• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Quarter-Final 3] Wales vs. France (20/10/2019)

Wales fan.Thought we were bad today.Not much fun having butterflies for 80 minutes.just watching jap v sa now and impressed w Barnes verbosity rather than Peyper flapping his arms around and not talking.3 times Wales thought they had adv but didn't.And to stand in front of a near decapitation and not see it v poor

Wales fan.Thought we were bad today.Not much fun having butterflies for 80 minutes.just watching jap v sa now and impressed w Barnes verbosity rather than Peyper flapping his arms around and not talking.3 times Wales thought they had adv but didn't.And to stand in front of a near decapitation and not see it v poor
Welcome/croeso

I only dislike @bushytop

giphy.gif
upload_2019-10-20_12-4-23.jpeg

I agree, but you can't begrudge people not liking the way it went. People are free to have an opinion and in my opinion Wales didn't deserve to win. However, they have won and are in the semis, so in the end I guess that's all that matters. Said before they've made a habit of winning when they shouldn't, especially on the way the the GS this year. I can't see that tactic winning them the WC though.

It's a Gatland thing. I don't see Wales winning repeatedly when they shouldn't under Pivac. Fair play to Gatland who clearly knows how grind out results and it baffles me how they always seem to get the crucial breaks just when they need them.

Wales weren't great today eh. France though looked like a Fiji in blue, played some lovely offloading and got over the gain line often as a result. They worked hard when down a man too, with Medard playing some lovely territory at the beginning of the second half. They forced Wales to work very hard to take advantage of the red card and that is where some credit should go the the men wearing red. France were outstanding apart from one moment of madness and still Wales found a way to win. No doubt they will have to improve whether they meet us or Japan next week but they are still in it eh. People seem to be calling it a dull game, while I enjoyed it a damn sight more than either of yesterday's thrashings.

So as Faf somehow picks up the PotM in the other QF it made me think I have absolutely no idea who had it in this one.

I would 'probably' have given it to Wainwright or Vakatawa.

Probably, he's about the only player who came away from that performance without lowering his credit (along with Adams)

But one of those wins was so unethical, World Rugby had to change the rules. Wales have become the rugby team to hate.

That's the general feeling I get. Us Welshies won't mind that too much though as long as we keep winning. If and a big whale of an IF, we win the whole thing, some folks will implode and I'm afraid some of my fellow countrymen will take gloating to a new extreme!

sure Wales were woeful today played the occasion too much
We won't have to play NZ, England are already in the final and we've beaten them twice this year (one for a grandslam) but I guess it's just luck..
I wish I could agree with you, but having watched both of yesterday's qurter-finals, I cannot honestly see England beating the All Blacks - but I would love to be wrong
Mike

I agree, but you can't begrudge people not liking the way it went. People are free to have an opinion and in my opinion Wales didn't deserve to win. However, they have won and are in the semis, so in the end I guess that's all that matters. Said before they've made a habit of winning when they shouldn't, especially on the way the the GS this year. I can't see that tactic winning them the WC though.
How can you argue Wales didn't deserve to win? They had more points after 80 minutes.

its not like teams are scored on some metric independent of their opponent that determines worthiness

Must admit Barnes was far better today. Peyper didnt make anything clear, and didnt seem at all worried by France living offside ready for the rush tackles. I noticed Barnes was handling that far better, and as a result the teams didnt try it on.
Who do we get as ref next week for the semi?

Latest posts