• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Semi-Final 1] England vs. New Zealand (26/10/2019)

What a game, were New Zealand off form or did England simply not allow them to play?

How many final warnings does Nigel Owens give before he actually does something?

That's the risk.
Have we just played our final, and have nothing left to give next week?

you say that potentially some truth but SA Wales is going to be Attritional as **** so they would probably be in a similar boat.

Good on ya, England. Completely outplayed.

I will hold the "I told ya so's" for the aftermath.

Still driving up from Chamonix
Nearly had several accidents on the motorway listening to the game.

Pulled up at a lay-by to say welcome to the England boys and everybody on this thread.

listening to a game is more nervous than watching it !!

Impressive stuff from England. That was a thrashing, even if the scoreboard didn't quite reflect it. NZ generally looked poor and that is full credit to England's relentless defense, dominant breakdown work and excellent kicking game.

England unlucky not to score at least one more try, and NZ lucky with the try they did score.

England will be tough to beat in the final.

Honestly I can't believe that performance. Everyone thought they wouldn't keep it up for 80 minutes and part from one lineout they did. NZ weren't allowed anything and had no answer. Incredible performance. Got to do it one more time.

What a game, were New Zealand off form or did England simply not allow them to play?

How many final warnings does Nigel Owens give before he actually does something?

Both. ABs overrated. They've lost to Ireland, Boks and Wallabies in recent years.

England underrated. Capable of so much if they chase tries through open play. Lovely team to watch from a neutral standpoint.

Absolutely brilliant only 1 poor lineout throw and butchering a rolling maul.
Hope we aren't blown out by this performance looks like a 9 call up can't see us calling a winger up.

Proved we have some mental toughness. To not let NZ into that and when we got caught on the outside we scrambled, forced an error, buddled them into touch or got a turn over.

Deserved win is what makes me the happier, 80 min performance with no cards, 2 disallowed tries 2 missed penalties.

Tactically brilliant from the poms, hats off boys.
Played basic mistake free Territorial rugby.
Fundamentals wins games.

Horrible from the ABs, weren't hungry enough.
Didn't adjust, kicking game was terrible, line speed was lacklustre, poor communication in defence.

Ruined my holiday here in Raro!! Lol
Oh well back to the beers!

Latest posts