• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool A: Australia vs. Wales (10/10/2015)

I hope thats Cheikas attitude. He wont have a team left by the time they make the finals! LOL.

And BTW I think its all a load of crap and iv been saying it all year. Im just in here to wind you aussies up.
Hehe im sure he is hoping Hooper and pocock dont stray to much.

Kiwis are just upset that after years of their god Richie doing it to others the shoe is now on the other foot. Its a joy. [emoji6]

Kiwis are just upset that after years of their god Richie doing it to others the shoe is now on the other foot. Its a joy. [emoji6]

Now now Mccaw "cheats" but he isnt dirty about it.... other than that argy player he didnt like running away with "his" ball earlier on in the tournament I cant even think of an instance where he's deliberately kneed someone which is amazing considering the amount of games he's played and been subject to alot of targeting......

Umm, you don't remember the Gregan era? Come on, don't pretend the Aussies were clean players before now. Truth is, all good sides cheat, the great sides get away with it.

Underarm bowling? *cough*

Was Dan Bigger's missed PG in the 1st half decisive? If the HT score had been 9-9, the 2nd half could have been very different...

Umm, you don't remember the Gregan era? Come on, don't pretend the Aussies were clean players before now. Truth is, all good sides cheat, the great sides get away with it.

Underarm bowling? *cough*
It was legal at the time [emoji6]

Being greeted by the news that Liam Williams is now out of the tournament this morning is really not a good feeling :(

I really do now fear this may be a step too far for this Welsh team. We're struggling to put a coherent back 3 together without Williams if North moves to centre. I know our group of forwards have been pretty immense so far and kept us in games, but when the backline becomes this depleted and you're having to rely on the likes of Cuthbert and internationally unknown players winning their first caps your hopes of making it any further kind of go out the window. If they now manage to pull off some sort of miracle against SA it would probably be the proudest I've ever been of this Wales team.

We've all just got to hope that Roberts isn't injured. That would probably be the final nail in the coffin.

Last edited:
I've seen enough dirty play by captain mcaw over the years and all blacks forwards. Pocock isn't really known for this sort of thing. Wales haven't reported it so I'd be surprised if he gets cited. I had a look at the replay, the Wales guy is holding onto him from the ruck, he was freeing himself. Obviously he didn't put too much force into it or the guy wouldn't have got up. Storm in a kiwi teacup :)

Being greeted by the news that Liam Williams is now out of the tournament this morning is really not a good feeling :(

I really do now fear this may be a step too far for this Welsh team. We're struggling to put a coherent back 3 together without Williams if North moves to centre. I know our group of forwards have been pretty immense so far and kept us in games, but when the backline becomes this depleted and you're having to rely on the likes of Cuthbert and internationally unknown players winning their first caps your hopes of making it any further kind of go out the window. If they now manage to pull off some sort of miracle against SA it would probably be the proudest I've ever been of this Wales team.

The unity and purpose in the Welsh team is awesome. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the beat south Africa.

I've seen enough dirty play by captain mcaw over the years and all blacks forwards. Pocock isn't really known for this sort of thing. Wales haven't reported it so I'd be surprised if he gets cited. I had a look at the replay, the Wales guy is holding onto him from the ruck, he was freeing himself. Obviously he didn't put too much force into it or the guy wouldn't have got up. Storm in a kiwi teacup :)

It doesn't work like that mate.

Pocock should be out off the tournament. Samoa wing Tuilagi was suspended for 5 weeks using a knee, I hope he's dealt with appropriately and fairly. At least 2 weeks, like what Tuilagi received eventually, after the appeal. There is far more foul play and intent in Pococks incident and he should be out off the tournament, regardless of what a good player he is, rules are rules.

- - - Updated - - -

Again foul play costing Australia players, they are cheap shotters, really sick of their dirty cheap shots, it seems endless.

Deliberate - yes! No doubt.
Should he be cited - yes! No doubt.
Should he be banned for a game - not so sure!
The contact seems soft.

Here's an idea - instead of banning a player for "x" number of games for a soft offence in a post match citing, selectors can still select him for the next game but he starts in the sin bin. A retrospective yellow card. That's not to say that outright bans cannot be enforced in a post match citing depending on the severity of the offence. If this had been spotted in play he would have in all likelihood served a yellow.

This retrospective yellow card should not have an expiry date. So irrespective of when he is next selected he will serve 10 minutes from the get go. This would cause a real headache for coaches and selectors cos at some point they would want to play him but knowing that they will start with 14. No coach wIll want to be put in that position by a player and so by implication may affect whether a player is selected or not indefinitely.

Just a thought!

Last edited:
Wales obviously didn't think there was anything worth reporting as they are past their 12 hour deadline. So unless the citing commissioner thinks otherwise very soon...yes it actually does work like that. I get it that as a nz fan you would be desperate to avoid playing the Wallabies with David pocock...

Wales obviously didn't think there was anything with reporting as they are past their 12 hour deadline. So unless the citing commissioner thinks otherwise very soon...yes it actually does work like that. I get it that as a nz fan you would be desperate to avoid playing the Wallabies with David pocock...

Yeah, fingers crossed. So did the Japs report Tuilagi?

Wales obviously didn't think there was anything worth reporting as they are past their 12 hour deadline. So unless the citing commissioner thinks otherwise very soon...yes it actually does work like that. I get it that as a nz fan you would be desperate to avoid playing the Wallabies with David pocock...

I'm not. I don't get the hype behind Australia right now. So they beat a few crap teams, so what? Yes, they've improved a lot in the last two years but beating the Wallabies is no harder than beating RSA, Ireland or Argentina.

- - - Updated - - -

So wasnt dirty or cheating [emoji2]

It was dirty.

I'm not. I don't get the hype behind Australia right now. So they beat a few crap teams, so what? Yes, they've improved a lot in the last two years but beating the Wallabies is no harder than beating RSA, Ireland or Argentina.

If you get passed France see you guys in the final and we will see.

It was dirty.

No, it was against the spirit of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Which crap teams have they beaten?

Latest posts