• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool A] Round 4 - Japan vs. Scotland (13/10/2019)

Scots don't do arrogance so well. Better at moaning about being hard done by and of course disrespecting the kicker at Murrayfield.
What prompted you to say this. Its really necessary. I mean if you actually watch a scotland game at Murryfield then you'd know the whole stadium is quiet when the kicker is up. Maybe go watch a game then eat your own ars you swedish spaztic.

@The Oggmonster - aren't you Scottish?

I think Peter Richardson maybe one of those NZ'ers with Scottish grandparents, that's where the arrogance is coming from.

There seems to be a lot of bullying from the English posters towards other nations posters in threads they're not even a part of on these forums.

@The Oggmonster - aren't you Scottish?

I think Peter Richardson maybe one of those NZ'ers with Scottish grandparents, that's where the arrogance is coming from.

I was born and raised in Scotland to an English mum and Scottish Dad so yes I am but have lived in Sweden for several years. I think Peter Richardson missed my stereotypical Scottish self deprecating humour :)

What prompted you to say this. Its really necessary. I mean if you actually watch a scotland game at Murryfield then you'd know the whole stadium is quiet when the kicker is up. Maybe go watch a game then eat your own ars you swedish spaztic.

What would be awesome is if Samoa beat Ireland, Scotland win their legal action and then lose against Japan

Honestly I think the talk of legal action is just a way of telling world rugby we're not going to lie down and let you shaft us before they make the decision on Sunday morning. It's also got Mark Dodson written all over it!

Townsend and the players just want to play the game and have a chance of qualifying from the pool which is fair given the months of preparation.

There seems to be a lot of bullying from the English posters towards other nations posters in threads they're not even a part of on these forums.

Bullying? He called a fellow Scotsman a spastic.....

Don't teams go into the competition knowing the modalities of situations like this? I mean, it was discussed about 2 weeks ago and nothing much was said. Legally, what basis does Scotland have to actually force the game to be played?

And, should Scotland win the legal fight and oblige the game to be played, where does that leave the 2 other games? Surely it can't be a pick-and-mix of what matches they make an effort to reschedule and what matches just get dropped. Every one of the matches has something on the line: Italy can mathematically eliminate New Zealand, France V England decides who tops a pool and both have implications on fitness, injuries and potential discipline issues all of which directly effect those teams and their potential QF opponents.

Surely if Scotland force the match to go ahead, Italy do the same?

What would be awesome is if Samoa beat Ireland, Scotland win their legal action and then lose against Japan
I'd argue what would be awesome is if Ireland win, then Scotland win and then Ireland beat South Africa! Get rid of the real evil y'know! ;)

Honestly I think the talk of legal action is just a way of telling world rugby we're not going to lie down and let you shaft us before they make the decision on Sunday morning. It's also got Mark Dodson written all over it!

Townsend and the players just want to play the game and have a chance of qualifying from the pool which is fair given the months of preparation.

Yeah, it's just a warning that WR will never hear the end of the injustice because Scotland know they at WR's mercy. I can't blame them either, if Ireland were knocked out on account of the weather I straight up wouldn't recognise the winners of this tournament as world champions!

Yeah, it's just a warning that WR will never hear the end of the injustice because Scotland know they at WR's mercy. I can't blame them either, if Ireland were knocked out on account of the weather I straight up wouldn't recognise the winners of this tournament as world champions!

It was clearly Sergio Parisse's dream to bow out of international rugby as a world champion and the pen pushing suits at WR have crushed it. He probably won't recognise the winners as world champions either!

So anyway... Team news released.

Scotland: Hogg; Seymour, Harris, Johnson, Graham, Russell, Laidlaw; Dell, Brown, Nel, Gilchrist, Gray, Bradbury, Ritchie, Thomson.

Replacements:
McInally, Reid, Fagerson, Cummings, Wilson, G Horne, P Horne, Kinghorn.

Interesting dropping their captain before a key match. Taylor seems to have lost his place permanently to Harris. Completely different back row to the Ireland game, though same one as against Samoa. Still don't think Scotland are consistent enough, especially in the forwards. This game is completely open. Honesty can't call it.