• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2017 EOYT] Ireland vs. Argentina (25/11/2017)

What weight is he? The Irish profiles have him at 108kg which is light enough for 6"8 and 9kg lighter than Hendo. Obviously these are notoriously bad but I think 118kg would be a decent goal if he can move with it!

Yeah they tend to update those slowly. I'd believe he was that coming out of school, now 115-120 is much more likely.

Yeah they tend to update those slowly. I'd believe he was that coming out of school, now 115-120 is much more likely.
Aight' that's fair enough. Tall fellas are much more likely to pick up injuries than thicc bois in general but especially when they're young. Hopefully Ryan starts getting that old man strength before the RWC, he'll be dad dicking lads in no time!

Kearney did all right. Hard to fault him on this match.

But, these performances are all too seldom. He's also not exactly building a solid body of evidence of being dependable fitness-wise.

I'd really like to see a bit more focus on depth at 9, 10 and 15. Cooney or McGrath at 9. Dunno who at 10. Stockdale, Conway, TOH or even Carbery were all options for 15. None were examined in depth this autumn.

In 2019 we could again be walking into a world cup depending on 2 or 3 people staying fit and in form throughout.

That'd be two Tier 2 sides in two weeks that Ireland couldn't beat at home by more than single figures. Dark days for the oval ball game on the Emerald Isle! :p

Seriously though, with the willingness by Schmidt to use faster wingers I fear Italy are going to get absolutely shredded in the 6N by at least three sides (not a new thing I know). It will stand Ireland in good stead for a ***le push as they are going to find bonus points easier to come by.
Of the 3 teams though I loved Fiji approach. Really stayed through to themselves and are starting to combine the necessity of 15 man game with the sublime of the 7 man game

If Ireland can score more they could go a long way. I only watched the first half of this match but credit where it is due Sexton was involved in a try.

I have a ton of respect for the Irish union. From the provinces to player management to the building of their brand I think that they are doing it right. Credit to them. They deserve 100% to be the 3rd best side in the world and I hope they take the 6N next year.

But emotionally I just can't like them. I am sure that they are nice enough guys but I can't help but think that Murray, Stander and Earls look like guys that go to pubs looking to get in fights. Why do they look like that?

Also, Irish commentators are so horrible. Total homers. No other commentary team is anywhere remotely as bad.
........ What in the world are you talking about? Stander has to be one of the most humble, well spoken and gentle men in World Rugby, and I have no idea what you're referring to in the other two either.

........ What in the world are you talking about? Stander has to be one of the most humble, well spoken and gentle men in World Rugby, and I have no idea what you're referring to in the other two either.
Stander is a gent and very charitable man.
Keith Earls has done more for regeneration of Moyross than most. A lad that puts family and roots first but very shy and not a guy who likes nights out etc

To be fair, he did admit to judging by the cover, its just bizarre! We have Furlong and Ja Ryan who look like they eat people, Healy definitely fits the previous description and then you've got Murray and Kearney who only fight in a bar when they're trying to escape hoardes of women!

OR

To be fair Munster will always drag the reputation of this side down, they're the reason Argentina hate us!

(Haven't grasped the atmosphere of this thread yet /s)

To be fair, he did admit to judging by the cover, its just bizarre! We have Furlong and Ja Ryan who look like they eat people, Healy definitely fits the previous description and then you've got Murray and Kearney who only fight in a bar when they're trying to escape hoardes of women!
Regards Kearney there 1 comment I do agree with. Also Tadgh would be swinging if he got screwed at a mart on Saturdays

No one will ever come close
4703.jpg

Feel like it would also be remiss to not mention the 2015 Connacht team turning into crime fighting vigilantes when a bunch of knackers stole Henshaw's laptop. Vigilantism is illegal goys.

Last edited:
We dont hate the Irish. Although its true some player got thugs face xD. A bald giant entered as 2nd row yesterday he looked mean as hell haha

Maybe they just scare me. I know that they would beat me at rugby. That's for sure!

What I found strange was complimenting the best 10 and one of the most intelligent attackers in rugby for being involved in a try...

I said after the Bok game that I don't think that Ireland score enough for all the class that Murray and Sexton have.

Just announced New Zealand are coming next November for a test. I hereby declare 2018 as the year of Northern aggression.

Just announced New Zealand are coming next November for a test. I hereby declare 2018 as the year of Northern aggression.
Heard a rumour that NZ wanted one in Amsterdam too but demanded the full gate among other ridiculous things. Hopefully they get bummed over here and us and our London based Bros can get on with sauntering to a RWC final.

Latest posts