• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Quarter-Final 3] Wales vs. France (20/10/2019)

Slide1-4-e1463273103430.jpg
Yeah I don't agree with looking at that record. SA had been at their lowest point during that period and I am pretty sure most of those matches were played in Cardiff? This SA team is a very different proposition

I'm from NZ. Sorry, I shouldn't be counting Welsh eggs, I was just basically just saying they're in some form and have a favourable run to the final. If the Welsh beat France and the South Africans beat Japan, it would be too close to call Wales vs South Africa!

I would back Wales. They have been looking solid/great all year. The French you just don't know, the unexpected factor comes in.

So just heard Peyper is reffing this... could be worse, could be better.

Barnes the only one better? Cause everyone else ineligible.

Deffo Barnes... I've also really warmed to Berry and the young English ref too, can't remember his name. Obvs prefer Owens too but he'll never ref Wales... well until next month :p.

Not seen enough of O'Keefe, what people's opinions on him?

Edit. and I know this is unpopular but I actually don't mind Agnes either... Peyper is fine though.

Deffo Barnes... I've also really warmed to Berry and the young English ref too, can't remember his name. Obvs prefer Owens too but he'll never ref Wales... well until next month :p.

Not seen enough of O'Keefe, what people's opinions on him?

Edit. and I know this is unpopular but I actually don't mind Agnes either... Peyper is fine though.

I thought O'Keefe was excellent on Sunday. The fact that he's barely mentioned on the Japan v Scotland thread (and the Scottishrugby blog) says a lot.

I thought O'Keefe was excellent on Sunday. The fact that he's barely mentioned on the Japan v Scotland thread says a lot.
That was my thinking too... the fact I can't really remember the guy (& I assume I've seen him ref a fair bit actually) means he must be doing something right.

Peyper is fine and unlike Agnes too problem is he had a poor world cup so sadly make sense.

#reftalk

off topic just for a sec, thought this young (like barely out've his teens young) Irish chap who reffed the Zebre vs a Dragons Pro 14 match the other Saturday was very good... gonna keep an eye on him.

What happened to Glen Jackson? Thought he was abysmal. Trigger happy ref who blew everything. Ex 10 trying to pretend he knows which arm to stick up after a scrum collapse. pfft. Anyway I hope Peyper has a good quarter, unlike Joubert 4 years ago...

What happened to Glen Jackson? Thought he was abysmal. Trigger happy ref who blew everything. Ex 10 trying to pretend he knows which arm to stick up after a scrum collapse. pfft. Anyway I hope Peyper has a good quarter, unlike Joubert 4 years ago...
Guest host on The Breakdown... sporting a really bad tash :D

My second team should win this one, the French are no longer inconsistent. Just consistently bad.

Just looking over the tables and just based on that Wales don't look as dominant as you would think.

View attachment 7656

One less bonus point than Aus (which was their game) actually scored same amount of points as Aus but conceded 1 more and scored 3 less tries. Obviously very raw statistics, but I found them interesting. For me anyway it feels that Aus are closer than some people say and that for me, while Wales are great at finding ways to win, it's not the winning of a confident and dominant team. Even winning the GS didn't feel like they blew everyone away and you could argue they scrapped a few close games they should have lost. However as I pointed out Wales have made a real habit of finding away to win close games or even games where they are second best, so I can't see them stopping against France.
Wales tend to steadily improve as tournaments progress, raising their level when they need to. They've worked hard on their mentality & ability to handle pressure, which had previously been a huge issue for years. However, France are more than capable of winning if they bring their A game. The truth is there is little to choose between the top 5/6 sides in the world, with the possible exception of NZ.

Latest posts