• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool A: England vs. Australia (03/10/2015)

I predict a 32-28 victory for England tonight as I can't ever remember England losing twice in a row at Twickers. If that happens then Wales would be out of the World cup on points difference for sure, as I can't see us beating the Wallabies next weekend.
Very unlikely but if you want to convince yourself thats fine.

They weren't great against Argentina or SA in the rugby championship . I think it all depends on England's discipline which in all honesty has been bloody horrendous in the last few games

i don't know beating Argentina by 25 on their own deck is a decent effort, considering NZ beat them by 19 at home and the Boks list in South Africa.

whoever wins will be the team that scores more points than the other team. that will be the key

Reply to AzaMatt: I can see that you've studied the game in some depth, but I don't think that getting too technical is a good idea - people will just tune out.

Seriously though England - time to prove me wrong and win a big, big game. This is what sport is all about, now I'm off to watch Eng/Oz form 2010.

whoever wins will be the team that scores more points than the other team. that will be the key

Quality post detected. The man is spot on.

On another note, I can't choose who I want to win. Generally I have a subconscious favourite, like Wales when they played England, or I like the underdog. In this case I really don't know. I think if it came down to it, I'd like Aussie to win, because it'd be funny if England didn't make it out of their pool at their own RWC.

Last edited:
Annoyed that the players can't keep mouths shut. It comes across as them overcompensating for their anxieties. Lancaster should have tried to rein that in.

Just read the article by Brian Moore on Marler's scrummaging bit of an eye opener as I was on the side of what he was doing was wrong.

Reply to AzaMatt: I can see that you've studied the game in some depth, but I don't think that getting too technical is a good idea - people will just tune out.

Seriously though England - time to prove me wrong and win a big, big game. This is what sport is all about, now I'm off to watch Eng/Oz form 2010.

I'm sorry. Ill tone down my technical expertise of the game and speak in laymen's terms haha. But in all seriousness, I cannot decide. Either team by 3 I reckon. Keep changing my mind

Quality post detected. The man is spot on.

On another note, I can't choose who I want to win. Generally I have a subconscious favourite, like Wales when they played England, or I like the underdog. In this case I really don't know. I think if it came down to it, I'd like Aussie to win, because it'd be funny if England didn't make it out of their pool at their own RWC.

Almost as funny as NZ cruising through their group only to get knocked out by France in the quarters with Wayne Barnes as the ref ......

Remember that time you won two world cups?

Haha you started it . If you are gonna get arsey don't come running your mouth .... Remember when the Aussies have won as many world cups as you in a sport you idolise and the Aussies don't even care about .....

It's at least the 4th sport in Australia

And South Africa have won as many as you but played 2 less . And you have been like the best team in the world for more or less 100 years which I'm sure you have never told us about

Last edited:
Yawn. You're meant to use your own countries achievements when bantering, not others...

Latest posts