• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Semi-Final 2] Wales vs. South Africa (27/10/2019)

Much better game from faf, wille amd pollard (compared to last game, for me at lest), but seruously we need a 4/3 split for the final

What amazes me that Wales seem to be getting criticised by many and they have reached a World Cup semi final with all their injuries. Add fully fit rob evans and lee, the injured hill, Ellis Jenkins, nividi, Toby f, anscombe, Liam Williams to that team and think of the difference. They have done brilliant to get this far without some big hitters, eng and South Africa would be out with that injury list, needs to be taken into account. For the Size of our country, a proud Welshman.

Wales just couldn't get enough front foot ball. Moriarity was probably their best carrier and more often than not he was stopped on the gainline.

Can't see any way South Africa win the final. Their approach stinks to high heaven.

What amazes me that Wales seem to be getting criticised by many and they have reached a World Cup semi final with all their injuries. Add fully fit rob evans and lee, the injured hill, Ellis Jenkins, nividi, Toby f, anscombe, Liam Williams to that team and think of the difference. They have done brilliant to get this far without some big hitters, eng and South Africa would be out with that injury list, needs to be taken into account. For the Size of our country, a proud Welshman.

Are you not entertained???!!! That was intense stuff from the start to finish.

Dan Biggar - Running Metres made -50. The plan to run at him by De Allende was a masterstroke. After what Fiji and France did to him, it was a great plan to do the same. Then just try and capitalize on that.

Willie is still our resident pedestrian. I think he's done now, and luckily we have fresh guys available for his position.

Massive job by our forwards again, pity Garces blew sometimes a bit too quickly, but our defence was again massive.

nice to see the spies Eddie Jones and John Mitchell in the stands. But here's what they should take note of, We know how to grind it out, we are not afraid to defend, and we can play ugly and win. So bring it on!

Sorry Wales. You were worthy opponents!

This is going te be one tense week.

Much better game from faf, wille amd pollard (compared to last game, for me at lest), but seriously we need a 4/3 split for the final
It could have gone any way

Special mention to Halfpenny who I thought was outstanding. Was a great effort from Wales. Probably couldn't have asked for any more, bar a few silly penalties.

The turning point was obviously, Loeuw Winning the penalty after soaking up all that pressure. You just knew they'd go on to score from there.

Good intensity, very poor quality for a semi. Countless errors, poor kicking and little creativity.

Not the best advert for rugby.

Lets hope the final is a better spectacle.

Much better game from faf, wille amd pollard (compared to last game, for me at lest), but seriously we need a 4/3 split for the final

It could have gone any way

agreed, very close, whoever scored the 3pts after 70 mins was going to hold out and win. Good luck in the final.

Are you not entertained???!!! That was intense stuff from the start to finish.

Dan Biggar - Running Metres made -50. The plan to run at him by De Allende was a masterstroke. After what Fiji and France did to him, it was a great plan to do the same. Then just try and capitalize on that.

Willie is still our resident pedestrian. I think he's done now, and luckily we have fresh guys available for his position.

Massive job by our forwards again, pity Garces blew sometimes a bit too quickly, but our defence was again massive.

nice to see the spies Eddie Jones and John Mitchell in the stands. But here's what they should take note of, We know how to grind it out, we are not afraid to defend, and we can play ugly and win. So bring it on!

Sorry Wales. You were worthy opponents!

This is going te be one tense week.

Can't see Rassie dropping Willie, only change will be Kolbe for N'Kosi (if fit)

Don't think England will fear the Boks though

2007 rematch final. Thia will be epic, good luck to wales vs their game with all blacks, I hope it will we entertaining.

Also goes the same with the finals, hope its a nail biting game till the end

Not for the effort just the **** rugby, you were always going to struggle in the latter stages with the likes of bigger, sure bring him on to close out if you have a lead but from the start there is just never going to be much attacking intent apart from a few possible cross field kicks, should have had Patchel on to start.

Extra time plz.

20130327_vader_642.jpg
Is that Ken Owens?

Not for the effort just the **** rugby, you were always going to struggle in the latter stages with the likes of bigger, sure bring him on to close out if you have a lead but from the start there is just never going to be much attacking intent apart from a few possible cross field kicks, should have had Patchel on to start.

I am guessing your nationality is English? If so you have been guilty of of that type of rugby for many many years!! Biggar is picked over patch for exp, Remember anscombe is first choice and has a running game. Like I say with Farrell, tiulagi, billy etc missing you would be out too. Just need the luck and to peak at the right time, we have not had that, simple really.

One of the more stressful matches for sure. Pretty sure I was close to a nose bleed at the end.

Immediate thoughts that both Willie and Faf are STILL fumbling their way trying to find some form. I've never got so close to throwing my beer bottle at the TV when Willie knocked on that absolute sitter of an up and under. I have this feeling that the only thing that is going to fix him for awhile is a break from rugby. Faf did have his moments though.

I'd like to see Pollard taking more control and playing to the corners more. Teams tend to use a really aggressive rush defense on us and I think there is lots of space for the taking there. We briefly exposed this tonight but it didn't seem part of the game plan. With our very good defensive lineout I think our chances are better there than up and unders which nobody seems to be contesting effectively.

Last edited:
I am guessing your nationality is English? If so you have been guilty of of that type of rugby for many many years!! Biggar is picked over patch for exp, Remember anscombe is first choice and has a running game. Like I say with Farrell, tiulagi, billy etc missing you would be out too. Just need the luck and to peak at the right time, we have not had that, simple really.

When we did it there were more than a fair few Welsh sticking the boot in. As it is now, Wales play some exceptionally dull rugby relying almost entirely on contestable aerial kicks to go forward.

I live in England and have done most of my life, all my family are English but I happen to have been born in Swansea which actually makes me more welsh than some of the squad, not that any of that is the point.

nationality doesn't really come into it if you go back through various threads you will see me saying about the key players missing my point is simply that, With Williams out there is a massive lack of attacking threat IMO the whole selections were simply wrong DB and LH are both great players in their own right but both replacing more creative players, Simply doesn't add up.

I live in England and have done most of my life, all my family are English but I happen to have been born in Swansea which actually makes me more welsh than some of the squad, not that any of that is the point.

nationality doesn't really come into it if you go back through various threads you will see me saying about the key players missing my point is simply that, With Williams out there is a massive lack of attacking threat IMO the whole selections were simply wrong DB and LH are both great players in their own right but both replacing more creative players, Simply doesn't add up.

who do you expect gats to pick jimbo?like I say anscombe and Liam are first choice 10 and 15 and biggs and halfpenny are excellent backups. Was he suppose to play patch and Amos at fb in your mind?

Latest posts