• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 QF1] Wales vs Argentina (14/10/2023)

I cannot believe that game got killed by a ref decision.

All I wanted was for better teams to win, and not for there to be any controversy because of a poor decision.

I screamed on Argentinas behalf that it was only a penalty and not a yellow to be reviewed, when I heard it was no foul play...

That was a far better qf than I expected fair play to both teams, Wales have set a foundation to build on considering the financial issue and the recent drama around it I think they have kicked on well, the scoreline flattered arg to some extend very little in it.

No doubt the talking heads in the UK will be talking about the yellow card that never was for the Argentina player.

Awe man. That's gutting. We are so poor on our strength in depth. Some of the subs *Costelow* ahem weren't up to it.

Well done Argentina.
Commiserations Wales.

Rebuilding time! We need to develop our players!!

All I wanted was for better teams to win, and not for there to be any controversy because of a poor decision.

I screamed on Argentinas behalf that it was only a penalty and not a yellow to be reviewed, when I heard it was no foul play...
The better team did win

Well we'll have Argentina and Fiji against Ireland and France. What a WC !

I think Adam's should have had a yellow and so should Arg 4, so for ne the poor decisions cancel each other out.

Sad for wales, but still a lot of positives to take from the tournament. Lots of younger guys blooded, played better rugby than I expected coming in.

Very nice read from Sanchez. Fair to say I got every element of my prediction wrong. A controlled gameplan without Sanchez nullified the Welsh kicking game and from there it was a bit of a coinflip. Plus the Pumas pack did better than I expected.

I know Wales didn't have great options with Anscombe going down but picking Biggar and thereby settling for 1 or 2 tries a match means any game against Tier1 nation becomes loseable.
Biggar and Liam Williams both looking like they've been carrying injuries all tournament. Liam had barely played before it. It's certainly going to be an interesting 4 years for Wales to develop now as there's a lot of big players finishing in the backs.

I think Wales might have done it today if the yellow had been given on the line - but the game was really lost in the 15 mins each side of the half where they got really sloppy and lost their shape and line out. I've no complaints really.

I suspected Wales would get around here, but I can't believe the manner in it. It was such a weak low effort game and Argentina were gifted the win in the end. Best of luck to Argentina going forward.

Awe man. That's gutting. We are so poor on our strength in depth. Some of the subs *Costelow* ahem weren't up to it.

Well done Argentina.
Commiserations Wales.

Rebuilding time! We need to develop our players!!
Like England you need to clear out the older players, but might struggle at first due to a lack of 40-60 cap players. Need to just take it on the chin and give them as many chances as possible. You don't need another player holding up a position to beat AWJ's record.

Latest posts