• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Semi-Final 2] Wales vs. South Africa (27/10/2019)

Congratulations to the Boks, gave a big performance and managed a clinical final 5 minutes... well done on a massive effort.

For Wales, sometimes it just doesn't seem meant to be. Massive effort, brave calls, some very good execution in patches and always in the game. I don't feel anything really went our way, rub of the green nor 50/50 ref calls but that's the way it goes sometimes and I'm not gonna moan. I'd rather celebrate a great effort against huge adversity where as always we more than did ourselves proud.

We'll get the next final!

i think they have to essentially play like that. We couldn't get any change out of your defence so I can't see how SA will given lack of inventiveness.

The way for them to win is just kick it until they get into your half then bash through the forwards.

If anyone has the forward to win an arm wrestle against you, it's the Boks.
SA will do exactly the same next week it's the only way they know!

Unlucky Wales, a lot of effort, but just lacking in the invention side of things. Another day, and the game would have gone the other way.

Only really arguable point is I believe Du Toit should have been carded at the end of the first half for the aerial hit on Moritarty.

In the end it came down to injuries and freshness. Wales simply lost too many key players throughout the tournament and in the game.

Garces inconsistent AF but had no real bearing, Wales butchered their chance just after 70 minutes by playing one out rugby which meant South Africa knew exactly what they had to do which means everything is much easier for them. Weird because Wales exploited South Africa by going left through hands in first half. Also scored their try there thinking about it. Silly silly silly.

Congratulations South Africa, did what was needed whilst feeling the nerves. Should give them a boost going into the final.

Well, that was disappointing.
Hard to single out any one person for praise or criticism.
However, Parkes was just taking up a space that could have been used by someone to play rugby.

Heck, maybe we can beat our hoodoo with NZ in the 3rd place playoff if they don't want to be there. If they turn up and we play like that then it's going to be a massacre, though.

At least I can support England in the final now, along with a load of English friends.
(unlike a minority of pathetic England fans on here who's only contribution appears to be that of critisicing Wales.)

I was one who was rooting for Wales today. Normally don't, but just because it would have been special to see an all NH final and still think England would have won:cool:. Still good luck v NZ in 5 days, who'll be waiting to unleash their fury at losing to England yesterday. I expect of the two Wales' players will want to be there slightly less.

Wonder if the boks will be the first team to lose a game then go on to win... I can't see it happening but interesting that they've got the chance to do it.

That loss really gave them a nice path to the final. Tactical masterclass.

Please also send a message to Underhill to smash Faf and Willie. I don't care if we lose, but if those 2 players get smashed and feel it for 3 weeks I will see it as a victory.

yep Message passed to him via Eddie and Mitchell.:p

Good assessment. Some people are calling this a dire game, but with two very conservative teams in a semi-final, you aren't going to get a spectacle.
Aka a dire game.

Was filth - but fair play South Africa.

Latest posts