• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool A: England vs. Australia (03/10/2015)

To quote cipriani- "Not one Australian would get into that England team right now," Cipriani said on his Paddy Power blog.

"England's players know what they can do and they only just touched the tip of the iceberg against Wales.

"They didn't quite put the nail in the coffin, but if it all clicks together on Saturday, Australia won't have an answer.

"The Aussies will be fired up, but when it comes down to it, head-to-head England are too

Does he want to start digging that grave now or tomorrow!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah like other games I've been to it could be very good (like NZ 2012) or very bad (wales 13).

The millennium stadium one was awful. Great atmosphere but loads of middle class welsh fans who knew very little about the game. So bad that it even ruined the night out afterwards and i didn't think that was possible.

Is that a pop at the Welsh in general or were you just peeved because you lost[/QUOTE]
Not a pop at wales, theres annoying clueless fans galore at twickers too. And they're mostly lovely people but that game they were ecstatic and i just wanted to be somewhere else.

More than peeved to have lost!

Is that a pop at the Welsh in general or were you just peeved because you lost
Not a pop at wales, theres annoying clueless fans galore at twickers too. And they're mostly lovely people but that game they were ecstatic and i just wanted to be somewhere else.

More than peeved to have lost![/QUOTE]

Fair comment not everybody knows in depth about rugby The home crowd were probably more vocal than normal that day for obvious reasons

Also take into account the difference in rugby culture between Wales and England, whereas it is a upper class sport in England , it to s very much a working class sport in Wales.

Last edited:
never knew there was a ranking table for all sports ,where can I find it

- - - Updated - - -

you mean the uk at the last two Olympics,but as yer English I know you get mixed up sometimes

Note the flag at the side... Union Flag and last time I checked England is part of UK and I was speaking to a Kiwi...

Eddie 'Its only a penalty if the English do it' Butler is backing us? Hell doth frozeth over.

Weirdly I'm more confident about this game than I was the last one but am less confident at the same time....dunno how that works but it describes my general feelings at the same time.

Eng vs Aus always a hard game to pick. Aus been a bit weak for last few years but in typical fashion coming good at the right time.

I'm hoping that it clicks for England. We are due a good team performance as not really had one since the end of the 6N and with all that is riding on this game, they should be fired up.

Can't help but picture what it will be like if it goes wrong tomorrow night, doesn't bare thinking about.

Glad to see the Welshies got past the potential banana skin. They should be cheering for us tomorrow as an Eng win puts both Us and the Welsh in pole position to go through.

If Eng see the Aussies off Wales can hopefully rest some of their squad.

Actually for Welsh prospects they probably want us to loose. Us winning means they'll probably have to beat Aus to go through.

Actually for Welsh prospects they probably want us to loose. Us winning means they'll probably have to beat Aus to go through.

As if the Welsh ever needed a reasoned argument for wanting England to lose to anyone.

Eng vs Aus always a hard game to pick. Aus been a bit weak for last few years but in typical fashion coming good at the right time.

I'm hoping that it clicks for England. We are due a good team performance as not really had one since the end of the 6N and with all that is riding on this game, they should be fired up.

Can't help but picture what it will be like if it goes wrong tomorrow night, doesn't bare thinking about.

Glad to see the Welshies got past the potential banana skin. They should be cheering for us tomorrow as an Eng win puts both Us and the Welsh in pole position to go through.

If Eng see the Aussies off Wales can hopefully rest some of their squad.

How did you come to that conclusion, if you win we will need to beat Australia! Sorry buddy but I want to see my team qualifying at that mean England losing to Australia tomorrow , its not secret England wanted Fiji to win yesterday and rightly so as it would of benefitted England's chance of qualifying.

- - - Updated - - -

As if the Welsh ever needed a reasoned argument for wanting England to lose to anyone.

I suppose that's true in the 6 nations but not in the world cup , I don't give a **** who qualifies between England and Australia , however I would liked to have seen Fiji qualify along with Wales !

- - - Updated - - -

If Australia beat England tomorrow does that mean they are gonna win the WC ?

Fair enough, I don't blame you for not caring.

- - - Updated - - -

Though I have Welsh friends who want us to go through as well...

- - - Updated - - -

I'll never understand that, for me I want the UK and Ireland teams to do well. I'm tired of being thought as the lesser hemisphere...

Fair enough, I don't blame you for not caring.

- - - Updated - - -

Though I have Welsh friends who want us to go through as well...

- - - Updated - - -

I'll never understand that, for me I want the UK and Ireland teams to do well. I'm tired of being thought as the lesser hemisphere...

What you mean lesser hemisphere , do you mean the rugby dominance of the southern hemisphere?

And for the record I've never stated I didn't want England to qualify , I'm just after the best scenario for Wales pal and that means an aussie win , boots on the other shoe the English would be doing the same (not you personally) but majority would

Last edited:
Yes...

Would you not like roles reversed where the AB's dreaded tours to the UK because they are on the wrong end of three thrashing a from Eng, Sco and Wales...

Yes...

Would you not like roles reversed where the AB's dreaded tours to the UK because they are on the wrong end of three thrashing a from Eng, Sco and Wales...

No because I like the lions tours!

Can England still go through if its a draw? My ideal situation would be a draw here, with both teams going through to the QFs, and Ireland meeting England in the SFs!

Yeah we can go through on a draw but it requires Wales to throughly beat Aus....something I wouldn't bet on.

Can England still go through if its a draw? My ideal situation would be a draw here, with both teams going through to the QFs, and Ireland meeting England in the SFs!

Optimistic there. Not looked at the draw scenario as THERES no way this game will be a draw.

Latest posts