• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool A] Round 2 - Japan vs. Ireland (28/09/2019)

Is this Japan's first holding of the Raeburn Shield?

ETA: No, of course, they nabbed it off Wales 2013

If Scotland beat Japan, that could be the difference between winning the pool and going out, so... yes? It is that valuable.

it seems soft and defeatist to me still not convinced it was completely international or he knew it was time.

I can remember watching Ireland defeat our B-team last month, and at times they were awful defending. Hell, they only won by 4 points.
That was our B team as well, you do realise that? The amount of Welsh people who act as if it was our first choice team in that game is bizarre.

It's tricky though, can you drop your captain?

Needed to make the tough call earlier if you were going to. Especially for Best as it's basically retirement for him. However Japan dropped Leitch and it worked.

Much as I don't relish the idea of facing New Zealand in the quarter finals, after our last few encounters it would be an awesome fixture for the quarter finals. And if the other quarter final was Japan against South Africa in a rematch from their famous pool game in 2015 ... this half of the tournament bracket really couldn't play out much better in terms of entertainment value.

Imagine putting this much effort into trolling and being this bad at it?

How's he ever meant to learn and become a great troll without making a few mistakes. You should encourage him.
Granted he hasn't made anything other than mistakes, but it's the learning that's important.

Well, Japan won without starting their captain so yes you can.

Best is a spent force who should have been phased out over a year ago.

In fairness Leitch coming on early for them made a big difference.

Think Best could still be an asset if we managed him correctly. Playing a full 80 having a 6 day turnaround and playing what 60 minutes in 27° heat with no possession at 38 is just stupid.

Ireland performances over the last year are far too inconsistent for anyone to think they can realistically go on and win this thing

Well, Japan won without starting their captain so yes you can.

Best is a spent force who should have been phased out over a year ago.
But with all respect they don't have the same political challenges Ireland have with Best...

it seems soft and defeatist to me still not convinced it was completely international or he knew it was time.
Surely he either didn't know, or was wanting to keep it infield.
If he just wanted to secure the LBP he'd have gone straight out, not looked for distance and chased the kick

Latest posts