• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 QF4] France vs South Africa (15/10/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope sorry France should of been 14-0 up clear deliberate knock on and penalty try. That was after a few mins SA got no calls like that.
Need to see it again. I was so caught up in the match and saw Eben's big mit come out to
Palm the ball but could only go with what O'keef said at the time.

Going to be a SA v NZ final isn't it?
England can play a spoiling, grunt through the middle, retain at all costs game and kick penalties to win
Argentina could skin NZ on the outside and kick 50M penalties to win

but yeah, going to be NZ v SA final with another NZ WC win.

Argentina to take third, just to **** off the poms even more.

Nope sorry France should of been 14-0 up clear deliberate knock on and penalty try. That was after a few mins SA got no calls like that.
Would be good to see that in slomo replay

Baile second try was a 50/50 call..it was reffed fairly well as a neutral

England can play a spoiling, grunt through the middle, retain at all costs game and kick penalties to win

Not going to be f'ed off with that. Not enjoyed watching England these last 4 years and semis is as good as this team deserve.

Neither England or Argentina will give a toss about 3rd spot.

SA and NZ are now the top 2
Yea I get things have changed now. But top 2 coming in, not just in rankings but most people's minds too. Insane to think they're both done now. Was always a risk thanks to the ridiculous timing of the draw, but to see it actually pan out is still pretty jarring, even as an AB supporter.

Happy for our ole' Bok mates though.

No one dislikes England more than English fans lol

We did it. We actually did it.
To be fair SA have been favourites to win since before the tournament, so I'm not sure why you're surprised? 😆

Congratulations on booking the semi final. Have a beverage for us.

Cheering for France but I thought South Africa deserved the win. They looked dangerous every time they attacked while France was struggling big time.

Ref was bad and a bit biased against France.

South Africa New Zealand is a fine final, I was hoping Ireland France.

Yeah that looks about right, but there's been bigger upsets this weekend

Ref, two touch judges and the TMO bunker say it did - random on the internet watching on his TV says it did

Who to believe???
SA literally put out tons of videos saying exactly that...

As an England supporter I had no skin in the game and would have preferred to play the French in the semis - I'll repeat my assessment- it went for and against for both teams. The reality is that it just doesn't go the way we want all of the time. Both teams didn't deserve to lose. Both teams deserved to win. But that isn't reality.

NH people complaining about refs when the yellow card count was 4 - 0 over the 4 games,
Maybe learn how to close out games up a man lmao.

Not even bothered. I'm shocked to see people say BOK gave us the win. I was cursing all the way because he absolutely refused to ref the ruck and we had no shot at a contest there up until the French tired and Fourie and Smith went in combo. Anyways. I'll re-watch. Certainly saw France get a short straw or three as well but felt like an uphill battle at times with a number of non calls I felt we were due.

But onwards. I do think that the semi's are potentially massive banana skins. Favorites tags mean nothing in a one off knock out game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts