• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2017 EOYT] Ireland vs. Argentina (25/11/2017)

But Ireland didn't have a full team...

Argies have regressed pretty badly like the other two chasing RC sides. It's also their choice to handicap themselves and have a stupid system whereby a club side is expected to compete internationally.
True enough. Just sayin, a genuine Argentina side isn't as bad as this team makes it seem.

True enough. Just sayin, a genuine Argentina side isn't as bad as this team makes it seem.
Maybe but a genuine Arg team we can't judge. They may on paper be good full strength nut on their past 9/10 games they are poor

Even with a full team this would be a victory for Ireland much closer though that it will be this Saturday. I hate to see it but i hope we lose 50-3 something so harsh that they force to reconsider the road we taken.

ps. match time?

Even with a full team this would be a victory for Ireland much closer though that it will be this Saturday. I hate to see it but i hope we lose 50-3 something so harsh that they force to reconsider the road we taken.

ps. match time?
17.30 local time.

the arrogant irish again. still remeber how you had to shut up in 2015. you are not the all blacks jaj please be more humble.
yes you have the edge this time, better at the moment and at home, but guys you didnt win yet. i dont think arg is a poor side. they are clearly under performing. tired? to much to travel? bad managenent? no money? may be a bit of all of these. remember we dont have a profesional league so it was an AMATEUR side that took you from those world cups..
good luck for the game

the arrogant irish again. still remeber how you had to shut up in 2015. you are not the all blacks jaj please be more humble.
yes you have the edge this time, better at the moment and at home, but guys you didnt win yet. i dont think arg is a poor side. they are clearly under performing. tired? to much to travel? bad managenent? no money? may be a bit of all of these. remember we dont have a profesional league so it was an AMATEUR side that took you from those world cups..
good luck for the game

But we have beat them bro! xx

If you look at the starting team that beat Ireland in the World Cup there is only 3 players that don't play anymore, to be fair they are important players in Ayerza( now retired), Lobbe and Imoff. But they shouldn't have regressed that far, I think their main problem is they look completely blunt in attack.

Hi to everyone,
our main problem is Hourcade (completely incompetent)
Rather than enhancing competencies at our coaching staff we should we should integrate knowledge from new zeland or Australian coaches.
Our federation took a very bad decision : to learn so many things at the same time
- to learn how to manage a profesional team in super rugby (Jaguares)
- to learn how to bring Young players directly to profesionalism from amateur rugby (without having an
- to learn how to deal with tremendous traveling all along the year
- to enhance competencies at our coaching staff (Hourcade comes from amateur rugby)

Ireland were without their 5 best players for that World Cup quarter final. Johnny Sexton, Tommy Bowe, Jared Payne, Paul O'Connell and Sean O'Brien are very difficult players to replace. [EDIT - Peter O'Mahoney was out too]. Argentina could only beat what was put in front of them though and fully deserved their win. Much better on the day.

Rumours that Adam Byrne and James Ryan are starting for Ireland on Saturday.

Ireland were without their 5 best players for that World Cup quarter final. Johnny Sexton, Tommy Bowe, Jared Payne, Paul O'Connell and Sean O'Brien are very difficult players to replace. [EDIT - Peter O'Mahoney was out too]. Argentina could only beat what was put in front of them though and fully deserved their win. Much better on the day.

Rumours that Adam Byrne and James Ryan are starting for Ireland on Saturday.
That'd be great because it would both put pressure on Hendy to be a leader in the row and give Ryan great exposure. I wonder if Schmidt wants to force that as his starting row for the 6n, last year he played D Ryan for the first three games and dropped him for the last while continuing with Dev and Toner v Scotland in r1, it looks similar this time around too. Byrne getting his run is fine, I imagine it'll be in Conway's place, hopefully he can produce and has become more intelligent under Joe.

Kearney, Byrne, Henshaw, Aki, Stockdale, Sexton, Murray, CJ, SOB, POM, Henderson, Ryan, Furlong, Best, Healy presumably.

Guts of the 2019 side there I imagine.

99 and 2007 you also had injuried players?

Why the twig up your bum? I haven't seen anyone say anything even remotely arrogant in this thread. Argentina have been crap since the World Cup. 2 wins against Georgia and Italy out of what 20 tests? Ireland's record since the WC is pretty damn good. You can't fault someone for expecting to a team to lose when most of their own fans aren't even expecting them to win.

Presumably we'll see see Byrne in this game. A back 3 of Byrne, Stockdale and Conway could be very exciting. Though I am prepared for some Kearnelicious. Normally I don't object to his selection as much as others but against Argentina I am just reminded of how exposed he was at the 2015 QFs. I know it's going to be a way different team to the one Kearney was playing in then but I'd like to see Schmidt take the risk.

The Ireland and Argentina sides of 10 and 18 years ago are hardly comparable to these days.
Argentina were formidable back then, now I'd rather a test series against them in Argentina than a test in Edinburgh.
He's just trying to hurt our feelings, we [Ireland and Argentina as rugby] don't like each other! They look at our trophies and medals and wish they got medals when they play their finals against us at RWCs! If you're not a winner...

Any chance of a lend of the Falklands this week?

Why the twig up your bum? Argentina have knocked Ireland out of 3 WCs. Ireland thump Argentina in between WCs. That's just the way it is, and probably will continue to be. At least next time you'll only be able to knock us out of a semi. Since your first post on this page you've come across as very precious.

Presumably we'll see see Byrne in this game. A back 3 of Byrne, Stockdale and Conway could be very exciting. Though I am prepared for some Kearnelicious. Normally I don't object to his selection as much as others but against Argentina I am just reminded of how exposed he was at the 2015 QFs. I know it's going to be a way different team to the one Kearney was playing in then but I'd like to see Schmidt take the risk.
Earls and Little Kearney exposed RK as much as anything in that game. RK is a very good defender who's usually in the right place at the right time, its part of the reason he's number one.

But Ireland didn't have a full team...

Argies have regressed pretty badly like the other two chasing RC sides. It's also their choice to handicap themselves and have a stupid system whereby a club side is expected to compete internationally.
The wolf doesn
Any chance of a lend of the Falklands this week?
You serious? Why would we want the Falklands when we can have Rockall.
370px-LE_Roisin_at_Rockall.jpg

Just look at the lovely proudly Irish sea ***ty.

The Ireland and Argentina sides of 10 and 18 years ago are hardly comparable to these days.
Argentina were formidable back then, now I'd rather a test series against them in Argentina than a test in Edinburgh.

This is the kind of comment you hear from folks who have little comprehension about how countries lift themselves for the RWC.
Here we are right in the middle of a trough between RWC's.
Argentina and Aussie, yes even the Boks and also Wales, Scotland and Fiji. All of those teams can be average in between RWC's, however, when crunch time comes they all have the ability to regularly produce performances that punch above their average results inbetween RWC's.
England and Ireland are both waxing in strength and dominance right now, but in 2 years time, it will be a different story.
England could be awesome, but they have been a mixed bag at RWC's. Always competitive (2015 aside) sometimes the bridesmaid, but they have to be taken seriously.
Ireland on the other hand seem to fall on their sword at RWC time. They have flattered to deceive and all this banter, which is to be fair, generated by the good results they have been garnering, will be tantamount to tumbleweeds if they give their usual historical offering at the RWC.

Latest posts