• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool A] Round 4 - Ireland vs. Samoa (12/10/2019)

Yeah I think he reffed Wales vs Georgia and thought he did a good job then too. What with losing Barnes and Owens it's good to see some high quality fresh blood.

Is Owens retiring after this RWC as well?

We look good but hard to judge as Samoa are rubbish like I mean terrible. We will still put 40 on them with 14 men.
Larmour looking sharp. Backrow playing very well. Hames Ryan goin well too. Still a bit meh on centres. Henshaw looks rusty. Sexton too.

I understand the framework but at normal speed there's not a huge amount he can do. Is he supposed to avoid a tackle?

He is meant to tackle lower & with more control

Like the 1st YC to Samoa, the Ref explained to their captain to "Tackle Lower" when asked "What they we do"

It's not too hard Lads

Why are there waterboys coming on when they blow for a scrum? Refs need to get the game going and stop teams taking time outs every scrum

Should I make that 50. Over to you Japan....

Sexton have a shower and Joey lead it on

Samoa have been poor in this tournament. Ireland doing a job here. Highlight has been seeing Furlong in beast mode all half.

Best 40 mins I've seen from Irish in RWC Handling has been dodgy but nonetheless been clinical 4 entries to Opp 22 = 4 tries

Offlaoding... Shocking to see from Ireland team Good ball carrying from Pack Ryan & Beirne have flashed as well as beast mode Furlong for his Try

Samoa are terrible - ageing team who've played few Test Matches in last 4 years Doesn't help that they've a bunch of 2nd rate AUS/Kiwis

Yeah you're right he did go above the shin mate. Stockdales head to be exact.

yeah I would need to watch it back but on initial viewing it looked like the player was almost at a 90 degree angle bending at the waist, if this is the case then by the current logic you would literally have to complete every tackle either lying on the floor or diving at the player or risk player dipping last minute and getting penalised.

Last edited:
yeah I would need to watch it back but on initial viewing it looked like the player was almost at a 90 degree angle bending at the waist, if this is the case then by the current logic you would literally have to complete every tackle either lying on the flooring or diving at the player or risk playing dipping last minute and getting penalised.
You just need to copy this fella from poofball...
upload_2019-10-12_12-51-57.jpeg

yeah I would need to watch it back but on initial viewing it looked like the player was almost at a 90 degree angle bending at the waist, if this is the case then by the current logic you would literally have to complete every tackle either lying on the floor or diving at the player or risk player dipping last minute and getting penalised.
You're just going to ignore that the tackler was rising into contact and was standing upright straight after contact to get this point across I suppose?

Latest posts