• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 QF4] France vs South Africa (15/10/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im still reflecting on that Kolbe conversion charge down. Who does that?. 😆
Game winner. MVP for me.
There's a guy in Wellington (NZ) club rugby who attempts these charge downs. He often gets close, but spectators just laugh and say "He should save his breath."

And just listen to Antoine Dupont in the press conference talking about the ref, he is quite fair usually, but he clearly did not appreciate Mr O'Keefe game...
yep pretty incredible to hear Dupont criticizing the referee in post match press conference so clearly, and he is not the kind of guy who is doing this usually

Asked about Ben O'Keefe's refereeing a few minutes after the final whistle against South Africa (28-29) , Antoine Dupont first referred the question to our colleague at a press conference: "And you , What did you think ? » Then the captain, with a black look, did not hide his bitterness on the subject: "There are still actions... There is a lot of frustration after this match and we are going to see images again which will give us even more frustration I think. There are clear and obvious things to whistle about that haven't been.

I don't know if the match is lost at that moment but in the crucial moments... When you have advanced sixty meters and you slow down a ruck... There are still things that are easy to whistle. I don't want to be the bitter person who complains about the refereeing because he lost, but I'm not sure that the refereeing was up to the challenge today. »

500 tickets for the SEMI1 that nobody seems to wanna buy in the official resale portal...thanks god I sold Semi2 in no time, I guess the English will cross the channel in big numbers for the game vs the Boks

I wouldn't count on it. Fans feel very lacklustre about England at the moment.

Asked about Ben O'Keefe's refereeing a few minutes after the final whistle against South Africa (28-29) , Antoine Dupont first referred the question to our colleague at a press conference: "And you , What did you think ? » Then the captain, with a black look, did not hide his bitterness on the subject: "There are still actions... There is a lot of frustration after this match and we are going to see images again which will give us even more frustration I think. There are clear and obvious things to whistle about that haven't been.

I don't know if the match is lost at that moment but in the crucial moments... When you have advanced sixty meters and you slow down a ruck... There are still things that are easy to whistle. I don't want to be the bitter person who complains about the refereeing because he lost, but I'm not sure that the refereeing was up to the challenge today. »
I thought he was terrible and very biased vs France since the very first minute. France really should have been up 14-0.

One bad call after the others, mostly to France detriment.

But I still think South Africa had a bit of an edge in this game

I wouldn't count on it. Fans feel very lacklustre about England at the moment.
I think the amount of empty seats is gonna be pretty incredible for both semifinals...people are dumping their tickets back into the resale portal like there was no tomorrow.

Terrible news for the organizing committee which quite frankly organized quite a pathetic tournament for the fans.

Sorry guys, I just saw the replay of the Ramos conversion, Kolbe is just 2 meters away from the ball when Ramos starts running. Just gross ...
My understanding is that the defending runner cannot be in the field of play IE over the try line, before the kicker moves.
Kolbe has amazing acceleration and suspect he is probably at full speed within 10 -15 meters from a dead start.
"Assuming" Kolbe preempted Ramos's move towards the ball (Studied him in video replays) and Kolbe started running from eg 10 -15 meters before the try line he may well be up to full speed at the point at which Ramos moves.
Kolbe's 100m time is 10.7 - That means he can cover 20 meters in 2.3 seconds.
Ramos has a tendency to make a slow approach to the ball (drags his left foot) very controlled.
I would suggest that from the start of Ramos's movement to striking the ball could take as much as 2.2 seconds depending on the distance and angle of the kick.
So I guess - statistically it is possible with a bit of luck a player could intercept a ball in low flight.
Gary Player once said "The more I practice, the luckier I get".

This deliberate knockout is the turning point of the match. Should have been a yellow and penalty try. Even if the ball was backwards, you just CAN'T touch it unless you catch it and then pass it backwards after being in control of the ball. This was shocking.

I thought he was terrible and very biased vs France since the very first minute. France really should have been up 14-0.

One bad call after the others, mostly to France detriment.

But I still think South Africa had a bit of an edge in this game
The Ref was a sick joke........it is blatantly obvious that WRC want a Southern Hemisphere final....Ireland got the same treatment.

seems to be a classic example of the SA management gobbing off about refs so much in recent years that refs end up favouring them, not a good look or message that puts out.
The whole competition stinks, it was all geared for an SA/NZ final....yet again.

Big congrats to SA, tough battle fought.

Sadly though, refs are being forced by their governing body to pick a winner, this is no criticism of them, as Nigel Owen's says, it's possible to pick a penalty at every breakdown.

Laws are convoluted, new safety guidelines are in direct opposition to fan entertainment, and rugby has this beautiful gift of making the sport look bad on every occasion!
The Laws are far too complex and as u/owens says, u can find an infringement anywhere.......watch any other sport and the rules are pretty easy to understand and therefore u can enjoy it...not Rugby anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts