• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Quarter-Final 3] Wales vs. France (20/10/2019)

So there is 'talk' and that is in all probability all it is... but Twitter is a buzz (exactly) and it was even mentioned on tonight's scrum v (I love the show but double-exactly) that what with Navidi looking in all probability to be crocked (it was written all over his face) that Faletau's collar bone has now healed (certainly not match fit though obvs... even if it has).

Now obviously this is served with a fistful of salt as opposed to a pinch but the fact that I would trade my right nut for a fit Faletau right about now is causing me to see this as around a 1% chance (when in reality it is probably more like 0.00001%).

Haha, yup heard that on Scrum V as well. Highly unlikely, but if he were fit I'd get him there and pit him on the bench. If any player can slot back in despite no rugby it's Faletau. His absense has been huge.

Haha, yup heard that on Scrum V as well. Highly unlikely, but if he were fit I'd get him there and pit him on the bench. If any player can slot back in despite no rugby it's Faletau. His absense has been huge.
Maybe if we all pool our right nuts it will help... I'm grasping at straws here!

France are out, and they can't blame their coach or union. It's all because of Clermont!

France were unbeaten in this tournament until that red card too.

EHV1HJCU4AACjxd.jpg

As stupid as Vahaamahina elbow.
Sgt Peyper deserve a red card too.

What is wrong with this? He's not allowed to have a sense of humour?

He posed with fans, they probably asked him to pose like that. Nothing sinister here. just a bunch of rugby loving guys having a laugh. I think it's actually a pretty cool photo to have with a referee.

I guess, it's just frenchies being whiny about the loss.

He posed with fans, they probably asked him to pose like that. Nothing sinister here. just a bunch of rugby loving guys having a laugh. I think it's actually a pretty cool photo to have with a referee.

I guess, it's just frenchies being whiny about the loss.
I like that the refs aren't robots. Barnes is brilliant when he goes on Rugby Tonight (rugby programme in the UK). Dishes it out to the ex pros. Refreshing to see.

I can easily imagine consequences and reactions if it as been done by a french ref during a confrontation ie: between England vs South Africa.

;)

The thing is, if he'd been referring to a contentious decision it would be controversial.

But that red card really, really wasn't controversial. The elbow definitely happened, the red card was definitely justified, there is no controversy whatsoever. So why shouldn't he joke about it?

I can easily imagine consequences and reactions if it as been done by a french ref during a confrontation ie: between England vs South Africa.

;)
Well in Imaginationland feel free to impose whatever punishment you like, go nuts.

Meanwhile in the real world, a Frenchman elbowed a Welshman in the face in full view of everyone. The referee who red carded him doesn't have any obligation to avoid acknowledging that incident for fear of upsetting some fans.

I think that is a laugh, but it's not the most professional or impartial. I hope it doesn't change anything but I imagine it will impact his chances of reffing any other games.

I think there's quite a few parallels between Wales and Ireland. Each team's most successful coach is retiring after the world cup, they both seem to be struggling with teams adapting to their tactics that have brought them success and they both gambled on out of form players who haven't really delivered. It was an extremely poor performance from Wales, if they were playing any other of the quarter finalists I'd reckon they would have lost yesterday.
There's too many players that are out of form for Wales, especially in the backs. Parkes is a centre who's reputation come from a solid player who did all the basics well and made the right decisions, now he's struggling to do those and has suddenly looked out of depth. With Wales only taking 3 centres, they don't have too much of a choice in this position, Watkin has shown a bit of promise but not really stepped up to the plate. Even worse is North, he looks like he is carrying an injury to be honest, doesn't seem to any pace or power at all. Gatland made brave decisions to leave Lee and Evans at home in the front row and pick in form players, but didn't seem to do this with others. It now looks like the wrong decision to leave Lane out, who probably was the inform Wales winger last year despite injuries. With Centres and Wing struggling more has been left to Biggar to get this backline going, however this isn't his strength and he is really struggling to get anything out this backline. This is where Gatland has to be brave and pick Patchell, he's a running threat himself and because of that will keep the opposition's defence a bit more honest and give the back a bit more time. Forwards have been pretty decent to be fair, however if that Navadi injuring is as bit as some are saying that's going to be a problem, especially since all Moriarty is currently offering is penalties to the opposition. If Navidi is out, then I would rather out an out of form Shingler at 6 with Wainwright at 8.

;)

Laisses tomber..

You are on an anglo-saxon forum. anglo-saxon world where the banter is quite sometimes used to hide borderline racism (surrendering monkeys and all the crap around this for example) and genetically integrated in each of those people. We, in france, would not have thought too much of doing this kind of photo, it is just not part of our rugby DNA, it would be seen as hurtfull somehow, never saw that sort of bullshit on Sam Warburton when he got sent off in 2011 (the behaviour was different surely, still this was about respecting the other team at the end of the day and nobody in France would have thought of starting to post monkey pictures of Warburton planting the top of the Eiffel tower down the ground) it is not something we can comprehend in some situations.
I'm sure the guys and Peyper who took the photo did not mean bad consciously, they were celebrating, having a pint and a laugh. I'm sure Warburton did not mean bad in 2011 but there are rules and he got red carded, i'm even sure Vahamina (and I despise him for having displayed such a behaviour) did not really mean bad, it was a senseless kind of anger behaviour, but he got red carded. Peyper should have behaved in my view but thats me, and I'm not even reacting as a french guy, just in general, I would have not found that funny if such things would have happened to Warburton in 2011 because I feel it would have been misplaced and arrogant, even more when the score was tight and there was nothing to be arrogant about.

Latest posts