• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool B: South Africa vs. Scotland (03/10/2015)

Looks like South Africa is the underdogs for the match. I don't mind really... I think we will win this match.

I can't wait for this game - really interested to see how Scotland match up with SA. I reckon they might pinch a win. I hope you don't find that insulting Heineken ;)

Not at all.

I might sound cocky here, but I can honestly look at the 2 matchday squads, and say that SA is man for man better than Scotland. I just hope we show that we are.

I see that the Bok Team Announcement will only take place tomorrow evening at 18:00.

Last edited:
Think SA should get the win. How does the Scottish world cup squad compare with the team the boks played last year? Not sure what other yard stick there is

Edit to add: Boks by 20

There are a ton of factors to consider here. Off the cuff I'd say SA should be favorites but I'll wait on both teams to be named first. Scotland and SA both are sweating on a number of key players.. I'd even say SA more so and then we could make a few poor choices on selection as well and then there is the weather etc.

The main reason I have SA as slight favorites is the fact that we fit well into how Nigel Owens tends to referee; strict at the breakdown and he tends to make fewer errors and be more consistent (not reffing two sides differently like we see often). Him as referee goes a ways to negating Scotland's home advantage as he isn't as hugely influenced by the home crowd as others tend to be in my experience.

Hugely looking forward to this match with the added bonus of the Samoa vs Japan match right thereafter being worth something no matter what the result of this fixture; if SA win then a Samoa win will setup a big showdown Scotland vs Samoa and if SA shoud lose then things get real interesting for the 2nd spot.

Last edited:
Blair Cowan has been called into the Scotland squad as a replacement for the injured Gilchrist. Another player who would have felt rightly aggrieved at being left out of the original squad.

And before more of the nonsense posts continue I think we can all agree that South Africa remain favourites for this game. That doesn't mean that Scotland can't and won't give them a game and have the self belief about them that this is a game they could win.

I don't think this will be an easy victory. I think the Boks will win this with 7 points.

JdV forced retirement is actually a blessing in disguise as ive been saying for the past 4 odd years... great guy (no not me) him (JdV)

ive always backed youth (so i doubt some of the old legs in the AB team aswell, woodcock, mealamu and maybe nonu and conrad)

kriel/Damien centre pairing are immense but what is up with SA never picking form players?

why opting for players that know the bulls stampkar gameplan of 1972 that played for the boks before...

where are the guys like Elton Jantjies and Jaco Kriel who have performed?

you need players that are dynamic, instead of stampkar bashing, you going to get outwitted come 1/4 finals

i'm not sure if Scotland will be able to outsmart the stampkar... stampkar aka running "ruining" maul from your own half might just be too powerful

Icemn, are you one of those South African All Black supporters?

Icemn, are you one of those South African All Black supporters?
yes why? you have an issue with me supporting your brand of play? instead of the SA maul/stampkar?
you have an issue with me having Christian Cullen as my child hood idol, whom i still believe is the best fullback ever instead of Percy Montgomery?
you have an issue with me supporting the hurricanes all my life because of their "expect the unexpected" moto and because they populate 90% of the all black back-line over the last few decades... instead of the stampkar blue bulls?
is there something wrong with supporting a diff franchise other than the one geographically closer because the "chicken" they serve is dry?
believe me... id love to move to wellington!

We don't speak about THOSE South Africans......

- - - Updated - - -

Friendly banter....

- - - Updated - - -

Friendly banter....

enough about "US" and having to prove ourselves... who cares anyways...

lets talk about the stampkar... sorry i mean rugby at hand...

Scotland by 12...

- - - Updated - - -

Friendly banter....

It would be wise of you to add the Cape Crusader (Hurricane) to your ignore list like many of us have done. It will make life way more pleasant for you on this forum...

yes why? you have an issue with me supporting your brand of play? instead of the SA maul/stampkar?
you have an issue with me having Christian Cullen as my child hood idol, whom i still believe is the best fullback ever instead of Percy Montgomery?
you have an issue with me supporting the hurricanes all my life because of their "expect the unexpected" moto and because they populate 90% of the all black back-line over the last few decades... instead of the stampkar blue bulls?
is there something wrong with supporting a diff franchise other than the one geographically closer because the "chicken" they serve is dry?
believe me... id love to move to wellington!

Wow, someones defensive, it was just a question.

I don't know why you guys are so hard on Icemn and keep blocking him.

There are many like him and everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Sure, I think he is a massive dumbass, but that's just my shallow perception of him. For all we know he is quite a sharp young man with a bright future and he just struggles to show us that side of him. Maybe he is very subtly being ironic and trolling us all. Maybe he is actually Pdivvy. Don't judge before you walk a mile in his shoes, or plakkies. Crocs even.

Hoping we don't have any injuries going into this game, we NEED du Preez. It's a bit sad and worrying for the rest of the tournament... Excited to see DDA and Kriel together again.

Wow, someones defensive, it was just a question.

it happens when everyone always question your preference... but I also blame the Glory Hunter AB fans in this country for giving the real fans a bad name as well...

south africa are a wounded giant, there will be a serious backlash for teams facing them and I wouldnt be surprised to see them go very far in the tournament still. Scotland will put it up to them though, they are a good test

it happens when everyone always question your preference... but I also blame the Glory Hunter AB fans in this country for giving the real fans a bad name as well...
The ABs have been unquestionably the best team in the world in the past, highest win rate, most tries etc, yet you don't see fans in the UK, Aus, SA supporting them. A lot of the English hate their coach and style but they still support them, the French hate PSA but they still support their side, the Scots don't have the population or money to compete consistently at the highest level but they still support their side.

Supporting a different countries national side because they play better rugby is not an excuse to be unpatriotic. If your issues is politics due to apartheid I somewhat understand your viewpoint however.

In any case I'm excited for the game and expect it to be a tight encounter. I think the side will be similar to the one we saw against Samoa with the following changes:

Serfontein < DDA (injury)
BdP < Strauss (rotation)
Lwazi < Habana/Pietersen (rotation)

With the last one being lest likely. I'd expect Matfield to pick up the captaincy as well.

Last edited:
Yeah Matfield will probably be captain with FdP/Pienaar running VC :/

Let's not forget Pienaar was VC earlier this year.

EDIT:

Even though we try to through excessive intake of alcohol

Latest posts