• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Semi-Final 2] Wales vs. South Africa (27/10/2019)

If England become arrogant and think they already have this in the bag, they have another thing coming. We don't play flashy rugby yes, but we have the players to do the Job. Bloody hell was that tense tho, so many knock ons, and so much kicking is painful to watch.....we're in the final through grit, one more match to go, and Hopefully Siya will hoist the web ellis trophy high.

Well done Bokke, always the pride of our nation.

Look Fafs defense is pretty good. Always has been. He has been a mongrel and nuisanse and that's great (even though he screwed up with that Welsh try on defense) The problem with him is his execution. At least half of his box kicks went straight into the air, and that dropped catch was ridiculously amateur. He made a telling kick at the end, but he made so many that were terrible, and in a knockout game that is inexcusable. The game plan is ugly, but effective. It's the execution that has been poor, and it has been all tournament. Pollard fumbling before that attempted pass was also amateur. Willie was so bad I don't even know what to say about him.

Hats off, Wales, you were the better team on the park today, moreover considering all the hard luck that stroke your team, off and on the field.

What a terrible and depressing final, same bullish and kick styles of play...

Absolutely gutted ..

But looking back it was a decent effort to push the boks all the way and maybe on a different day taken the victory.. I honestly think a fit Liam Williams would of been the difference in a game like that and North may well of been in with a try if his hamstring hadnt gone, I thought garces had a decent game overall but not sure how tips was supposed to roll away from that ruck for the first SA pen anyways this is rugby and overall considering the bad luck through injuries to lose this was a good effort although it hurts for sure..

End of an era too..

I reckon gatland should just forfeit that game against the ABs .

I look forward to see what Pivac adds to this Welsh team , the base is there (when all fully fit) but we really need to bring a more exciting brand of rugby and I hope Pivac can instill this into our game and I know our win ratio will not be as it is but I'm happy for us to be going into a rebuilding a new era for the next couple if years of it pays dividends at the end.

Edit: Not to say Ive not enjoyed gatlands reign at the helm , he's brought a winning brand of rugby into Wales and deserves to have freedom of Cardiff for what this era has achieved under him

Hats off, Wales, you were the better team on the park today, moreover considering all the hard luck that stroke your team, off and on the field.

What a terrible and depressing final, same bullish and kick styles of play...

I disagree it was a 50/50 game and a kick fest sure the game could of gone either way..

I can imagine it was a boring game for the neutral but not if you were Welsh or bokke .
I dont understand it being a depressing final , it's an intriguing final because you have the boks style against England a team who have probably (Japan aside) played the best rugby accurately attacking rugby and with solid defense. Should be a Stormer for the neutral!

I disagree it was a 50/50 game and a kick fest sure the game could of gone either way..

I can imagine it was a boring game for the neutral but not if you were Welsh or bokke .
I dont understand it being a depressing final , it's an intriguing final because you have the boks style against England a team who have probably (Japan aside) played the best rugby accurately attacking rugby and with solid defense. Should be a Stormer for the neutral!
i'm a bok fan and i consider that one of the worst games i've ever watched including the 57-0 drubbing we got against NZ

If England become arrogant and think they already have this in the bag, they have another thing coming. We don't play flashy rugby yes, but we have the players to do the Job. Bloody hell was that tense tho, so many knock ons, and so much kicking is painful to watch.....we're in the final through grit, one more match to go, and Hopefully Siya will hoist the web ellis trophy high.

Well done Bokke, always the pride of our nation.

I think most people have said based purely on semi-final performances England are favourites. However trust me, no one in England is taking the final for granted as we've shown over the last few years that we can play incredible one week and absolute rubbish the next. Until about 10 minutes in when I see England performing at the same level I'll be nervous as ****. Boks can easily win if England don't turn up or are complacent or are simply better on the day.

i'm a bok fan and i consider that one of the worst games i've ever watched including the 57-0 drubbing we got against NZ
Thats what generally happens when both teams employ the same territory tactics .This game was never gonna be an exciting game for the neutral

If England win the RWC next week, no one can say they were lucky. They would have beaten Australia, NZ and SA 3 weeks in a row. That has never been done before and for me would surpass 2003's RWC win.

If England win the RWC next week, no one can say they were lucky. They would have beaten Australia, NZ and SA 3 weeks in a row. That has never been done before and for me would surpass 2003's RWC win.
Hate to steal any thunder but that convenient little week off at the end of the pools will always put an asterisk on this one if you do get the win imho... and consequently I would rate 2003 higher.

#justsayin

Unfortunately there will always be that question mark of what could of happened had you played France in the pool stages..

Hate to steal any thunder but that convenient little week off at the end of the pools will always put an asterisk on this one if you do get the win imho... and consequently I would rate 2003 higher.

#justsayin

First England have to win next week. But from an England fan point of view and I think many others that that week when Habibas decided to blow through will always be treated as an absolute freak occurrence during a RWC. If there are sour grapes because England win then it has more to do with reflecting other nations' dislike of England. England could only play the games they were able to and allowed to in the tournament. Beating all 3 SH giants (even though the Wobblies are not a great vintage) in the knockout stages would be an achievement in itself and end up with Bill. I'd like to remind Wales, Ireland and Scotland that none of them have beaten one of the SH sides in the knock out stages of a RWC.

#justsayin.:p

#justsayin
Nobody will give a flying duck a month from now. Just like when England and Wales won the Cricket World Cup (except the NZders).

Reality is we are in the final on merit and the ABs had just as much rest as us.

What England have done is peaked at the right time and also had zero injury crisis. This has been an incredibly well structured camapaign and the backroom boys deserve a lot of credit.

The scary thing is this isn't an old team they could quite happily come back in 4 years time.

A side note I do think 2003 is better. That was a team dominating after 2 years of sheer brilliance. This is more 'surprising' but it wouldn't top watching that team win for me. Plus the 2003 were my heroes and always will be.

First England have to win next week. But from an England fan point of view and I think many others that that week when Habibas decided to blow through will always be treated as an absolute freak occurrence during a RWC. If there are sour grapes because England win then it has more to do with reflecting other nations' dislike of England. England could only play the games they were able to and allowed to in the tournament. Beating all 3 SH giants (even though the Wobblies are not a great vintage) in the knockout stages would be an achievement in itself and end up with Bill. I'd like to remind Wales, Ireland and Scotland that none of them have beaten one of the SH sides in the knock out stages of a RWC.

#justsayin.:p
upload_2019-10-27_14-8-54.gif

Nobody will give a flying duck a month from now. Just like when England and Wales won the Cricket World Cup (except the NZders).

Reality is we are in the final on merit and the ABs had just as much rest as us.

What England have done is peaked at the right time and also had zero injury crisis. This has been an incredibly well structured camapaign and the backroom boys deserve a lot of credit.

The scary thing is this isn't an old team they could quite happily come back in 4 years time.

A side note I do think 2003 is better. That was a team dominating after 2 years of sheer brilliance. This is more 'surprising' but it wouldn't top watching that team win for me. Plus the 2003 were my heroes and always will be.
And that is all I was essentially saying. Look, I'd have celebrated from the rooftops if Wales had won the thing with a week off at the end of the pools... never said that I wouldn't! In this age of attrition (player injuries etc) and the game of inches (fitness reserves etc) it is simply something to consider. Sorry that it affects your 'sunshine and lollipops'.

Latest posts