before I go to work. I say 25

Wonder how much NZ will score in the 30 mins before I go to work. I say 25

Na, they won't score at all. I'd say Japan will be up by 7 in the first 5 minutes.

When does it start?

EDIT: Japan DESTROYING (cough) New Zealand in the scrum there...

Last edited:
I'll be the first Kiwi to say it.

Based on the lack of urgency and structure I've seen so far in this tounament, the All Blacks will not win this World Cup.

what is john kirwans beef with james arlidge and why is this fool starting ahead of him?

I'll be the first Kiwi to say it.

Based on the lack of urgency and structure I've seen so far in this tounament, the All Blacks will not win this World Cup.

sadly i agree, i don't like this current nz team, maybe they can step up, but i don't think these are the right players, the forwards are too small and they need game breaking wingers like sivivatu rather than wingers that stand on the side and wait for the ball like guilford and kahui

oh and i was right, kahui is playing on the wing and not center

The japan tactic of run from anywhere is questionable, especially seeing as they fling it across the back as if it were the RWC 2011 game...then get tackled into touch. Almost invariably.

what is john kirwans beef with james arlidge and why is this fool starting ahead of him?

B team, no point in risking injury prone Arlidge in a game they can't win. Murray isnt too bad

Was that Mealamu starting a fight with the Japanese tighhead? He should be carefull....that's a big ninja to f- with.

Mealamu try should have been called back. Woodcock should have been pinged back at the scrum. Infringed right in front of the ref and did nothing. unbelievable.

sadly i agree, i don't like this current nz team, maybe they can step up, but i don't think these are the right players, the forwards are too small and they need game breaking wingers like sivivatu rather than wingers that stand on the side and wait for the ball like guilford and kahui

oh and i was right, kahui is playing on the wing and not center

The problem is not in the backs. The backline has all the potential and firepower in the world. Although I disagreed with the selection decision at first, I think Kahui looks very strong at wing so I can't agree with your opinion there.
The problem for the All Blacks in their last 4 tests (this one included) is that the fowards are not securing any decent go-foward, they're not supporting the ball carrier and quick frankly, they look like they couldn't care less. Someone needs get every player numbered 1 to 8 and slap him hard around the back of the head. Tell them to get stuck into every ruck and maul and do the job they've been selected for.

On a side note, I don't agree about Sivivatu (although I know I'm probably alone on this) I've never liked him. I think for all the brilliance he provides, he's an equal liability when it comes to defence and ball handling. I'd much rather have Rox or Hosea Gear.

Anyone else see Woodcock pulling down his opposite prop in the scrum? I wouldn't of thought he would've needed to do that. No wonder the Japanese guy is annoyed!

Mealamu try should have been called back. Woodcock should have been pinged back at the scrum. Infringed right in front of the ref and did nothing. unbelievable.

I agree about Woodcock. He has not looked anywhere near his best since he returned from injury.

Give him a few games to work his way back into match fitness.

Is it too late to call on Donald or Cruden? nick evans or tony brown even?

Is it too late to call on Donald or Cruden? nick evans or tony brown even?

Stephen Donald would make the situation no better and I'm not sure that Cruden has played enough test rugby to be thrown into RWC playoff rugby. Evans hasn't played in New Zealand for 4 years and Tony Brown is too old.

Piri Weepu needs another run a fly half. He's experienced enough and has played enough at 10 to do the job.

Last edited:
Hmm still get a bit confused with the scrum laws, Woodcock seems to be pulling down with the Japan no.3s shirt, is that legal? He needs a tighter shirt I reckon, that'll fix it up.

Tbh they should give the ball to Conrad Smith more though :p

Latest posts