• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Quarter-Final 4] Japan vs. South Africa (20/10/2019)

Yeah as correct as ignoring forward passes.
How many forward passes this match would of increased the lead by 5 points?

Look he needs to call those as well but crunch calls where a score is made or not you want the ref to get it right and he did. Unless you want 5 points you should not of got.

SA forwards can win it for them ,butter fingers and poor quality in backs at present.
Barnes calling it correctly for me on both none try for SA and no Red card for Beast so 1 big call each way.

So it does look like the crowd/atmosphere/culture/tournament may have gotten to Wayne a bit here... as it may have during other Japanese games. I still think the Boks will be able to get things done here and move on to the semi finals but Barnes has disappointed me a little here, one of my favourite referees for the most part.

How many forward passes this match would of increased the lead by 5 points?

Look he needs to call those as well but crunch calls where a score is made or not you want the ref to get it right and he did. Unless you want 5 points you should not of got.

It's not about 5 points. It's about possession. Every missed call or BS crowd call against us is ball we are not allowed to have. We have had no possession and Barnes has a lot to do with that.

Welp. I got to the beginning of the second half before Sean Maloney spoiled the result of the game I forgot to wake up for.

South Africa only have themselves to blame here, they've messed up every attack. Neither team looking potent at all really.

I think South Africa will edge this if fornj9 reason other than that Japan dont seem to have copped that they're playing a knockout game. Could do with kicking a few drop goals from all their possession.

Makes no sense. Instead we opt to put even more pressure on the chasers with this useless box kick. Get Faf and Willie off. Is Willemse on the bench?

The Saffa chasers illegally blocked every time. Its not even subtle. Its poor from De Klerk that he didn't realise what was happening early in the half.

I don't get how South Africans can be ****** with Barnes. I think he's had a solid game as always.

edit: needs to go to tmo on this

Barnes is getting that tackle in the air horribly wrong. He's been good generally but that's a poor call.