• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Semi-Final 2] Wales vs. South Africa (27/10/2019)

Well done S.A, held your nerve. Not a great game, but in the final. Think the result just about reflects the sides.

unlucky Wales, spirited performance, how about you support England for the final :).

Not the greatest spectacle but I thought SA just did enough to deserve the win.
Wales ball in hand maybe would have been better kick game by both was poor.
I guess we know what SA bring to table will just need to play well again.

Wasnt quite the spectical of yesterday.

England vs SA

Based on watching both teams over the last 2 games id say England go as favourites, by no means a done deal but on better form.

Congrats to SA

Dire game, can't attack vs won't attack

I doubt SA will have the same game plan next week, but I hope they do

i think they have to essentially play like that. We couldn't get any change out of your defence so I can't see how SA will given lack of inventiveness.

The way for them to win is just kick it until they get into your half then bash through the forwards.

If anyone has the forward to win an arm wrestle against you, it's the Boks.

Sorry Wales, all I can say is that I do think Wales have been living on the edge for a while and every now and then it's going to go against you

Now Garland has a bow-out game against New Zealand! Might not be the perfect finale but it feels right in its own way.

Game won by referee. Even the TV commentators thought he was dire.

You just need to accept that if the majority of the game is going to be played negatively for constant shots at goal it is going to be won and lost on single calls, you can't play like that and cry about a decision that didn't go your way.

Two very similar teams collided, a proper semifinal & fair play to SA for just about holding their nerve,at the death.

Sorry Wales, all I can say is that I do think Wales have been living on the edge for a while and every now and then it's going to go against you

Yup, I said after the France game that the mathematical chances of Wales winning three consecutive bum-squeakers was limited. You can't argue with maths!

Sorry Wales, all I can say is that I do think Wales have been living on the edge for a while and every now and then it's going to go against you.

This. It's similar to when England had 18-in-a-row in their first couple of years under Eddie. We were winning but not dominating, there were a lot of squeakers, and sooner or later the ball is gonna bounce the other way.

Now Garland has a bow-out game against New Zealand! Might not be the perfect finale but it feels right in its own way.

Not really. Depleted and bruised welsh team. It's not the best time to play NZ and it'll be a big score

Well, that was disappointing.
Hard to single out any one person for praise or criticism.
However, Parkes was just taking up a space that could have been used by someone to play rugby.

Heck, maybe we can beat our hoodoo with NZ in the 3rd place playoff if they don't want to be there. If they turn up and we play like that then it's going to be a massacre, though.

At least I can support England in the final now, along with a load of English friends.
(unlike a minority of pathetic England fans on here who's only contribution appears to be that of critisicing Wales.)

Latest posts